Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

In every league I am in people think he is 10x worse than Cameron Maybin so thats where I got that from.

He is the perfect person to buy right now in a deep keeper league.

And why is that? Its not like youre buying low on him, he is still a top 3-5 prospect.

In a dyanasty his value doesnt change to much but a 12-20 team league with 6-8 keepers he is off most people radars.

He is the perfect person to buy right now in a deep keeper league.

And why is that? Its not like youre buying low on him, he is still a top 3-5 prospect.

I'm in a 10 team 8 keeper league and I have held him all year. I'm not dropping him.

cant find the tweet but the cards beat writer, Jennifer Langosch stated that it'd be about 10 more days til he's back on the field

cant find the tweet but the cards beat writer, Jennifer Langosch stated that it'd be about 10 more days til he's back on the field

Was this 10 days ago, cause 10 days ago they said the same thing.

I'm not even sure we see him in Sept. Only reason we could will be when the minor league season ends but they will want to make sure he is fully healthy

Rotoworld just posted this update:

"Cardinals top prospect Oscar Taveras (ankle) is "about ready" to begin playing in rehab games.

That's the word from Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, who spoke this past weekend to Cardinals GM John Mozeliak. Taveras has been battling a high ankle sprain for a couple of months now. If he can get healthy and back on track offensively, he is almost certain to be called up to the major league level in September."

If he can start playing games within the next few days then I definitely think we see him up in September.

Rotoworld just posted this update:

"Cardinals top prospect Oscar Taveras (ankle) is "about ready" to begin playing in rehab games.

That's the word from Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, who spoke this past weekend to Cardinals GM John Mozeliak. Taveras has been battling a high ankle sprain for a couple of months now. If he can get healthy and back on track offensively, he is almost certain to be called up to the major league level in September."

If he can start playing games within the next few days then I definitely think we see him up in September.

But will he really have value? I'm not sure if they will give him everday at bats unless they are sure he is healthy.

Asked whether or not Taveras will join the Cardinals in September, Mozeliak said, “Answering that question isn’t going to do anybody any good right now. We’re not going to bring up an injured player.

"I’ll say this: ‘If healthy, yes' " he will be in St. Louis in September.

WOW.....so he is coming up.

I think it still depends on if he is healthy like Mozeliak said. If he plays well in the next week or so, then I think he is worth the add because he will be called up.

Holliday/Beltran are probably playing a bit hurt. I'm pretty sure Taveras will get healthy by September if he's about to play some rehab games right now.

This is only going to make then even more likely to re-sign Beltran IMO.

Not great for Oscar.

I feel like he'll start in the minors again, maybe come up and be a 4th OF, get the Matt Adams treatment. I don't know...

My Oscar expectations are getting less and less

Yeah this isn't good. He probably wont even start next year with the team now.

Is he still a keeper under any scenario? Deep league? High number of keeper slots?

I still think he starts with STL next year. If not, he will certainly be up very soon. Not much more for him to prove. He would have started in STL this year had they not had a logjam in the OF.

Is he still a keeper under any scenario? Deep league? High number of keeper slots?

I still think he starts with STL next year. If not, he will certainly be up very soon. Not much more for him to prove. He would have started in STL this year had they not had a logjam in the OF.

I think the picture will become much clearer when they make a decision on re-signing Beltran.

Edit: On second thought, even if they do resign Beltran, you'd have to think he replaces Jay.

I think the picture will become much clearer when they make a decision on re-signing Beltran.

Edit: On second thought, even if they do resign Beltran, you'd have to think he replaces Jay.

The decision on Beltran will impact Adams mostly. If he resigns, Adams is pushed into a reserve role again or is used in a trade to get the SS that they desperately need. Taveras will get his chance when the Cardinals decide to push Jay back to the role he's more suited for, a 4th OF that can fill in at any OF spot.