Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

The GM can say what he wants. I'll just continue watching Taveras destroy AAA pitching while the Cards lineup continues to falter. No problem.

Honestly though, Taveras isn't a good fielder. They can play him in CF all they want in triple A but that shouldn't be his long term position. An OF of Holliday, Taveras, and Craig would be a disaster defensively.

Honestly though, Taveras isn't a good fielder. They can play him in CF all they want in triple A but that shouldn't be his long term position. An OF of Holliday, Taveras, and Craig would be a disaster defensively.

I don't think the plan is for him to be their long term CF. He's going to play there now because they don't have anywhere else to play him. He will end up in one of the corner spots next year, or later on this year if they are able to trade adams and move craig to first.

3-5 with a run and 3 RBIs so far tonight. Take that for what it's worth though considering his team has 15 runs.

Starting to think we see mookie betts in the majors before OT.

What's glaring to me in that article is OT has played 4 games in center out of 20 something. That's not exactly good news. If that's where they want him to play.

That's where I'm missing the good news part. They want him to play center but they aren't playing him there coupled with the whole their deep at center thing. So if a call up happens its gonna be OT rotating all three outfield spots? That sounds like a recipe for a slump not success. But he could beast with all of that going on I suppose.

Has anyone considered that Allen Craig might deserve to lose some playing time soon? The dude is hitting .208 and he put up another 0/4 tonight. I'm admittedly not a huge Craig fan because I don't think he brings that much to the table...but yeah. Just my thoughts.

Has anyone considered that maybe Allen Craig might deserve to lose some playing time soon? The dude is hitting .208 and he put up another 0/4 tonight. I'm admittedly not a huge Craig fan because I don't think he brings that much to the table...but yeah. Just my thoughts.

I just don't think they will bring oscar up to be a part time player or some super sub. They won't just bench Craig and I believe he started slow last year as well

Has anyone considered that Allen Craig might deserve to lose some playing time soon? The dude is hitting .208 and he put up another 0/4 tonight. I'm admittedly not a huge Craig fan because I don't think he brings that much to the table...but yeah. Just my thoughts.

Craig has been .300-.500 over the last three years. They signed him to a long term deal. You don't bench a player like that because he has a slow month.

Craig has been .300-.500 over the last three years. They signed him to a long term deal. You don't bench a player like that because he has a slow month.

The man is correct, and it's really quite simple:

He needs:

(1) a significant injury to AC or MH

or

(2) to be passable in center

or

We got problems.

batting .450 with RISP doesn't do anything for you?

granted that was last year, but dude is a career .300 hitter.

I'm concerned too, but might be too soon to pull the plug.

He needs:

or

or

We got problems.

I think the key is actually Matt Adams. Craig & Holliday arent going anywhere for a couple years. Adams is on a cheap 1 year contract and very tradeable. It's also the one lineup formation the Cards can use that is an upgrade both offensively and defensively. Holliday & Taveras in the OF corners and Craig at 1b. I like Adams but I think he is expendable. The Cards have plenty of bat options on the bench to replace him. This doesn't solve the CF issue but I don't think Oscar ends up there either.

I don't know if this is the most likely scenario but I think its the best scenario for the Cards.

He needs:

or

or

We got problems.

I think the key is actually Matt Adams. Craig & Holliday arent going anywhere for a couple years. Adams is on a cheap 1 year contract and very tradeable. It's also the one lineup formation the Cards can use that is an upgrade both offensively and defensively. Holliday & Taveras in the OF corners and Craig at 1b. I like Adams but I think he is expendable. The Cards have plenty of bat options on the bench to replace him. This doesn't solve the CF issue but I don't think Oscar ends up there either.

I don't know if this is the most likely scenario but I think its the best scenario for the Cards.

Thanks for correcting me. Your post is spot on.

per Mozeliak (nothing earth shattering):

"The reason Taceras hasn't played CF is he was hurt at Spring Training and then we played him there, and then he got hurt again in CF".

So you want to play him there but aren't going too? Of course makes perfect sense. They Should have traded him for profar last year. Maybe they still will since the rangers brought odor up. I mean what if he rakes then what with profar unless they move him to the outfield. My team says yuck on that move yes to a trade.

Didn't he get hurt rounding the bases or something? How in the world does that have anything to do with being in CF?

Cards called up another OF prospect from Memphis NOT named Taveras. When will they stop beating around the bush and make the hyped move?!

As much as we want the cards to call him up, maximizing the PT for all of their prospects is what they're doing here. The Butler move today is a no-brainer for the long term development of their prospects. Grichuck wasn't getting any AB's in STL, and he's certainly someone that they have aspirations for. The same thing with Piscotty, and our boy, OT. Grichuck gets sent down to get at bats, and OT will stay in AAA until they can figure a way to get him in every single day.

Nothing has changed here