Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 25, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, May 25, 2013 - No reason given

Quick trading question concerning Taveras. Do you think he is more or less valuable than Profar? I was thinking of doing my Profar for Taveras straight up. I guess I could have made a topic about this, but I figured you guys are the Taveras experts.

Bench coach thread, is your solution, my friend.

Yes it is. Having said that. I'd keep Taveras. SS is shallow position, but Taveras excites me more.

Quick trading question concerning Taveras. Do you think he is more or less valuable than Profar? I was thinking of doing my Profar for Taveras straight up. I guess I could have made a topic about this, but I figured you guys are the Taveras experts.

Bench coach thread, is your solution, my friend.

I just thought I would ask the people that actually know and follow Taveras. My apologies.

Used to be fine to ask those types of questions here when it only involved minor leaguers...it was when people started adding major league names to their deals that the bench coach police would come out...I guess things change. That being said, I think it's a matter of need/preference. Profar is likely to provide solid production from a MI slot, but I think Taveras has significantly more offensive upside. If you need to shore up a MI slot, go Profar. If you just want the best hitter, go Taveras.

Edit: I also think this is a valid question for this particular thread, because it is one of those million dollar questions that is really relevant for a lot of posters/readers here. It is essentially asking who is the best prospect. I think many people gain from this discussion line.

First they said mid-week, now they said Sunday. He did not play today. WTH is going on with OT?

Just relax. We already got the best news that it wasn't a severe injury. Let him take whatever time he needs to come back completely healthy. The parent club doesn't really have a need for him right now as it is.

#Cardinals prospect Oscar Taveras is not back in Class AAA lineup as ankle soreness persists, confounds ...

So, his sprained ankle is taking a bit longer to heal....not a big deal. It's not going to affect his progression, it's not a long term injury, and there is nowhere for him to play now anyway. he'll be back healthy and raking in no time

Cardinals | Oscar Taveras still out

St. Louis Cardinals OF Oscar Taveras (ankle) is still out of the lineup at Triple-A Memphis with continued soreness in his ankle. He's still taking batting practice and working in the field, but the earliest he can return is Friday, May 31.

2013-05-28 06:45:32 | Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Derrick Goold

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=854857-cardinals-oscar-taveras-still-out#ixzz2UbrYQIcG

Unless you're concerned about this being a very long term injury, it has no effect on your fantasy team. He's not getting called up for awhile regardless of the injury.

...and onto the DL he goes. It is bad news as this rest doesn't seem to be helping him. This is going to seriously affect his ability to be called up at some point this year, showcasing his capabilities...thereby affecting his tradeability (fantasy-wise).

Carlos Beltran or someone else is bound to go down to injury now.....probably this week.

RAWR this is so frustrating I drafted this man haha. How long can we assume him to be out for? Is he still a for sure call up this year?

...and onto the DL he goes. It is bad news as this rest doesn't seem to be helping him. This is going to seriously affect his ability to be called up at some point this year, showcasing his capabilities...thereby affecting his tradeability (fantasy-wise).

Carlos Beltran or someone else is bound to go down to injury now.....probably this week.

How exactly is this going to change his ability to be called up later in the year? cards had no need to rush him. Now, they can easily push his debut back past the super 2 deadline with no worries. there's no need for him at the big league level right now, and he's already proven time and again what he can do. this kid is a special player, everyone sees that, and everyone knows that. so it'll take him an extra month to make the big leagues....what does it matter?

well that would mean one month less of production.

not saying it's going to effect his career but he'll be slightly less able to help one out in fantasy leagues this year.

well that would mean one month less of production.

not saying it's going to effect his career but he'll be slightly less able to help one out in fantasy leagues this year.

And, in the midst of trading for fantasy playoffs, his value is diminished, as is Bundy's. That's my gripe. I'm basically just venting about the injury.

Well, is the Minor League DL the same as MLB? 15 day DL, retroactive to when he went down? So basically he could come off that DL almost now and play if he could physically do it?

Well, is the Minor League DL the same as MLB? 15 day DL, retroactive to when he went down? So basically he could come off that DL almost now and play if he could physically do it?

don't the minor leagues have a 7 day dl?

don't the minor leagues have a 7 day dl?

I asked you first.

The Cardinals reclassified outfield prospectOscar Taveras' injury as a high-ankle sprain, which is more severe than the team originally thought, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Taveras, who hasn't played for Triple-A Memphis since May 12, has had his on-field actions reduced to allow him more time to heal.

Michael Hurcomb

CBSSports.com

Jun 05, 2013 9:10 AM ET

With Jon Jay playing so poorly at the plate, I wish Oscar were healthy. Maybe once he's back to full health and Super 2 passes the Red Birds will actually promote him.

Between him and Yelich going down, that's two big time guys we won't see until the end of June at the earliest when I was hoping for early June

Between him and Yelich going down, that's two big time guys we won't see until the end of June at the earliest when I was hoping for early June

We will not see Taveras that early unless an injury happens. Even Matt Adams deserves to play.

He's back!! This makes me happy, as Beltran's balkiness is a-creepin'.

1-4 in first game back with a double. Not bad. Now, who makes way for this stud? Beltran or Jay? Jay is crapola at the plate, and Beltran is made of glass just waiting to break any day now.