Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob_P

TRADE FOR CALVIN?? HELP ME

We keep 8 guys.

Was offered this:

I receive: Calvin Johnson and James Jones

I send: Desean Jackson and Dez Bryant and a second round pick

My current keepers: Vick, McCoy, Charles, Beanie Wells, Desean, Jennings, Dez Bryant, Finley

Its a PPR league, you can keep guys as long as you want. On the fence...Its a lot to give up for Calvin but I am tempted.

I wouldn't accept this as a Calvin owner.

I like DJax but seems to get injuired alot (have him in 1 league)...boom or bust.

I really like Dez but how many balls can go around in Dallas?

Keep Calvin. he is a beast and the only WR Lions have.

DJAX is prone to injury and there are alot of options in Philly's offense. Also same goes for Dez as well.

Acually, in this trade, I would be acquiring Calvin.

He asked for Desean, Dez, and the 1.06 pick

for

Calvin, Ronnie Brown and a third round pick

I declined. I love Calvin but is he really that much better then Desean......Plus, I do think Dez has a chance to be the next Hakeem Nicks.

counter with djax, reggie and 1.6 for calvin

I tried...He isn't a Reggie fan...If I want Calvin, it will take that group of guys....My starting WRs would be Calvin, Jennings and Finley.....I love the first two and probably could get another decent #3 WR but its hard to give up Dez and Desean....both so young and talented. And yes, a little injury prone but so is Calvin

Acually, in this trade, I would be acquiring Calvin.

He asked for Desean, Dez, and the 1.06 pick

for

Calvin, Ronnie Brown and a third round pick

I declined. I love Calvin but is he really that much better then Desean......Plus, I do think Dez has a chance to be the next Hakeem Nicks.

I would go back to the 1st trade then in Desean Jackson and Dez Bryant and a second round pick for Calvin Johnson and James Jones

I would go back to the 1st trade then in Desean Jackson and Dez Bryant and a second round pick for Calvin Johnson and James Jones

Like too but not an option now...He wants first round pick instead now. Tempting but so much to give up for one guy. In reality, Calvin doesn't average that much more a game then Desean.

Like too but not an option now...He wants first round pick instead now. Tempting but so much to give up for one guy. In reality, Calvin doesn't average that much more a game then Desean.

agreed

So all this said. Would anyone give up d-jax, dez and 1.06 pick for.calvin if I got a second round pick back. Its a ppr league and we start 3 wrs. Love calvin and a lions fan so trying to talk myself into it. Does it make sense to do it? WHIR

Hang onto Megatron. that is a awful lot to be losing there.

We keep 8 guys.

Was offered this:

I receive: Calvin Johnson and James Jones

I send: Desean Jackson and Dez Bryant and a second round pick

My current keepers: Vick, McCoy, Charles, Beanie Wells, Desean, Jennings, Dez Bryant, Finley

Its a PPR league, you can keep guys as long as you want. On the fence...Its a lot to give up for Calvin but I am tempted.

In a dynasty league, I would think you want to acquire studs whenever possible right? It's a lot to give up though.... If you could keep all those players (minus the ones you are trading away), i would do it. The only hole in your lineup would be a WR3, and you could easily draft one of those in the first round or something. You are set at QB, RB, TE, and WR1/WR2. I know its a lot to give up but I might pull the trigger. Jackson is a hit-or-miss type player, Dez should be good but miles austin is still there.... i think he will breakout more in his 3rd year than next year. Try and keep one of those receivers or the 2nd round pick though first.

Hang onto Megatron. that is a awful lot to be losing there.

He DOESN'T HAVE Megatron.

First off, Jones is nice but not a huge part of this deal. It's essentially a 2-for-1. That said, I'd would much rather have Calvin than Desean. Imagine what Calvin will do if he ever gets a full season out of any QB.

However, Desean and Dez is more than enough to get him. Adding in the first round pick is robbery for the other guy. I wouldn't give that much.

Return the favor on MY Calvin question?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=214881

Thanks for noticing that I am NOT the one that owns Megatron. Here is what the deal has come down to:

I would get: Megatron, Deon Branch, James Starks and a second round pick

I would give: Desean, Dez, 1.06 pick

We keep 8 so my keepers would be: Vick, McCoy, Charles, Reggie Bush or Starks, Calvin, Jennings, Branch, Finley

So, one more try at this....DO I trade to get Calvin or hang on to Desean and Dez.

My big worry about all this is the fact I think Dez could turn into Hakeem Nicks.

dez will be good but miles austin and whitten are still there to steal catches, not gonna be like nicks, not next year at least.

So make the deal

Do I go get Calvin and a second and third round pick for Desean, Dez and the 1.06 pick

Thanks for noticing that I am NOT the one that owns Megatron. Here is what the deal has come down to:

I would get: Megatron, Deon Branch, James Starks and a second round pick

I would give: Desean, Dez, 1.06 pick

We keep 8 so my keepers would be: Vick, McCoy, Charles, Reggie Bush or Starks, Calvin, Jennings, Branch, Finley

So, one more try at this....DO I trade to get Calvin or hang on to Desean and Dez.

My big worry about all this is the fact I think Dez could turn into Hakeem Nicks.

First off, I wouldn't be keeping Reggie Bush under any condition. His only 16 game season was his rookie season five years ago. The ONLY given about his health is that he doesn't have any!

Starks is interesting, but don't get snowed by his Sunday performance. He has to do it over an extended period -- and Ryan Grant will be there come pre-season. Don't go thinking that the Pack have forgotten about him.

Personally, I think Dez is going to turn into Calvin, not Nicks. So I still, more or less, stand by my original assessment. If you think you want to do it, that's fine. But I think your two players are more than fair compensation without the picks thrown in. I do think Calvin + Jennings would be a heck of a 1-2 punch (as you can tell from MY post!).

Mega is a machine, but in a league where you can keep 8 I think I'm leaning towards hanging onto DeSean and Dez, pick not withstanding. The addition of the pick would make me hesitate even more, those 2 players straight up are more than fair. I'd hang tight, but go with your gut. Mega with Stafford all season has #1 WR written all over it. Plus with Best healthy next season, should pull a guy out of the box to keep D's honest. I own DJax as well, and he is borderline infuriating to own... 23 points...4 points... ugh, sometimes I wish I would have hung on to Maclin considering the ADP bargain.

I really like the Megatron and 2 round pick for Dez Bryant, D. Jackson and the 1.06 pick. As a Dez Bryant (and Megatron) owner I understand the difficulty of losing a potential super stud.

As I can see it there are three tie-brakers you haven't told about.

1) It is essentially a 2 for 2 trade because you get to keep an extra player from your squad. Who is your 9th best player?

2) Who do you predict will be available at 1.06 and which 2 round pick is it?.

3) How big is the size of your bench? By trading away a good player like Dez it might be easier too pull the trigger on a potential super stud (The next Hillis, S.Johnson & Vick )on the waiver-wire in the crucial 1st and 2nd week. That requires an honest assesment of your waiver-wire and research abilities.

All the best/

First off, really appreciate many of your posts....excellent information.

Basically I would end up keeping James Jones or Deon Branch? Don't love either, but intrigued by Jones potential...problem is, that would give me 3 packer receiving options.

At the 1.06 pick, there will be a rookie WR, likely WR drafted in first round...Or probably the 3rd best RB in draft.....Complete hit or miss but if ya hit, the 1.06 pick has yielded some great players in past drafts.

These negotiations continue to go on...I turned it down, then I re-offered it, then he turned it down and tweaked it. Anyway, where I am stuck is this.......Love Calvin, on the average, he will outscore D-Jax by maybe 3 or 4 points a week...maybe. Is that worth giving up Dez and a first round pick for??? I am worried about D-Jax health long term so its very tempting. \

So you are saying, getting Calvin and a second for Dez, Desean, and 1.06 pick is something you would do under these circumstances.

I believe Calvin Johnson is a top-2 keeper reciever only rivaled by Andre Johnson. Both DeSean and Dez Bryant have top 5 potential, but I would rather have a young and proven psychical FREAK with Stafford as QB.

Except if you by a rookie reciever mean A.J. Green then I would hesitate!

If I have the possibility to convert two top 10 recievers to one of the best of the league I would gladly accept. But that solely depends on trade strategy - if you seldom make trades then it can be a huge gap to fill.

In my experience top 3 recievers are hugely expensive while top 20 recievers (Rice, V. Jax, B. Marshall, Welker, Maclin, Harvin, etc.) are fairly accesible.

I would take the deal, keep Jones and attempt to make a package deal with Branch, Jones and/or Wells for a top 20 reciever.

Yeah, I agree with your thoughts and I trade a ton...I might be able to package some picks and Branch to get a better WR....I have a team that could win it next year...Calvin could help...the scary part is, if he gets dinged up and misses time, I would have no depth after this trade and it could backfire.