Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ssmarsh

the "new" TQStats

I see TQS has finished their upgrading and when I went to check out my league, one of the features I used to use a lot wasn't there. I was looking for the "reports" section and it's suddenly absent. Have any other TQS users gone there lately and poked around? From the half hour I spent there tonight, it looks like the revisions are going to make things more difficult rather than easier. Thoughts?

I am the Commish for 3 leagues. We have used TQ Stats for several years now, and loved it. Not any more. I'm not happy that they made these changes after we renewed our leagues without notice. I have several "computer illiterate" managers, and these changes are just going to frustrate them. I can't see why TQ thinks that these changes are for the better. I know what I'm doing, and I can't figure it out. Also, why would they multiply all player salaries by 100(i.e. if Adrian Beltre is $24. in your league, he shows up as $2400.; that's craziness).

We're in our 8th season with TQS and I couldn't agree more. I've spent a little more time looking though the site and it's a nightmare. The following features of the old site, which IMO are integral to a smooth running league, are apparently gone:

1. printable reports

2. team to team PM system

3. log-in time tracker (great to have to weed out any inactive owners)

4. a place to post league rules

I agree that multiplying the salaries by 100 was stupid, but once we draft and enter the new team rosters, it shouldn't be a problem (I'll just put them back to two digits).

I've e-mailed them to express my displeasure at losing the features AND their waiting until two weeks before the season started to roll out the changes. Nothing like waiting until they got all our leagues to sign-p before screwing us. I've been very happy with their service, until now.

Other options that guys in our pool play with that are gone are projected standings, trade evaluator's etc. You can't reset your salaries. They are going to show for the year as multiplied by 100.

The new site so far is a joke. We did call them, and basically was told This is the new way, deal with it.. I hold out hope as I have noticed they keep adding features to it. I was glad to see the archived message board with 4 years of information on it. I really hope they give back the team to team message, log in times...

They are going to show for the year as multiplied by 100.

Not so sure about that. I already edited my team (I'm the Commish) to see if it would work and it did.

I actually sent them an email a couple of hours ago requesting our money back from the 3 pools I run. After the joke year(constant messed up stats) we had with our hockey pool, they are not my number 1 choice anymore. They used to have a tremendous package for good value.

Does anyone know how you go about putting in your pre-season rosters with player salary and contract info?

I haven't done it yet, our draft isn't until April 7th, but I think I know how. When you log in as the Commish, there is another drop down menu to choose from. Pick "commissioner tools" from that menu and there are links there to manipulate rosters (load rosters), contracts (what they now call notes) and salaries. I'm not sure if it's going to be easier or not, but one thing I see you can do now is add a bunch of players to a team at once instead of one at a time. At least that's an improvement.

I haven't done it yet, our draft isn't until April 7th, but I think I know how. When you log in as the Commish, there is another drop down menu to choose from. Pick "commissioner tools" from that menu and there are links there to manipulate rosters (load rosters), contracts (what they now call notes) and salaries. I'm not sure if it's going to be easier or not, but one thing I see you can do now is add a bunch of players to a team at once instead of one at a time. At least that's an improvement.

But can you add them including their contract status and salary??

Add me to the list of commisioners who hate the new site. TQStats used to be awesome. We had lots of custom programming in place and then they sent us an email about it a couple of months ago and it vanished. We figured out workarounds and were ready to move forward. The big problem now is that we use links to link reserved players to active players and kept track of it by using OF1, OF2, OF3, etc and P1, P2, P3 etc. Now, with the "improved site" they took that option away and you can only list an outfielder as OF. There is no longer any way to track links. This just stinks. Also, who in the world makes a major site "upgrade" 2 weeks before the season starts? Why not make the change in January so you can work out all of the kinks? Also, why doesn't the new site support decimal places for player contracts? how dumb are their developers anyways? It's just a matter of setting the datatype correctly in the database. Needless to say, we are now looking for a different site to host our league...

Add me to the list of commisioners who hate the new site. TQStats used to be awesome. We had lots of custom programming in place and then they sent us an email about it a couple of months ago and it vanished. We figured out workarounds and were ready to move forward. The big problem now is that we use links to link reserved players to active players and kept track of it by using OF1, OF2, OF3, etc and P1, P2, P3 etc. Now, with the "improved site" they took that option away and you can only list an outfielder as OF. There is no longer any way to track links. This just stinks. Also, who in the world makes a major site "upgrade" 2 weeks before the season starts? Why not make the change in January so you can work out all of the kinks? Also, why doesn't the new site support decimal places for player contracts? how dumb are their developers anyways? It's just a matter of setting the datatype correctly in the database. Needless to say, we are now looking for a different site to host our league...

I run 3 pools and have paid for all 3 leagues. I've asked for my money back, to go elsewhere, but figure we're cooked.

I run 3 pools and have paid for all 3 leagues. I've asked for my money back, to go elsewhere, but figure we're cooked.

I actually just got off the phone with one of their techs. Long story short they are still working on cleaning up some of the site but things like decimal places and differently labeled positions are gone for good. They said you could get your money back at any time if the person who paid for the site emails them.

Personally, I'm pushing my league to go to sportsline. They aren't perfect either, but they are a little more customizable.

Has anybody tried, or know of anyone who uses Rotowire Commish?

I haven't used their product in years. The nice thing about their site is that you can set up a league for free and pay later. That way you can see if it suits your league risk free

I haven't used their product in years. The nice thing about their site is that you can set up a league for free and pay later. That way you can see if it suits your league risk free

But it won't let you enter players on it until you pay.

But can you add them including their contract status and salary??

If you log in as the Commish, I believe you can.

The following features of the old site, which IMO are integral to a smooth running league, are apparently gone:

1. printable reports

2. team to team PM system

3. log-in time tracker (great to have to weed out any inactive owners)

4. a place to post league rules

Just got off the phone with TQS and items 2, 3 and 4 above are now back in and live. I put my two cents in on adding some kind of printable reports section, and was told they'd pass it along, but no promises. I'll call back in a few days on that one...
I agree that multiplying the salaries by 100 was stupid, but once we draft and enter the new team rosters, it shouldn't be a problem (I'll just put them back to two digits).

Not that it's an issue for me, but I was also told that they're working on making the 100 multiplier thing an option for the Commish to set. At least they're "fixing" things. Hopefully it will be back to what we were used to under the old system.

Add me to the list of long-time users, new system haters. Why they felt they needed to overhaul something that has been working for 10 years is beyond me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like trades are entered in separately from other transactions, and they go into effect immediately. What kind of crap is that? We do weekly transactions with the Commissioner entering everything in and that trade setup just doesn't fly. I talked to their joke called Customer Service who said that my league's rosters, previous messages and historical standings should be back up by the end of the week or so. Again, why do this now instead of in the fall after the season ended? Why do it at all?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like trades are entered in separately from other transactions, and they go into effect immediately. What kind of crap is that? We do weekly transactions with the Commissioner entering everything in and that trade setup just doesn't fly.

I noticed that too. The trade link says "Trades processed using this page will be completed immediately regardless of your league trade policy." We do weekly transactions as well so I guess all trades will now have to be entered on the first day of the new stat week.

I noticed that too. The trade link says "Trades processed using this page will be completed immediately regardless of your league trade policy." We do weekly transactions as well so I guess all trades will now have to be entered on the first day of the new stat week.

That doesn't make sense at all, but does changing things 2 weeks before the season starts either?

None of it makes sense, but Im happy more of the features were added, still looks like crap, but what else can we expect with no logic. They waited til they had our money for these changes..

I put in another call to TQStats to inquire about getting a refund (leagues have until May to do so) and found out that the printable report feature should be back in by opening day. The guy I spoke to was very helpful and it seems like they're trying to handle everyones requests. He also said the "toys" section from the old format will be back, just not by opening day. Stay tuned.

Personally, I'm pushing my league to go to sportsline. They aren't perfect either, but they are a little more customizable.

my friends and i use sportsline for football and baseball, and we are big fans. great resources, and they have prompt support. they even offered us cash back after some minor problems for their live scoring on football this year.

The "new" TQStats can not handle positions MI, CO, OF. The nice java commish tool is gone. The Toys with Inflation Calculator is gone just as many leagues are doing draft prep. The team report sorts players in alphabetical order and not position. The team page does not include stats and salary/contract information in the same place. Lots of things not to like here. As users of TQ since 1999 and rotisirrie baseball players for 20 years, we're extremely disappointed that they've gone from a nearly perfect stat service to something that is literally not workable. We're looking elsewhere...