Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Ron Franklin (ESPN broadcaster) fired

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/05/sports/n...05franklin.html

Sad news - he was one of my favorite college broadcasters. Awesome voice - had a "big game" element to him - and he did a lot of big games.

His "comments" aside there has to be more to this story - I'm guessing these two didn't like each other very much.

it just seems ridiculous you could get fired for that..i mean, seriously...fine him, suspend him, but fire him? please....

all because of a worthless sideline reporter...

the guy has been good for a long time- dont know how you can dismiss him after one mistake..

it just seems ridiculous you could get fired for that..i mean, seriously...fine him, suspend him, but fire him? please....

all because of a worthless sideline reporter...

the guy has been good for a long time- dont know how you can dismiss him after one mistake..

I like Franklin, he was the voice of Texas for a long time, but he had to be fired. It's corporate America, why don't you go into your next staff meeting and call your co-worker "sweet baby" in a condescending tone and see how long it takes for you to have fun conversation with HR and your things packed for you. It's the world we live in and it wasn't the first time for Franklin. He had been suspended a few years ago for a doing pretty much the same thing with Holly Rowe -- on air.

It's a shame, b/c I like Franklin's call of the game, although he had been slipping a tad in recent years. Supposedly Edwards is sort of known as a moron to most in the sports circles, so sucks to lose your job over such a person, but you can't go around throwing out sexist comments wherever you want, especially in any company owned by Disney......