Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

3-4 last night with RBI....against a lefty! Booya!

Box score doesn't tell the whole story either... Watched him in person last night, and he just barrels the ball all the time. Taveras' double (in the 6th or 7th) was an opposite field fly/liner that he clearly didn't get all of, but the ball just kept carrying and bounced off the very top of the wall almost straight in the air. Taveras was in his HR trot after rounding first, thinking it was out. Most fans did too, but the Round Rock OF picked it up and threw it in, and the umps held him at second.

Looked like an opposite field HR to me, and again, he didn't even make great contact. Just a really quick bat and a crazy ability to make solid contact. He's going to be special.

Oooohh boy...I hope so! I haven't been letting him ride the pine on my 8 man keeper league all year fer nuttin'!

Box score doesn't tell the whole story either... Watched him in person last night, and he just barrels the ball all the time. Taveras' double (in the 6th or 7th) was an opposite field fly/liner that he clearly didn't get all of, but the ball just kept carrying and bounced off the very top of the wall almost straight in the air. Taveras was in his HR trot after rounding first, thinking it was out. Most fans did too, but the Round Rock OF picked it up and threw it in, and the umps held him at second.

Looked like an opposite field HR to me, and again, he didn't even make great contact. Just a really quick bat and a crazy ability to make solid contact. He's going to be special.

Daaayyyuuummm. So in your ocular opinion would suggest he would be an upgrade to what the Cards currently trot out to center field right now?

Daaayyyuuummm. So in your ocular opinion would suggest he would be an upgrade to what the Cards currently trot out to center field right now?

Ha, of course he would be, I think as soon as his ankle's 100% there's a pretty good shot he replaces Jay.

Ha, of course he would be, I think as soon as his ankle's 100% there's a pretty good shot he replaces Jay.

Jay sucks donkey at the plate. Taveras should be up there to show that scrub how it's done in no time.

Jay benched today. Rotoworld speculates that Tavares watch in effect

Maybe sometime next week?

Jay had bases loaded last night tied at 4 and grounded out weakly...they were probably wondering what may have been the outcome if Taveras was batting.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, June 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, June 23, 2013 - No reason given

In my 12 team home league which is very competitive I made the speculative add as I am currently comfortably in 1st place.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, June 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, June 23, 2013 - No reason given

Just picked him up and hope for a Taveras call up soon!

Could something be happening?

Joe Strauss@JoeStrauss51s

Taveras is out of game.

I hope it's not the ankle again...

According to Joe Strauss he reaggervated his ankle

:( Hope it's not too serious and just a day to day type of thing.

Goddammit why is it always the stars that get hurt....why can't this be some loser fringe player no one cares about.....ARGGGGHHHH!

On the bright side: Martinez 7IP 2H 0ER 0BB 7K

Memphis leads 6-0. Should hold on for the win.

Could just be pre-cautionary for Oscar.

He aggravated it on a trot around the bases when a teammate homered...slammed his helmet. Don't like the sound of this.

He aggravated it on a trot around the bases when a teammate homered...slammed his helmet. Don't like the sound of this.

awwwww comeee onn

What a horrible way to end the worst fantasy baseball week in my 20 years playing.

How hard wast his guy running to aggravate his ankle trotting the bases on a team mates HR? Was he hauling a**? For the love of Pete please let this not be bad.

"Lingering soreness in the ankle" based on the RW blurb. Looks like he'll get another period of rest. At this point maybe we are looking at a September call up :(

Taveras owners can now unite with McFadden owners and form the "high ankle sprain support group forum"