Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

.321 avg, 15 runs, 15 RBI, 5 homers, for the season and only 2 strikeouts in the last 10 games. I think he's got nothing left to learn playing with minor league kids. Just wishing there was an injury or some reason the Cardinals would call him up here pretty shortly.

All Tavares can do is exactly what he's doing....and that's keep hitting. If he does that, the Cards are going to have to make a move sooner or later. In the meantime, they're going to evaluate him more on how he handles the rigors of CF. If he comes out of the next couple of weeks no worse for the wear....we may see him relatively soon.

Patience.

.321 avg, 15 runs, 15 RBI, 5 homers, for the season and only 2 strikeouts in the last 10 games. I think he's got nothing left to learn playing with minor league kids. Just wishing there was an injury or some reason the Cardinals would call him up here pretty shortly.

Gotta love "wish for an injury fantasy guy." Would be great if Jon Jay tore up every ligament in his knee running the bases and if Bourjas broke his wrist sliding head first on a steal attempt that it requires season ending wrist surgery. One can hope I guess. Perspective gentelmen. I'd be shocked if OT isn't up by mid May. I think the Cards just want to get him a few more games at CF and if all goes well he'll be up within two weeks.

Gotta love "wish for an injury fantasy guy." Would be great if Jon Jay tore up every ligament in his knee running the bases and if Bourjas broke his wrist sliding head first on a steal attempt that it requires season ending wrist surgery. One can hope I guess. Perspective gentelmen. I'd be shocked if OT isn't up by mid May. I think the Cards just want to get him a few more games at CF and if all goes well he'll be up within two weeks.

Why so serious?

Why so serious?

Because you know people can't have a sense of humor. I do agree with him I think it is a matter of a few more weeks unless all of a sudden the Cardinal's offense gets hot, and most importantly if Taveras himself can stay healthy.

If they're going to give him a couple weeks in center to make sure he's ready defensively/health wise, wouldn't it then be getting pretty close to super-2? If they're going to wait that long, why not hold off a bit longer to add another year on the old control time.

It's not like STL is hurting for talent, those bats are bound to come alive soon.

If they're going to give him a couple weeks in center to make sure he's ready defensively/health wise, wouldn't it then be getting pretty close to super-2? If they're going to wait that long, why not hold off a bit longer to add another year on the old control time.

It's not like STL is hurting for talent, those bats are bound to come alive soon.

How long can they afford to wait though? Jay/Bourjos are automatic outs.

While Jay is far from spectacular, he has a .311 OBP against righties. If Grichuk can hold his own against lefties then they can definitely get by until July without him(espeically to add a year). They're NL 7/8 hitters, so the expectations aren't high to begin with.

They're 6.5 games back in their division but only 2 back in the wild card, and it's really early to even start thinking about those things. I imagine the Brewers are going to cool down quite a bit soon, so they could be back in the division race very quickly with or without Taveras. Now if Jay continues to flounder, Grichuk isn't ready, Brewers stay hot, and Taveras keeps raking then it's a no brainer. That's a lot of if's though.

I think im gonna soften my stance now on when the cards are gonna bring him up.

The bottom line is that the cards offense is abysmal and barely even watchable.

They need a spark and i think taveras is just that. If he can show that he can stay on the field and provide serviceable defense in center, then i see not reason why they dont call him up within the next two weeks.

I like grichuk's bat and he is a CFer, but he's not gonna provide the offense that Oscar can.

Went 1/2 with a couple of walks yesterday too. Hasn't struck out in a week. Dude's locked in.

Jon Jay 2-2 w/ 2 runs won't be helping the #FreeOscar campaign

you might know the day i soften my stance, the very culprits i was speaking on are having monster days.

Playing in left tonight.

Just going on record his last two homers have been bombs.

1 for 2 so far tonight. Yet again making some hard contact and working some long counts. He just stole a base too and his ankle didn't seem to bother him at all, which is a great sign.

On a side note, it's kind of incredible how good he's been against lefties so far.

remember that one time when someone was just saying piscotty was hitting better than OT? that was funny....also liking that steal tonight

Not sure how this guy isn't in the majors by the end of may. He should be getting the call now.

Not sure how this guy isn't in the majors by the end of may. He should be getting the call now.

And play where?

Guy needs to play everyday for his personal growth and our fantasy teams.

If he only plays 4 or 5 days a week, he isn't worth rostering on anything but daily leagues.