Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG SKI

Trevor Bauer SP CLE

Bauer has his 3rd start tomorrow, if he pitches well the drum will really start to beat loudly for his call up.

(not that that means he'll get called up or anything).

I still think Miley is the first guy up. Rotoworld seems to think so too, and I agree.

I still think Miley is the first guy up. Rotoworld seems to think so too, and I agree.

He's done so well in the long relief role it will be hard to move him out or it. Plus who would they put in that role Collementor? Pretty sure he is minors bound when he gets the boot.

Anyone follow him on twitter / have seen his youtube channel? This kid is a genius.

Anyone follow him on twitter / have seen his youtube channel? This kid is a genius.

He posted his "Weekly Whiffs" series on his Youtube channel which is a compilation of his weeks K's. He then removed it and I personally asked him why on Twitter (@BauerOutage) and he told me that he didn't know why but people were taking it the wrong way. I watched it before it was removed and don't see what the big deal was, especially since his starts aren't available on milb.tv and theres really no way to watch him pitch.

Can't keep his walks down. Has 4 through 4 innings tonight already. May drop him soon in my redraft 12 team league. May not come up for a couple months :(

And a couple wild pitches I think

Like i have said, he will be a high walk low hit guy. He has always been a picker, and refuses to give in no matter what the score is.

Couldn't find a thread on him, so merge if need be.

When do you guys think he will get the call? Collmenter looks like crap, and i he had 11 k's in his last start...

What kind of numbers do you see him putting up?

also had a very low PC for going 5 innings

The box score had the pitch count wrong. Noway he had that low with the walks, hits, and K's he gave up and had.

Like i have said, he will be a high walk low hit guy. He has always been a picker, and refuses to give in no matter what the score is.

Great, so he's going to be somewhere between brandon morrow, Jorge de larosa, and Ian snell. Just what I've always wanted.

if he doesn't change that mentality to cut the walks. there's no way he'll get the call or even excel in the Show. having a whip of 1 with mostly walks or a whip of 2 with as many walks as hits will not get it done. he's lucky the runs don't pile up since he has electric stuff, but major league hitters could very well eat him up and take advantage of his mistakes.

If he can keep the few hits he gives up to singles, and when he does get in a jam get a big strikeout, there is no reason to think he will not have sucess. Heck if Edwin Jackson and Johnathan Sanchez can throw no hitters with the same mentality, and Bauer has a lower hit rate, whats to say it won't work for Bauer? By the way he is better than thoose 2 just useing them to make a point.

Lincecum had high walk totals 80+. Bauer is literally a genius on the mound. Like Greg Maddux he is extremely intelligent. He will adjust, but even if he has some walk issues when he first comes up he will miss so many bats and have low hit totals that it will probably not effect his overall statistical contributions.

Is anyone still hanging onto him? I am using up a bench spot on him and I do need the roster flexibility so I wonder if it's worth it if he's only coming up in June. ARI doesnt seem to be in a rush to get him up here.

Is anyone still hanging onto him? I am using up a bench spot on him and I do need the roster flexibility so I wonder if it's worth it if he's only coming up in June. ARI doesnt seem to be in a rush to get him up here.

I just dropped him in my Roto league, but that's because I'm pretty stacked already at SP and have an innings limit. In H2H, I'm holding. He could be very big down the stretch.

I'm holding him in my 12 team H2H points league even though I would drop him for a guy that has 2-3 solid starts. I picked him up hoping Collmenter would get shelled and it may only be 1-2 more starts before he's yanked but one has to think that service time will come in to play here as they probably should be.

I know that if I drop him though that he will be scooped once he gets the call by someone not me.

Hidden

When Bauer is called up this year, will be be worthy of a rotation spot in a 10 team mixed league. We have 5 SP spots with 4 bench spots. Kind of a shollow league.

My Rotation:

Verlander, King Felix, Hanson, Darvish, Marcum, Jimenez, Peavy

I'm holding in my Roto league, but it's a keeper and I have him for $1

Miley will take Collmenters spot first. Management knows what they have in Bauer and are going to bring him along the correct way.

June or July is when we should see Bauer. We all know the money aspect and the service clock.

FISH ON!!