Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYSportsfan24

Strategy 12 team PPR league

In a PPR league where you have to start 3 wr & 1 TE what is your strategy on drafting a te? Do you draft an elite (Gates, Clark, V.Davis) in rounds 3-4 or wait it out unit the 8 round or later and select Winslow-Z.Miller-Cooley and load up on wr's early(round 3-4)?

Good question. I am in a 12-Team PPR league as well....1 QB, 3WR, 2 RB, 1RB

I am seriously considering going WR, WR, WR/TE....It all depends on where I am @ in the draft I suppose....If I'm in the top 4-5, I will take tIER 1 RB and go WR for the next few picks along with an Elite TE....

I went with this strategy last year and I won the League Championship

only early TE ill burn a pick on this yr is gates, bc i think he can top 1,200 and 12 td potentially without vjacks taking looks rivers will be hitting him all day. other than that you can count me in as targetting z miller and winslow big time and ifi miss both then chris cooley.

In a PPR league I think I will be waiting to draft a TE. Done some mocks and in 9th 10th rounds, Owen Daniels, Carlson, Cooley, Z Miller, V Shaincoe and sometimes Celek are still there.

I love Cooley and Miller late. Redskins TE last year did very well. I imagine Campbell will still be making those dump passes all year long. The Redskins are hurting at WR so even with Davis there, Cooley should be good.

If Daniels stayed healthy all year I think he would be in the Gates, Clark tier for this year. He was a complete monster last year before the injury. If its looks like he will be healthy Im targetting him, Cooley and Z Miller as my fall back and if I can fall back in a PPR to one of those 2 I think I will be in pretty good shape.

I just can't see taking Gates/Clark in the 4th with the depth at TE this year in the 9th/10th rounds.(12 team) I've seen a lot of "how does my team look" posts in the other section and all of the teams that took a 3rd-5th round TE just didnt look as strong.

Unfortunately I have the sandwich picks (12th in a 12 teamer and 10 th in a 10 teamer).

I believe gates is a good value after the mid 4th round. I will not spend my top 4th round pick on him in either draft but if the value is right and the WR's I want are not there for me in the 4th i might grab him.

The thing is there is so much value @ TE and since most league require only it is beneficial IMHO to wait for the Millers/Cooleys/Winslows of the world.

Just think about it....would you rather have a Gates and T.O/Mason type or a Steve Smit (car)/Z.Miller?

I guess its all dependent on who you like and where you are but I just think there is a big drop off in WR's after the top 20 or so and it makes sense to grab those guys as much as you can and wait for a TE later.

Just my 2 cents