Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

Not sure how this guy isn't in the majors by the end of may. He should be getting the call now.

And play where?

Guy needs to play everyday for his personal growth and our fantasy teams.

If he only plays 4 or 5 days a week, he isn't worth rostering on anything but daily leagues.

While you may be right, he does need to be playing every day for the Cards.

Jon Jay 2-2 w/ 2 runs won't be helping the #FreeOscar campaign

Don't worry about that, Jay owns Garza in his career...he should revert to his futile self again.

maybe something that favors working for Oscar. the Cardinals could move Craig to 1B when a left handed pitcher is on the mound, since Adams is so bad against LHP. plus the Cardinals could give Craig more days off in order to keep him healthy and fresh. then Oscar isn't playing CF every day and on those days he can play in RF.

And when holliday needs days off, taveras can play LF.

problem is though, they are n't going to bring taveras up to as a supersub.

Theya re paying Holliday and Craig too much money to sit them as much as they'd need to make sure OT gets his ABs.

Jeesh 1 for 4 last night 1 for 5 today. What is dude? Human?

i just picked this guy up in three leagues. though it sounds like there is no clear path for his call up. i do believe in his potential, but like all of you, i'm curious as to when the call up happens.

Ryan Boyer@RyanPBoyer 32m

.@JoeStrauss on @CBSSports920 just now: I think Oscar Taveras will be the Cardinals' CF at some point this month.

Not sure who either of those 2 guys are, but have either had an explanation for that prediction or have any ties to certain credible sources? Otherwise that would be no better than anyone else in this forum who makes a blank statement or speculates on the ETA.

have to hope the cards offense keeps falling short of expectations while oscar sustains his hit streak. . .

Ryan Boyer ‏@RyanPBoyer 32m

.@JoeStrauss on @CBSSports920 just now: I think Oscar Taveras will be the Cardinals' CF at some point this month.

Not sure who either of those 2 guys are, but have either had an explanation for that prediction or have any ties to certain credible sources? Otherwise that would be no better than anyone else in this forum who makes a blank statement or speculates on the ETA.

Well it's really only one guy that speculated. Joe Strauss writes for the St Louis Dispatch. I'd assume he has more knowledge of the cardinals than this forum.

Ryan Boyer@RyanPBoyer 32m

Strauss is a beat writer for the Red Birds, no doubt he would have inside info.

Here is one of his recent articles: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/joe-strauss/strauss-cards-fans-should-focus-on-what-s-real/article_02451692-cf00-5e62-909f-89b827199e06.html

Is Strauss the one with the inside info or is it Gould or whatever his name is. One of them actually has basically a direct line to either the GM himself or someone VERY close to him. I remember whichever guy it is has broken a lot of stories on trade and call-ups it seems like up to a week before they happen and he always says "I think the Cards might..." as kind of a way to make it seem like he's just a really good guesser and doesn't want his source to get in trouble

Joe Strauss is known for his outlandish and speculative statements and is not well liked but us st louisians.

When Goold speaks, I listen. When Strauss speaks, i keep scrolling.

Joe Strauss is known for his outlandish and speculative statements and is not well liked but us st louisians.

Yes, thanks! I knew one of them was really good and the other was a jerk. I just couldn't remember which one it was.

Yes, thanks! I knew one of them was really good and the other was a jerk. I just couldn't remember which one it was.

Yeah, thanks as well. I figured since it is the media and not an actual Cardinals personnel, it would need to be confirmed how credible this guy was. It's annoying when beat writers throw out their garbage claims just to get the hype going.

Yeah, Strauss is a complete tool who lives to troll and speculate.

There's been many a "Developing situation... more later" or "Possible news coming" tweets, followed by old news, or just forgetting all about it.

Either way, Oscar is tearing it up, and I do agree that he'll be with the Cards come June. Just my personal opinion.

Jay, while better than Bourjos or anyone else, is now 3-21 since he basically got the job.

It's what Jay does, he gets hot, then sucks, then meanders around .230, then has a 7-11 4 game stretch.

Grichuk looks fine, but if Oscar can truly play CF, they need him.

come up and rake please so I can stop playing non hitting card board boxes

So he's probably not coming up this season?

So he's probably not coming up this season?

What?

I doubt that. He'll be up.

Wow the Cardinals suck without this BEAST.

Cards need to bring him up now. Take the pressure off Holliday and Craig. Getting shutout by the Cubs...ouch.

Cards shutout, drop below .500.

Soon.

I think Roto is selling him a bit short here. Just 15ish homers? That wouldn't even make him rosterable in the majority of leagues.

Also, why is his name Carlos? Hmm. Typical Rotoworld.

Cardinals prospect outfielder Carlos Taveras went 1-for-4 with a walk in extending his hitting streak to 16 games on Friday night.

During the streak, he is hitting .333/.394/.533 with six walks and five strikeouts, and he sports a .313/.370/.515 line for the season. Taveras has all of the tools to contend for batting titles while hitting 15-plus home runs on an annual basis. The Cardinals seem determined to prevent him from reaching Super 2 status, so he is unlikely to be promoted until June.