Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Mike Sims-Walker Season Outlook 2010

RW Blurb:

Mike Sims-Walker left Friday's preseason opener with an injured shoulder.

The severity is unknown. Sims-Walker has been plagued by lower-body injuries dating back to UCF, so at least the ailment is not of that nature. He's our No. 17 ranked receiver this season. Stay tuned for updates

Mr. Glass up to his old tricks. You'd have to be nuts to take this guy as a WR2...

Hopefully it's nothing serious. He is on my Do Not Draft list and I want him sitting there in the top 20 for someone else in my league to grab so another WR like Nicks drops to me. Fingers crossed...

Already had Mike Thomas pegged as a nice sleeper, MSW is so prone even though talented.. take a flyer on Thomas late in drafts especially if you invest in MSW.

he looked good in return shows great rapport with Garrard and is a physical freak, so prone though ultimate risk/reward WR pick? If healthy atleast a WR2 with Wr1 potential... if injured he's nothing hahaha

No offense man, but I have read a few of your posts and they are very difficult to understand. Not only that, I have seen you post back to back posts in threads that have the exact opposite tone and opinions (like the posts above). You may want to think a bit more about what you want to say (and how you want to say it) before posting. Again, no offense, just figured I would give you some constructive criticism so you can add value to the boards.

been there routinely for me in 5 / 6... I'll gladly take him in the latter.

been there routinely for me in 5 / 6... I'll gladly take him in the latter.

Yea i took him with the 60th pick last draft. Im deciding between him or Nicks as my keeper.........

nice ability, too injury prone scared to take him because of that rather take someone more durable. I understand if you are feeling lucky though, because he is damn talented.

I assume this thread died because it's a 2009 thread rather than a 2010 thread. Anyways, I can see MSW doing a shade under 1,000 yds. with 4 TDs. I think Mike Thomas (that's his name, right?) really emerges this year with the Jags.

HUGE BUST.

It's like he's invisible out there.

Anybody watch the game? What happened to him out there? I'm assuming David Garrard ignored him since Champ Bailey was on him?

Anybody watch the game? What happened to him out there? I'm assuming David Garrard ignored him since Champ Bailey was on him?

Only had two targets, Bailey was all over him the entire game. MSW was running a lot of deeper routes and Garrard simply wasn't looking his way. Sims-Walker will have some strong games this year, as he's J-Ville's best deep threat by far. Thomas was running a lot of shorter routes over the middle, which Garrard was looking to almost exclusively.

Consistently inconsistent.

Wait till he has a big game then unload him. Mike Thomas I heard might be the true WR1 in Jac.

Mike Thomas I heard might be the true WR1 in Jac.

I hope so! B)

Dropped in my league for Nate Washington...

I hate Fantasy n00bs

indeed. that said, I'm waiting for a solid game and I'm likely going to shop him. dropping him is just silly.

+1

Agreed, he was one of the players I didnt even bother putting on my draft board. ADP was sky high for what he is and what his situation happens to be.

Agreed, he was one of the players I didnt even bother putting on my draft board. ADP was sky high for what he is and what his situation happens to be.

He'll sit on your roster and take up space...granted you'll get 2 good games outta him but good luck guessing which ones....let some one else carry him.

sims-walker isn't that great anyway

The guy's actually a pretty talented player. 6'2" receivers with his speed don't grow on trees, granted he is injury-prone. I don't own him myself, but any league where he gets dropped is probably lame as s**t anyway. He had one bad week, he'll have much better games when he's not being blanketed by Champ Bailey.