Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Pierre Garcon Regular Season 2010

People continue to drop him and I keep picking him up. I expect greatness going forward from him with all the injuries.

Peyton is on pace for a ridiculous 5000 yards and 34 TDs, and while he's not going to hit those numbers with Clark and Collie out, I still see him finishing with something like 4500-30. Wayne can only do so much, so Garcon should be in line for a bunch of monster games. It certainly helps that the Colts have a ton of potential shootouts looming (vs Texans, Eagles, Pats, Chargers, Titans, Cowboys)

I think Garcon and Wayne are both top-10 WRs this week against that atrocious Houston secondary.

I am starting both myself. Lets not forget Indy wants payback and the game is in Indy on MNF.

I think they combine for 30 fantasy pts.

Is garcon a must start considering his match up and the injuries to the colts?

Is garcon a must start considering his match up and the injuries to the colts?

Unless you have other elite options, I'd say yes, although I am considering Santana Moss over Garcon in a PPR league.

Hidden

Im really torn about it I have to choose from him/britt/mike wallace/colston for 2 spots.

Hidden
Im really torn about it I have to choose from him/britt/mike wallace/colston for 2 spots.

sounds easy to me. Britt and Wallace.

Although it is a bit worrisome that he didn't practice today.

Since its Monday game...lets just pretend today is wed. Ive got a trade offer out for garcon and this is making me a little hesitant..I'm trying to stay positive.

From ESPN: (he's listed as questionable)

Garcon (hamstring) did not practice Thursday, the ESPN 1070 am Indianapolis reports.

Spin: It's worrisome that he missed the first practice after Indy's bye, as that decreases the likelihood he's just getting a day of rest. Check to see if he practices the next two days, but this is about the last injury the Colts need with Dallas Clark and Austin Collie out.

lol wow I just traded Mike Wallace for this guy. Now he's injured? FML

Yeah but its ESPN though, so take it for what its worth. They can't do projections for sh*t either, and their rankings are always sub-par.

anyway back on topic...

hamstrings are such a tricky situation. they're just hard to diagnose/treat and can linger. still, i think he'll suit up and be effective enough to catch. his hands have been another issue but indy literally has no one else go fall on. if he suits up, i like this play. honestly, if garcon is questionable, manning should be on red alert. all his big playmakers will be gone. i would downgrade him hugely and that's saying something considering how good he is in both fantasy/real life.

Wayne is also listed as questionable with a hamstring injury.

I think the Colts gave Garcon and Wayne an extra day off to integrate White/Tamme/Gonzo into the offense.

I expect both to play and explode.

This was from the Indy Star yesterday afternoon.....The didn't seem to worried about Pierre's injury that much.....Seems like rest....

Third, the wide receiver position is rather depleted on paper with Pierre Garcon resting his hamstring (old injury) and Reggie Wayne going limited with a hamstring injury. The good news is Anthony Gonzalez practiced full, one more positive indication he will return from five games away due to a right high ankle sprain. I expect it to be Wayne and Garcon outside with rookie Blair White likely starting in the slot and Gonzo working his way into the mix.

they were just resting their players since they have so many injuries and it is a monday night game

wayne hardly ever practices on wed anymore it seems and yesterday was "wed" in the typical game week being that it is a monday night game

was just the same for garcon im sure ... meanwhile the young guys get some reps

now word at all of either of these guys having issues (both looked great last game, 2 weeks ago)

If he's fine and missed practice only to rest then why list him as questionable instead of probable?

Garcon (hamstring) was a full participant in Friday's practice, 1070 am Indianapolis reports.

Spin: It looks like he just got a day off on Thursday. He has a strong matchup against the 32nd-ranked pass defense of Houston and should see plenty of targets with Dallas Clark and Austin Collie out.

Fri, Oct 29

Got hurt after that catch, couldnt tell if he was in for the final kneel down play. Any word if it was bad

He was back after one play....looked like he jammed a finger...

garcon finished teh night with 11 targets to Wayne's 12

but led the team with 7 of 78 to Wayne's 4 of 38

i drafted thsi guy in nearly every one of my leagues and early on thought I had drafted the 2010 Anthony Gonzalez..but by the looks of things garcon will not be getting lost in the Manning shuffle down the line