Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG SKI

Trevor Bauer SP CLE

Announcers said they received confirmation from the team that Bauer was not taken out from the game due to injury. I'm guessing this is a side session for Bauer and he starts on Thursday or Friday.

Announcers said they received confirmation from the team that Bauer was not taken out from the game due to injury. I'm guessing this is a side session for Bauer and he starts on Thursday or Friday.

YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!

YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!

Trevor Bauer was pulled Sunday after throwing only 2 2/3 innings at Triple-A Reno.

"Nice throwing session to prepare for Thursday start?" tweets Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona. "We'll see." Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers said earlier this month that he had not begun planning out Bauer's promotion, but the third pick of last year's draft may have forced his hand by dominating at every level of the minors. In addition, Joe Saunders -- already rumored to be headed out of town via trade prior to the deadline -- was placed on the disabled list this weekend. Bauer very well may be on his way to Arizona in the next 24 hours. On upside alone, he needs to be owned in almost every fantasy league.

Source: Jack Magruder on Twitter

is anyone starting him thursday in a weekly leaguee?

Start him thurs or wait to see how he does in his debut?

I'm starting him, I didn't wait this long to see how he does.

Assuming Bauer pitches ok, what happens when Saunders comes back from the DL?

Start him thurs or wait to see how he does in his debut?

I'm starting him, I didn't wait this long to see how he does.

This. He's facing the Brewers, and with the exception of the obvious Braun, it's not a very scary lineup. Bauer has been insane, and there's no reason he shouldn't do fine now.

If his start is on Thursday, Bauer would face the Braves in Atlanta - I think a more dangerous team than the Brewers.

Anyone have a reasonable projection for the rest of the season they'd like to share? 93 IP this year, I say he get's at least 70 at the MLB level.

70 ip, 7 W's, 85 k's, 3.40 ERA, 1.15 whip

Anyone have a reasonable projection for the rest of the season they'd like to share? 93 IP this year, I say he get's at least 70 at the MLB level.

70 ip, 7 W's, 85 k's, 3.40 ERA, 1.15 whip

it is almost near impossible to predict a rookie coming up. Your guess is as good as anybodies.

Nice to see him coming up, even nicer he is on my dynasty team that needs pitching.

Fearless forecast

4-2 3.87 ERA 74k 34BB 70.2IP

I think he has a few great games and a few rough ones just because of his ability to be a bit wild.

rotochamp's projections are 4.25ish ERA, 1.4ish whip, just shy of 9K/9. he could be tough on whip, great for Ks

rotochamp's projections are 4.25ish ERA, 1.4ish whip, just shy of 9K/9. he could be tough on whip, great for Ks

I'd say that's his floor.

Key numbers to follow while he's back in the minors:

pitches per inning - I'd like to see it under 14

BB/9 - I'm looking for less than 2.5

Everything else will take care of itself if he's pounds the strike zone and becomes more efficient. He just got a harsh lesson at the MLB level that his nibbling ways isn't going to fly up there, despite how good his stuff may be.

Key numbers to follow while he's back in the minors:

pitches per inning - I'd like to see it under 14

BB/9 - I'm looking for less than 2.5

Everything else will take care of itself if he's pounds the strike zone and becomes more efficient. He just got a harsh lesson at the MLB level that his nibbling ways isn't going to fly up there, despite how good his stuff may be.

completely agree pound the zone his stuff is good for some serious k's if he just throws it over the plate