Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yoda

Bat Speed

Does anyone know if they keep track of this anywhere?

Great question, it'd be really interesting to know, wish I knew..

I dont know either, but i bet this guy is near the top.....

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/ext/video.jsp?mlb...intId=wooty4980

That's why I wanted to know. I was thinking about how hard he hit the ball out yesterday and the speed that must have been generated with only a 3/4 swing.

I read that Pujols is pretty slow but stays on the plane so much longer than an average hitter.

That's why I wanted to know. I was thinking about how hard he hit the ball out yesterday and the speed that must have been generated with only a 3/4 swing.

I read that Pujols is pretty slow but stays on the plane so much longer than an average hitter.

I remember watching some show on the discovery channel last year about professional athletes being able to be able to do things that were beyond the realm of normal human function.....they profiled Albert Pujols bat speed for a portion of it......i believe it was twice as fast as a normal person....

anyways, the homerun from stanton i wanted to show was yesterdays.....unbelievable bat speed......whats going to happen when he actually gets a better eye??

I remember watching some show on the discovery channel last year about professional athletes being able to be able to do things that were beyond the realm of normal human function.....they profiled Albert Pujols bat speed for a portion of it......i believe it was twice as fast as a normal person....

anyways, the homerun from stanton i wanted to show was yesterdays.....unbelievable bat speed......whats going to happen when he actually gets a better eye??

Well of course Pujols would be twice as fast or more than an average person. I was talking in comparison to other elite players, he generates something like 70 vs 100+ mph.

But yeah, if Stanton could stop swinging at junk he could be scary. Then again you can say that about a lot of players.

this one....

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=14756673

Upton has two of top 4 longest distance HR's this year. The first one almost killed the people waiting in line for food.:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13723163

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13899347

lol, this is going to turn into a good thread......

thats another guy thats gonna be SCARY

Ha, announcer is great in that one.. "ohhh OHHO".. Absolute Laser Beam. I would think the faster bat speeds would be with the younger guys like Stanton, but Pujols has to have the one of the fastest if not the fastest.

Justin has 3 of top 12 longest hit this year. Check out Zambrano's reaction.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=14291329

Haahahaha....Zambrano is such a meatball....im suprised he didnt slam his glove to the ground and have a hissy fit.....

Anyways, yeeeeesh.....it looked like Upton hit that with an aluminum bat.....reminded me of those moonshots Harper blasted in Tampa a year or two ago

Haahahaha....Zambrano is such a meatball....im suprised he didnt slam his glove to the ground and have a hissy fit.....

Anyways, yeeeeesh.....it looked like Upton hit that with an aluminum bat.....reminded me of those moonshots Harper blasted in Tampa a year or two ago

You mean this one?

You mean this one?

EXACTLY......tell me that kid wasnt/isnt juicing......17 and all swole like that....surrrrre

Here are a couple interesting links:

Bat Speed, Batted Ball Speed

(This link also talks about how Pujols having a slower than average bat speed is a myth)

HitTracker: Ball off Bat Speed

(2011 Top Home Runs, Speed Off Bat - Full List)

Thanks for the link. I couldn't find it on hittracker for some reason.

The Prince's Bomb today sure was nice too.. But besides the HR hitters, (Upton, Pujols, Hamilton Etc.), could a guy like Starlin Castro have a faster bat speed? Ichiro maybe?

The Prince's Bomb today sure was nice too.. But besides the HR hitters, (Upton, Pujols, Hamilton Etc.), could a guy like Starlin Castro have a faster bat speed? Ichiro maybe?

Robinson Cano probably falls into that category, although he's a pretty good HR hitter now, but he's always had elite bat speed.

Though he is retired, I always thought Sheffield had the fastest bat in the league.

I was actually just about to say that lol.