Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

1-4 in first game back with a double. Not bad. Now, who makes way for this stud? Beltran or Jay? Jay is crapola at the plate, and Beltran is made of glass just waiting to break any day now.

Hopefully both. If it's just one, Adams may get a shot before Taveras.

this kid gonna get the call this year?

yep. I would imagine so. They want him as a starter next year and would like to get at least a cup of coffee first.

1-4 in first game back with a double. Not bad. Now, who makes way for this stud? Beltran or Jay? Jay is crapola at the plate, and Beltran is made of glass just waiting to break any day now.

I agree...if Beltran goes down, then Craig moves to right and Adams plays first. But if Jay gets hurt then they might just slide Robinson there. I just don't see Taveras having a big impact at all this season unless there is a long term injury to one of the OFers.

I agree...if Beltran goes down, then Craig moves to right and Adams plays first. But if Jay gets hurt then they might just slide Robinson there. I just don't see Taveras having a big impact at all this season unless there is a long term injury to one of the OFers.

Screw that. I've been holding this guy all year in my keeper league...he'd better get the call as has been said and get regular at bats.

Screw that. I've been holding this guy all year in my keeper league...he'd better get the call as has been said and get regular at bats.

You and me both brother. We had 7 keepers...two of mine were Oscar and Billy Hamilton....I'm down to just Oscar now.

You and me both brother. We had 7 keepers...two of mine were Oscar and Billy Hamilton....I'm down to just Oscar now.

This guy can just rake, I can't wait to see him called up. Once he does I don't think he goes back down.

With Jay struggling, and them continuing to play Taveras in CF in the minors, you have to think they're grooming him to take that spot, at least in the short term.

If that's the case, I don't know why they'd wait much past July 1 if Taveras proves he's healthy. He's clearly ready to hit.

I do believe if Beltran went down, that Adams would get the call at 1B and Craig would move to RF, but IMO Jay is a 4th OF long-term, or trade bait.

How sick are the Cardinals though? Loaded this year, and next year could roll out the following lineup:

Furcal/OTHER SS

Carpenter - 2B

Craig - RF

Holiday - LF

Taveras - CF

Adams - 1B

Molina - C

Freese - 3B

With Jay struggling, and them continuing to play Taveras in CF in the minors, you have to think they're grooming him to take that spot, at least in the short term.

If that's the case, I don't know why they'd wait much past July 1 if Taveras proves he's healthy. He's clearly ready to hit.

I do believe if Beltran went down, that Adams would get the call at 1B and Craig would move to RF, but IMO Jay is a 4th OF long-term, or trade bait.

How sick are the Cardinals though? Loaded this year, and next year could roll out the following lineup:

Furcal/OTHER SS

Carpenter - 2B

Craig - RF

Holiday - LF

Taveras - CF

Adams - 1B

Molina - C

Freese - 3B

Don't forget Kolten Wong. He's the real deal too.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, June 11, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, June 11, 2013 - No reason given

So are folks stashing Taveras now? In weekly acquisition FAAB leagues, is this the time to move?

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, June 11, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, June 11, 2013 - No reason given

I stashed him since last August...he's worth the roster spot.

Furcal/OTHER SS

Carpenter - 2B

Craig - RF

Holiday - LF

Taveras - CF

Adams - 1B

Molina - C

Freese - 3B

With the following rotation:

Waino

Miller

Lynn

Wacha

Garcia/C-Mart/Carp?

Ridiculous. Not gonna lie, we've been spoiled lately.

Nice day yesterday in one of the games....2-3 2 runs 2B and 2 RBI.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, June 15, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, June 15, 2013 - No reason given

Trying to acquire him in my 16 team dynasty head to head points league. Is this guy as good as advertised?

What player would you guys compare him to?

For a frame of reference I am in rebuild mode, and the guy wants Reyes so I am trying to get a second player out of him. Is the 1-1 fair?

Thanks for the help.

Trying to acquire him in my 16 team dynasty head to head points league. Is this guy as good as advertised?

For a frame of reference I am in rebuild mode, and the guy wants Reyes so I am trying to get a second player out of him. Is the 1-1 fair?

Thanks for the help.

I think the most frequent comparison I see is to Vladimir Guerrero. Doesn't walk a lot, but makes great contact and doesn't K much. Tall and lanky frame that's still developing power. Has the wheels for double-digit steals.

I drafted him this year in a 14-team, 7-keeper league, and I'm hoping he makes my cut.

Thanks for the help.

I think the most frequent comparison I see is to Vladimir Guerrero. Doesn't walk a lot, but makes great contact and doesn't K much. Tall and lanky frame that's still developing power. Has the wheels for double-digit steals.

I drafted him this year in a 14-team, 7-keeper league, and I'm hoping he makes my cut.

He'd better make your cut...you will thank yourself in the long run trust me. Every player that talks about him say he's the best the have played with at any level.

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Bateman, June 13, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Patrick Bateman, June 13, 2013 - No reason given

Would you guys trade Reyes for him though in this dynasty as my team rebuilds?

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, June 13, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, June 13, 2013 - No reason given

Would you trade Reyes for him in a dynasty rebuild?

hell yea i would

Would you trade Reyes for him in a dynasty rebuild?

Easily. If the manager who owns Taveras would do that, you jump on that right now

Thanks for the help.

He'd better make your cut...you will thank yourself in the long run trust me. Every player that talks about him say he's the best the have played with at any level.

If that's true than why isn't he the clear cut #1 prospect?

Thanks for the help.

Because there are guys like Bogaerts, Buxton, Sano, Myers, etc. that are also very good.

Thanks for the help.

Don't ask. Just keep him and thank me later!

Whether or not he's a sure-fire keeper really depends on league context. While he likely has a very successful career ahead of him, his 2013 impact could be very minimal.

Whether or not he's a sure-fire keeper really depends on league context. While he likely has a very successful career ahead of him, his 2013 impact could be very minimal.

But if we're talking keepers, then he's kept for next year which is looking like for sure his first full big league season.

Also, I thought i read somewhere that prospect rankings were updated and Taveras was now #1. Profar to #2.