Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

Assuming the Pirates and Cards don't care about Super 2, anyone think if Polanco gets the call soon then Taveras would soon follow? The teams are in the same division...

Polanco's call up will have no bearing on whether Taveras gets the call or not. With that said, a healthy Taveras is likely to get the call by mid-June, possibly earlier.

Interesting. The pitcher is a righty. He wasn't injured yesterday. Would've expected him in the lineup.

Interesting. The pitcher is a righty. He wasn't injured yesterday. Would've expected him in the lineup.

I've read he can hit lefties and righties just fine so I don't know why that would matter.

I've read he can hit lefties and righties just fine so I don't know why that would matter.

Could be just rest due to recent injury.

Cardinals run totals in the last 9 games:

1, 4, 2, 0, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1

3-6 in those games. Definitely helps Oscar's chances at an early call-up.

Out of line up? Possible call up?

Do we know why he wasn't in the lineup? Just a rest day?

I'm assuming if he was going to be called up he would have been by now if that was the reason e would out of the lineup. Im assuming it was just a rest day

I'm assuming if he was going to be called up he would have been by now if that was the reason e would out of the lineup. Im assuming it was just a rest day

agreed. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any injury news.

Just a rest day. He is back in the lineup today starting in LF.

Mrfrood Unlikes this post.

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Bateman, April 27, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Patrick Bateman, April 27, 2014 - No reason given

So the recent RW blurb about him suggests that now may be the time to stash him. He's actually available in my league (12 team redraft) but my team has been horrible so far this season. I'll be honest and admit I don't know much about him but he's been a pretty hyped prospect from what I've seen. Should I add him now and gamble or keep riding guys on hot streaks like Colabello? Sorry if wrong board but him not being called up yet I'm not sure which one to ask this.

2 for 3 so far today and just hit home run number 4 on the season. Yes stash.

He could seriously be up any day. Even the one out he had today he hit that ball hard. Cards are struggling to get runs in right now and he would be a huge boost.

EDIT: @B_Walton 6m

#stlcards OF prospect Oscar Taveras has an 11-game hitting streak. Batting .375 over last 17 games.

hes not getting the call without an injury to someone in the outfield

There are certain prospects that don't get called up unless there is a need and then there are guys like Taveras, Baez, Polanco, Springer, ect. who are too good not to make room for. Don't let last year fool you, Taveras has the potential to step up and make a huge impact. He has the range to play center and could easily overtake Jay/Bourjos any day now.

if he can play CF he will be up shortly. but I imagine that is the key, whether he can play CF all the time.

even if he does get called up, would they call him up and have him sit say every other day basically splitting time with Jay for starts, but still getting action with either pinch hitting or pinch running?