Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crotchcrickets

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

upside? perennial all-star .300/25/100 yearly. and i don't think those numbers are unrealistic I think the AVG numbers will be higher yearly. He's a 3-hole hitter who will spend his career as a top-2 round fantasy player.

This is a good projection of him. It's not his ceiling, but it is a solid projection and I think he can obtain this in his first couple years in the show.

Yea agreed... I think this guys ceiling is very very high. Im thinking #'s in his prime like .320/35/130/10 are more his absolute ceiling.

I have been following him for 2 years and I dont even think Oscar has a ceiling. Hes only 20, 5 tool player. The next Trout.

So which player do u guys see a good comparison to him?

Vladdy without the bumb knees.

Looks to me like he's already better than Jay, couldn't he outright steal the spot from him?

Giddy giddy giddy!

Looks to me like he's already better than Jay, couldn't he outright steal the spot from him?

If neither Holliday, Beltran, or Jay get hurt, that will be his path to the majors. He'll ultimately force his way up this year and it will be at the expense of Jay.

So he looks like he can produce similar hunter pence stats

if all he ever produces are hunter pence statistics....i'll be furious. taveras can mash. he's done it at every single level....and last year proved his worth. he skipped a level to AA, was one of the youngest players in the entire southern league and all he did was win the MVP of the league.

his floor is significant. his ceiling is ridiculous. i doubt the speed numbers are ever there, i'd expect him to be around 10 tops each year, but as I've stated .300/25/100 annually as a start. I wouldn't be shocked to see him FAR exceed those.

Im praying that one of either Jay, Beltran, or Holliday gets hurt....and soon! so that we can see this kid play in the big leagues. He is just as good as Mike Trout. Believe me. Taveras in 2013!!

Im praying that one of either Jay, Beltran, or Holliday gets hurt....and soon! so that we can see this kid play in the big leagues. He is just as good as Mike Trout. Believe me. Taveras in 2013!!

no way he is as good as trout

kudos to crotchcrickets for spotting this guy TWO years ago. I missed out on him in my minor league draft last year. now kicking myself

i wouldn't be shocked if he put up better average/power numbers throughout his career. in fact, he probably should. however, what separates trout is his speed and defensive ability. while taveras is no slouch on defense, he's not a speedster by any stretch. trout is indeed a dynamic game-changer....but taveras' offensive ceiling isn't that hard to fathom. the speed just won't ever compare.

what is his upside power and speed wise

i wouldn't be shocked if he put up better average/power numbers throughout his career. in fact, he probably should. however, what separates trout is his speed and defensive ability. while taveras is no slouch on defense, he's not a speedster by any stretch. trout is indeed a dynamic game-changer....but taveras' offensive ceiling isn't that hard to fathom. the speed just won't ever compare.

what is his upside power and speed wise

upside? 30 HR yearly. speed? i'm not buying what others have said. he's 10 max yearly.

all but solidified that he's going to be sent down to start the year, right?

Pretty much yes for more seasonng....no point having him as a bench hitter which is what they will probably do with Adams.

I watched him hit a single and after the throw went to home he stretched it to 2nd and would have been out if the catcher threw it decently....the ball went into the outfield and Taveras was waved home to be thrown out at the plate. Watching him run proves to me that MrMartyBarrett is likely right...10 steals tops.

He is not fast.

Starts talking about Taveras around the 13:35 mark