Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Adam LaRoche 2011 Season Outlook

According to Ben Goessling of MASNSports.com, Adam LaRoche's two-year contract with the Nationals is believed to be "in the neighborhood" of $16 million.

This information hasn't been confirmed by the team, but it's pretty close to the number reported by Jen Royle of MASNSports.com last week. While the money isn't horrible B) , we have a hard time believing that LaRoche could have received a two-year offer anywhere else.Source: Ben Goessling on Twitter

LMAO. I'm used to ridiculous salaries but if that's the going rate for this trash I'd pass thanks.

I can't fathom $8M for this guy's "services". Not a terrible park but it's not as nice as ARI, where he underwhelmed.

The O's offered him a 3 year/22 mil contract and he stalled.

Thank god they got Derrek Lee for just 1 year instead of him.

The O's offered him a 3 year/22 mil contract and he stalled.

Thank god they got Derrek Lee for just 1 year instead of him.

Interesting, the Giants offered him a 3-year deal last year which he turned down or stalled on and went to AZ on a 1-year, Giants ended up getting Huff who had a great season for them on the cheap.

This really elmininates Morse as a potential 1B sleeper.

I had LaRoche as a low risk high reward kind of guy last year going into the middle of a high impact offense in an excellent ballpark and he did everything I wanted him to do. This year, not as high on him.

LMAO. I'm used to ridiculous salaries but if that's the going rate for this trash I'd pass thanks.

I can't fathom $8M for this guy's "services". Not a terrible park but it's not as nice as ARI, where he underwhelmed.

Little harsh for a guy who knocked in 100 last year.

Little harsh for a guy who knocked in 100 last year.

I imagined someone would bring that up but he could have knocked in 150 or more if he hadn't choked so frequently with runners on base. His 2nd-half surge never really happened - and his K's and average were death.

When does Laroche usually have his annual hot streak?

Is it June that he usually turns it on???

When does Laroche usually have his annual hot streak?

Is it June that he usually turns it on???

He's usually a pronounced second half player, but since he has a torn labrum, I wouldn't feel confident relying on his career splits.

He's usually a pronounced second half player, but since he has a torn labrum, I wouldn't feel confident relying on his career splits.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but the history of shoulder problems with power hitters is not great here. Worse yet, no one will ever admit how severe it is - sometimes it's something you can play through with a limited amount of power loss (see: A-Gonz last year), or sometimes it's a huge power drain (see: V-dub in TOR <can't remember year>, BJ Upton 2009). Always possible he'll be OK, but the safe play is to downgrade because of the shoulder.