Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Pierre Garcon Regular Season 2010

This dude is looking like a classic draft bust, with a total of 4 catches and probably the same amount of drops through 2 games.

I had high hopes for him and took him in the 8th round, and was prepared to ride this out a bit but now it appears he's going to be a scratch for week 3 due to a hamstring. I'm finding myself exploring waiver WR options already, sad to say.

Odd that this is the initial post on him for the 2010 season - I'd like to hear thoughts from other owners.

Just traded for him earlier this week; I wouldn't count on him as anything more than a WR3/4. The injury news doesn't help either.

Still think he can have value but looks like Collie is getting more looks out of the slot.

This dude is looking like a classic draft bust, with a total of 4 catches and probably the same amount of drops through 2 games.

I had high hopes for him and took him in the 8th round, and was prepared to ride this out a bit but now it appears he's going to be a scratch for week 3 due to a hamstring. I'm finding myself exploring waiver WR options already, sad to say.

Odd that this is the initial post on him for the 2010 season - I'd like to hear thoughts from other owners.

Very disappointing thus far, no doubt. I also was high on him coming into the season. I haven't been able to see him play very much this year so I'll reserve judgement, but with his bad hammy it appears that he won't have much of an impact for the first 4 weeks of the season......You have to figure that eventually they'll start bracketing Clark in the middle of the field leaving some deep bombs for Pierre if he could see the field. I'm not ready to cut bait just yet.....

Tell me about it..I have Garcon too and it sucks. Thought about flat out dropping him. There are plenty of WR3's on waiver. Gonna give him to week 5 to see if he ever does anything. Another guy thats killing me is Steve Smith (NYG). I hope Eli gets his act together.

He was awful against the Texans. He kept getting targets because the D was focusing on Wayne & Clark, and he did nothing with them. When you catch only 3 of 10 passes that Peyton Manning throws to you against the Texans secondary, you are not playing well.

Against the Giants, well, the Colts really didn't need to pass the ball much. (That, and the Giants generally seem to be putting Terrel Thomas + safety help on the opposing #1WR, with Corey Webster on the #2. Webster is pretty good.)

So, the optimistic read is that he had one bad game, and another game where the opposing defense's scheme dictated the Colts' strategy away from him. The pessimistic read is either that his awful performance in Houston has cost him the confidence of his QB & coaching staff, or that he just isn't that good to begin with.

Well - having a bad first couple of weeks happens - it's the seemingly constant injury situation that really kills his stock in my eyes. He was a regular on the injury list throughout the preseason and now he likely will be on the shelf this Sunday. The only way you can resurrect a bad start is to play your way out of it, and this seems to me the worst possible time to show up vs a beatable defense potentially missing its top 2 corners in streets...

I was really high on Garcon this yr going into the draft.......the guy that got'em just dropped him and i can't believe i'm not jumping on the chance to pick him up. Really thought he'd be the chit this yr.

Scratched.

Meanwhile the largely undrafted Collie will have a productive day instead...

Colts WR Pierre Garcon did not make the Colts' trip to Denver, and has been ruled out for Week 3.

With Garcon sidelined, expect Austin Collie to get the start opposite Reggie Wayne. Shutdown CB Champ Bailey is expected to shadow Wayne all day, so Peyton Manning could look Collie's way often in Denver, giving him WR2 value.Source: ESPN on Twitter Related: Austin Collie

Garcon has killed me so far this season. He did so well at the end of last year and in the playoffs! It's almost unbelievable how bad he has been. Collie has looked the real deal. Maybe later this season Garcon will heat up, but he is definitely not going to have the season well all hoped and thought he could.

In case anyone erroneously counts on cbs.com for their fantasy info - he's listed still as 'questionable' on this week's injury report released by the Colts - the same designation as Collie. CBS says he's "Probable"

I'm pretty hot about it because I made a move to re-acquire Garcon based on that designation I originally read - and here he is in the same designation as Collie.

According to all accounts, Garcon didn't miss a rep all week, while Collie's "limited participation" Friday was his first appearance in practice all week.

How they can both be considered "questionable" in those circumstances basically pisses me off.

In case anyone erroneously counts on cbs.com for their fantasy info - he's listed still as 'questionable' on this week's injury report released by the Colts - the same designation as Collie. CBS says he's "Probable"

I'm pretty hot about it because I made a move to re-acquire Garcon based on that designation I originally read - and here he is in the same designation as Collie.

According to all accounts, Garcon didn't miss a rep all week, while Collie's "limited participation" Friday was his first appearance in practice all week.

How they can both be considered "questionable" in those circumstances basically pisses me off.

The same way Addai has been listed as P/Q since the season started, but yet hasnt missed a game.

I just picked up Pierre as somebody dropped him. I owned a lot of Colts players last season so I watched a lot of Colts' games. This season I watched the Texans game and Garcon did drop a lot of balls... under crucial situations. However, based on what I saw last season I think he'll turn it around. I still see him as a WR3 with upside. I'll be very surprised if Collie overtakes him on the depth chart as Rotoworld is speculating. Garcon is still the fastest WR of the group, and when he was clicking with Peyton he looked real good last season. Give him a few more games to prove himself. I think he just had a bad game in week 1.

I just picked up Pierre as somebody dropped him. I owned a lot of Colts players last season so I watched a lot of Colts' games. This season I watched the Texans game and Garcon did drop a lot of balls... under crucial situations. However, based on what I saw last season I think he'll turn it around. I still see him as a WR3 with upside. I'll be very surprised if Collie overtakes him on the depth chart as Rotoworld is speculating. Garcon is still the fastest WR of the group, and when he was clicking with Peyton he looked real good last season. Give him a few more games to prove himself. I think he just had a bad game in week 1.

What he said ^^^. Garcon is the second best receiver on this team. Expect big games in the next few weeks.

BTW, despite dropping a few week one, he had a circus catch that was just ridiculous. One of the best catches of the year.

anyone have any updates on if Collie is going to play or not? Im probably starting Garcon either way, but I sure hope Collie sits.

Forget whatever Rotoworld's been posting. I'm watching the game right now, and Garcon has the exact same role as last season. Peyton just targeted him in the end zone although he wasn't able to convert. There's no reason to worry about whether Collie or Garcon is the starter as the Colts uses the Ace formation on pretty much all their offensive plays, so both of them will be on the field at the same time. Start Garcon confidently as you would have in the beginning of the season. I see him as a WR3 in 10/12-team leagues.

I think Garcon will be a fine WR2 for the rest of the year, but the guy has the worst hands on the team.

Any time they throw to him, the Colts have to be ready to run a quick play right afterwards so the refs don't review the catch. That must have happened 3 or 4 times yesterday.

he made some decent grabs too, peyton was just off yesterday. the chiefs D was pretty solid. that said, garcon was seeing a fair amount of targets. his value is probably high WR3 at best, with wayne and clark being there. if anything, he hurts collie's value big time.

almost drafted him over nicks (whew!)

luckily his owner got impatient, he was dropped, and i scooped him up. currently trying to trade him for a TE, but i think he'll have WR3 borderline WR2 value going forward

Consider Garcon a WR2 in standard 10-12 leagues. Peyton's looking his way more and more, and we know he's got speed (with stone hands though).

Consider Garcon a WR2 in standard 10-12 leagues. Peyton's looking his way more and more, and we know he's got speed (with stone hands though).

Nevermind the stone hands, the guy just made one of the most incredible one hand catches this season.

First of all, love the screenname, lol.

As a fellow Garcon owner, I would caution about calling him a WR2. Garcon is a beast, but Collie isn't going away. I'd label Garcon safely as a WR3 with WR2 upside. Even though Peyton shares the wealth, these individual receivers are more fruitful and less headache-inducing than, say, the Saints.

First of all, love the screenname, lol.

As a fellow Garcon owner, I would caution about calling him a WR2. Garcon is a beast, but Collie isn't going away. I'd label Garcon safely as a WR3 with WR2 upside. Even though Peyton shares the wealth, these individual receivers are more fruitful and less headache-inducing than, say, the Saints.

Dude.. its not as bad as the saints.. unlike Colston, at least the Wayne owners know he will most likely get his most of the time..

Dude.. its not as bad as the saints.. unlike Colston, at least the Wayne owners know he will most likely get his most of the time..

That was my point. Owning a Colts receiver is less headache inducing than owning a Saints receiver.