Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

God I hate this thread

Unless there's an injury or a trade, I'm not sure he has a spot this year. Probably a spot in 2015, but not sure of this year without an injury or trade.

How's our boy doing here? Hopefully he's not hanging his head. Lets see him flat out rake and force them to make another decision.

2 for 2 so far a bb and a bomb with 2 RBI today.

OT would be insanely valuable if we accumulated stats from minor league games.

Sigh...Damn the Cards and their crowded overrated roster.

Hope he's up again soon. But, everyone around here is a buzzkiller and has 100 reasons why we don't see him again soon.

They say they don't trust Oscar in center....yet they play Jay there. Hmmmmmm.

getting tired of holding...

I agree, I can't help but feel that Oscar's star has dimmed considerably.

Given the card's recent injuries, i would not be surprised to see one of adams or craig moved for a pitcher.

I'd hold.

Given the card's recent injuries, i would not be surprised to see one of adams or craig moved for a pitcher.

I'd hold.

oh i'm holding - i'm just saying i'm getting a little antsy...

Based on? A trial run in the MLB when he passed the eye test, but was met with poor results? His first real run at AAA where he's hitting just like we thought he would?

There's nowhere for him to play. nowhere. His star is still as bright as before, but too many people are jumping to judgment because he hasn't set the world on fire.

Redraft, I would be getting antsy too. But in a dynasty league, there are few players that I'd view higher than him still.

Based on? A trial run in the MLB when he passed the eye test, but was met with poor results? His first real run at AAA where he's hitting just like we thought he would?

There's nowhere for him to play. nowhere. His star is still as bright as before, but too many people are jumping to judgment because he hasn't set the world on fire.

Redraft, I would be getting antsy too. But in a dynasty league, there are few players that I'd view higher than him still.

I still think he's a talented prospect, but I'm not as high on him as I was. His walk rate has been mediocre at best (and trending in the wrong direction), plus he's hitting HR at a slower rate than he was during his 2012 campaign. I just think his major league ceiling has fallen a little bit compared to what we thought it was a year and a half ago.

I still think he's a talented prospect, but I'm not as high on him as I was. His walk rate has been mediocre at best (and trending in the wrong direction), plus he's hitting HR at a slower rate than he was during his 2012 campaign. I just think his major league ceiling has fallen a little bit compared to what we thought it was a year and a half ago.

Damn Coach Taylor, based on a couple of games? Did you think the same thing with Springer and Trout?

This Tavares to Tampa bay rumor is picking up steam with fantasy writers now. Is it really possible? I'm in an nl only on the verge of trading for him...

This Tavares to Tampa bay rumor is picking up steam with fantasy writers now. Is it really possible? I'm in an nl only on the verge of trading for him...

Its possible, but unlikely IMO. St. Louis needs hitting more than pitching and I just don't see them giving up a ML-ready player who has all-star potential.

I would be shocked if this proposed Rays trade happened. Seems like too many parts would be necessary which includes Price signing a long term extension which could be make tricky by the inconsistency of his last two years. I'm not going to say it's impossible but I'd say its highly unlikely.

Its possible, but unlikely IMO. St. Louis needs hitting more than pitching and I just don't see them giving up a ML-ready player who has all-star potential.

Yeah but Zobrist + Price for 1.5 years should be more than enough to land Taveras.