Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Do most leagues have benches?

I been in fantasy basketball for my 2nd year and my league is a 14 manager league with 14 roster. It is daily line up with a 4 player bench. Just curious if most leagues out there uses benches? I see some pros and cons in having a bench. I just notice next week, i have 4 days where i have all 14 players playing and my opp. has a better schedule that is spread out allowing him to have more players playing. The pro i see of having a bench is that if your team has injuries then its easier to hide that. A con of having a bench is that we have a few scrubs in our league who forget to set there daily roster so sometime they have players sitting on the bench who are not playing. I was thinking of asking the commish to change it so that all players daily play but it probably won't fly since its mid season already.

I have never seen a league that didnt have a bench

Just a guess, but i assume 95% of leagues play with bench spots.

It's true that it sometimes causes uneven "games played" per week, but in the end, it all evens out.

Last week i had a bunch more players go for me compared to my opponent. This week, i think my opponent has like 12 more games played than me!

Overall, i think bench spots are needed for all leagues.

my buddy was in a league last year where they didnt have to manage daily and every single player on the roster played. Most weeks it doesn't bother me much except like next week where you got MWFS with tons of games playing and you have to bench 4 guys each day.

Benches are pretty much a necessity, unless you play in most shallow leagues. You need some protection and variety on the roster.

im playing in a league this year with no bench. 10 team h2h with 13 roster spots.

at first i hated it and thought it was completely stupid... and although i'm currently out of the playoffs due to a lot of injuries, for some reason i don't really mind not having any bench spots. it's just one more thing you don't have to worry about. and everyone is in the same boat so it's not like it's a disadvatange.

so of course if you hold onto an injured player or "stash" another for whatever reason, it can definitely hurt your team.

I have never seen a league that didnt have a bench

+1

and standard is 4. But you can do 5 in 10-teamers or less.