Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

OT is not a bench bat, yall. He won't be up until there is room for him. plain and simple

I don't consider him a lock this year at all considering recent comments and actions by the cardinals

At the rate their going it would take serious injury to holiday Craig or Adams to see OT. Because if its minor they may go with 1 of the other four outfielders they have.

Just what I've been hearing from local media people, and what Joe Strauss has been saying on radio shows... They're all saying they expect to see him starting in CF in June.

Just what they're saying...

Just what I've been hearing from local media people, and what Joe Strauss has been saying on radio shows... They're all saying they expect to see him starting in CF in June.

Just what they're saying...

It's even funnier that John Mo has been saying they won't play him in CF because he's not that good at CF, yet, lately the only position he's played in AAA is CF.

Figures the one year we need Holliday or Craig to injure themselves and they'll probably each play 150+ games

This service time and super 2 bullcrap is the worst thing about baseball. Well xfip or whatever that crap is, is pretty lame too. Just play ball! Bonuses points and draft picks if you have the balls to call up a top prospect and he immediately rakes. Mandatory relagation for anyone in the bigs batting under .200 after the first 1.5 months of the season in lieu of a sexy prospect. I need to be commish.

Why not just never call him up so they never have to pay him millions? That would save them the most money.

He is 21 years old, missed alnost all of last season, and is learning to play CF. He also would not receive enough regular playing time in St. Louis, at the moment. There's plenty of reasons to keep him in Memphis. I think the Cardinals have brought up plenty of players on Opening Day to not be accused of trying to save a few million bucks.

I wanted him to stay in Memphis so he can get in a rhythm, but my team needs him right now. My team is so banged up.

I wanted him to stay in Memphis so he can get in a rhythm, but my team needs him right now. My team is so banged up.

Well that is good to know. I will dial up the Cardinals right now and plead the case for you.

Well that is good to know. I will dial up the Cardinals right now and plead the case for you.

I called them as well, they're not having it. Sorry

Thanks guys I appreciate it. My fantasy team is more important than the Memphis red birds's season.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. My fantasy team is more important than the Memphis red birds's season.

Mavsfan and myself have called out of concern for your fantasy team. We did the best we could do sorry for your damn luck!!

Call for me too... Would love to have him activated for my fantasy team.

If being s--- on by the Cubs 17-5 right now doesn't make you think about making a phone call, then what will?

Jaime Garcia getting Lyon's next start would make me happy happy happy. The Cards already have Grichuk not playing.

Jaime Garcia getting Lyon's next start would make me happy happy happy. The Cards already have Grichuk not playing.

He got sent back down on Friday. They have Butler up taking the bench spot instead.

Man, the Cubs destroyed them today. But yes, by all means keep OT in AAA. He's certainly more helpful helping your minor league teams win, not your ML ballclub. Nah, that'd make too much sense calling him up.

Unless Taveras can pitch I don't think he would have helped them tonight. But I do think the longer the team struggles the more likely it is they pull the trigger on Taveras earlier than they'd hoped.

Unless Taveras can pitch I don't think he would have helped them tonight. But I do think the longer the team struggles the more likely it is they pull the trigger on Taveras earlier than they'd hoped.

I hope so, but at this point they could save millions by waiting 14-28 days.

If you ran a business and you could save millions by simply waiting a month before "purchasing" an asset then what decision would you as savvy business owners make?

Let me guess, buy the asset now just so you can produce 3 - 5 more products right?

Really depends on your need, your budget, and how much difference you think he makes during that time period. If winning a few more games is that important to making the playoffs or getting the fans to show up then it is probably worth the few millions extra. Baseball is not like other businesses. You don't have monopolies and revenue sharing in any businesses in America. Its funny how America's past time really isn't that American.

If you ran a business and you could save millions by simply waiting a month before "purchasing" an asset then what decision would you as savvy business owners make?

Let me guess, buy the asset now just so you can produce 3 - 5 more products right?

That's why this system needs changed. It's stupid that teams are afraid to roster their best players possible because of Super 2.

I 100% agree that he should be up right now and his bar will help them win a few games, but I can also see why the team might be worried about his ability to stay healthy playing in center. They don't want to bring him up to be in a super utility role that is why they will just wait the few extra weeks and save that few extra mil