Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Cedric Benson Season Outlook 2011

I'm no legal expert but I just don't see how they can suspend him at this point.

I agree. They gave everyone else a pass that got in trouble during the lockout.

I really don't see how they can discipline him during a lockout when he wasn't even under contract with a team since he was a Free Agent. I think he has a very strong case.

That being said, I am not dropping Scott unless I get 100% confirmation or a comparable RB falls in my lap (e.g. via trade or injury).

Bengals RG Bobbie Williams shed 12 pounds while working out during his four-game suspension.

He should return in pretty good shape. The Bengals have had no continuity at right guard in Williams' absence, so his return figures to provide a boost to an offensive line that has held its own in run blocking despite missing perhaps its best run blocker. Pro Football Focus has rated the Cincinnati line as a top-14 unit in run blocking and top-11 in pass protection.

Bengals RG Bobbie Williams shed 12 pounds while working out during his four-game suspension.

He should return in pretty good shape. The Bengals have had no continuity at right guard in Williams' absence, so his return figures to provide a boost to an offensive line that has held its own in run blocking despite missing perhaps its best run blocker. Pro Football Focus has rated the Cincinnati line as a top-14 unit in run blocking and top-11 in pass protection.

Wow, didn't realize they were missing their best run blocker.

Things are looking up for Benson, I doubt he gets suspended at this point, the NFL doesn't want to get into a lengthy lawsuit.

Looking safe to deploy as my flex this week!

I need this guy to be suspended or break the law again so he can go to jail asap. I'm sick oh holding Scott.

lol

MY ****ing GOODNESS. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE A DECISION ON THE APPEAL. What the hell is Goodell doing....going back and talking to all of Benson's 3rd and 4th grade teachers about a time he stole a bottle of Elmers glue from his classmate?

Some of us would like to use Bernard Scott this week.

Im thinking/hoping that the longer this takes indicates that Benson's representatives have a really good case.. hopefully it will be nothing or like 1 game... 2 games i could probably live with, 3 games will hurt!

Im thinking/hoping that the longer this takes indicates that Benson's representatives have a really good case.. hopefully it will be nothing or like 1 game... 2 games i could probably live with, 3 games will hurt!

As much as I hate Benson, he does have a good case. The NFL wants to suspend him for something he did during the lockout, which is asinine in its own right. But lo and behold one of the only reasons the lockout ended was because the league and the NFLPA agreed to allow a select few to be suspended regardless of the labor situation, Benson being one of them. Fair enough, except Benson wasn't even on a team during all of this so it is kind of difficult to say that he broke the rules of a league he had played in and was on strike to boot.

Looks like another week.....

A decision on a possible Cedric Benson suspension is not expected to come this week, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Benson has a hearing Tuesday in Cincinnati before the NLRB regarding his unfair labor practice charge against the NFLPA. He also has a non-injury grievance filed in relation to the suspension. There likely just isn't enough time for all that to be sorted out by tonight, leaving Bernard Scott as a mere stash for Week 6 against the Colts. The Bengals have a bye in Week 7.

Man I REALLY need him to get suspended lol. In my 14 team league I lost a RB and only have Addai & Hightower left. I have stud

WR's that are keeping me with a winning record but I'm living on luck with my sorry RB's. All I have on the bench

is Ben Tate and Bernard Scott lol

SUSPEND HIM!

Going to drop Scott this week and maybe scoop him up in 2 weeks.

Seems like a good plan.....maybe like 3 or 4 weeks.....

An official at Cincinnati's NLRB office estimates that it will take another 3-4 weeks before a decision is reached on Cedric Benson's unfair labor practice charge involving the NFLPA.

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Joe Reedy confirms that the official is the one who will ultimately issue a decision on the case. Though we've yet to hear anything from the NFL, the ruling on Benson's suspension appeal seems intertwined with the unfair labor practice charge as well as a non-injury grievance. We wouldn't bend over backwards to hold onto Bernard Scott with a bye on the horizon in Week 7.

what a joke at the rate they are going there won't be enough games left to suspend him

what a joke at the rate they are going there won't be enough games left to suspend him

It may have to wait until his grandson plays so they can suspend him.

my god, this is such a sham. what is there to consider? you suspend the guy or you dont. bad job goodell.

I wish they'd suspend him so I could use an upside play in Scott. Benson is so freaking BORING and HORRIFIC. Its like 25 carries, 60-70 yards just about every time out. ZERO upside. SNOREEEEEEE! Doesn't catch passes, doesn't score TD's. This guy is the most boring player to own.

I wish they'd suspend him so I could use an upside play in Scott. Benson is so freaking BORING and HORRIFIC. Its like 25 carries, 60-70 yards just about every time out. ZERO upside. SNOREEEEEEE! Doesn't catch passes, doesn't score TD's. This guy is the most boring player to own.

Actually no, you could be a McCluster owner.

Benson has at least had two 100 yard games already this year.

One game.....

Cedric Benson's three-game suspension has been reduced to one game and a fine.

Can't believe I held on to Scott for this long. I'm dropping him this week. No reason to stash someone who's only going to have one game to "prove" himself, and will likely be in a timeshare during that game.

One game.....

Cedric Benson's three-game suspension has been reduced to one game and a fine.

Not bad at all for Cedric Benson owners.

Too bad Benson can't get into the endzone this year, consistently gets stuffed at the goal line.

With Bernard Scott vulturing entire drives and random goal line carries, he's a headache to start. Especially in PPR leagues.

I abandoned ship myself last week with the bye coming up for Decker..