Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG SKI

Trevor Bauer SP CLE

Jonathan Albaladejo was in the Diamondbacks clubhouse Saturday, meaning that the club will have to make a corresponding move to add him to the roster.

Albaladejo was designated for assignment by the Snakes in April but remained in the organization. His presence may be an indicator that the club plans to put Joe Saunders, who was scratched from Friday's start against the Cubs, on the disabled list. Saunders told reporters that he feels fine, though he will visit with a doctor this weekend. If Saunders can make his next start, Arizona will need to jettison another player from the 25-man roster.

call up this guy till thursday then activate bauer?

good point because the dl issues really hurts saunders trade value

i think albaladejo is a reliever? The idea would be they keep him up until saunders spot is up and then send him down for bauer

i think albaladejo is a reliever? The idea would be they keep him up until saunders spot is up and then send him down for bauer

Definitely plausible. They could also stretch out Collmenter and have Albaladejo take his place in the 'pen. Believe me, that's not what I want to happen, but it's a possibility.

I'm hearing (unsubstantiated) rumors of Bauer coming up to face the Brew Crew next Friday on the Twittersphere. Friday is Kennedy's start; could he be bumped up to Thursday (which is when Saunders was supposed to pitch)?

i see no reason bauer isnt up to start next week

says the hopeful bauer owner.

What baffles me is that Bauer is on schedule to pitch Sunday. Why not bring him up against the lowly Cubs?

says the hopeful bauer owner.

what's your point?

For some reason I just don't see this guy getting the call yet, you see that little piece on Sutton getting suspended indeffinately? I heard it was attached to his disaproval for not calling up Bauer however weird that may be.

Although we'll know for sure based on if he pitches tommorow or if he has a short outing if he will be getting the call hopefully.

Im really a big advocate for calling him up I don't think he as much left to prove however I can't quite read the sitatuion.

What baffles me is that Bauer is on schedule to pitch Sunday. Why not bring him up against the lowly Cubs?

I was thinking the same thing as you. I bought tickets last weekend(the best seats I could get) for today's game.Oh well! at least Garza and Miley are pitching.

I was thinking the same thing as you. I bought tickets last weekend(the best seats I could get) for today's game.Oh well! at least Garza and Miley are pitching.

lol awesome user name

Uhhhh Saunders on the DL and no Bauer? WTFFFF

Looks like he's pitching today, this mean he's likely to not get called up, or doesn't it really matter because he'd pitch next weekend anyway?

Looks like he's pitching today, this mean he's likely to not get called up, or doesn't it really matter because he'd pitch next weekend anyway?

they could move kennedy to thursday and bauer to friday

bauer in FU mode so far. 2 ip 4 k's though i admit ive never heard of any starter on salt lake

be nice if i got points for his stat line in the minors, but everyday he gives me a zero while taking up a slot on my bench.

i believe it won't be much longer, but was really hoping to hear that he wasn't starting today.

Just got pulled after 50 pitches, leaving the bases loaded in the bottom of the third with 2 outs. Hopefully it was to limit his pitches before a call up and not because he walked back to back batters on 8 straight Balls.

Just got pulled after 50 pitches, leaving the bases loaded in the bottom of the third with 2 outs.

yea then hes probably starting friday id guess

In the third? Maybe a pitch limit and getting called up

or he was throwing too many pitches in the inning