Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Tempting Trade Offer - Kemp+Latos for my Craw+Price

Trying to figure out what he's trying to accomplish here.

The best I can come up with is Latos's health risk. He's sacrificing power and the way Kemp is stealing he may just break even in SBs.

I'm leaning against the trade precisely because I trust Price's health more - that's the big risk here that I can see.

Crawford's slow start doesn't faze me - on the other hand I'm becoming a believer in Kemp's hot start.

Any opinions? League settings in sig below - this is a QS league...

Probably a huge Tampa fan and wants to hang onto the memory of Crawford for as long as he can...? That's all I can think of... But I'd definitely do it, Kemp will keep it up the whole year and while Latos' health is certainly a topic of controversy, I think it's worth it since Kemp is in the deal. Definitely accept.

I would make this trade. I like Kemp over Crawford and Latos over Price. The only question is Latos' health, and he was hitting 97 in his last start, so it's seems he's over the problem.

I realize that Kemp is red hot and Crawford's getting benched - but the pitchers being exchanged (Latos for Price) is what's hanging me up. Crawford isn't going to play like this all year. I had Latos pegged as an "avoid" in the draft - not sure it's a good idea to swap Price for him. Any opinions on that?

I'm a big fan of Kemp this year...so I would lean towards accepting, but Latos v Price is tough. I guess it's personal preference, but I think I'd make this trade.

i love this trade. NL pitcher vs. AL East pitcher, advantage Latos. and the difference between Kemp and Crawford, well, there really isn't any. take it!

I actually would not do it. Crawford will have a better season than Kemp from this point forward. Latos's shoulder issues are a concern to me, and Price did just fine in the AL East last season. It's a pretty fair deal, though. Just take your favorite players.

I think it's a great upgrade in pitching, and the QS thing more than makes up for the fact that Latos may not get as much run support from the Padres. I say accept.

FTR I accepted the trade. I have some reservations but the bottom line is I do believe in Kemp's resurgence. Thanks for the replies.