Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Cedric Benson Season Outlook 2011

I might pick up Scott if the Suspension ACTUALLY goes through, even it's just just one game and especially if it's in week 8 where byes and injuries are killing my RBs.

I might pick up Scott if the Suspension ACTUALLY goes through, even it's just just one game and especially if it's in week 8 where byes and injuries are killing my RBs.

Looks like your in business. Go get him.

He is ranked #17 amongst RBs (hasn't had his bye yet), but it seems like there is no upside. I won't miss him on his suspension.

Anybody stashing this guy for the playoffs?

HOU, STL, & ARI

Their reg season schedule is tough until then but you may be able to buy low and stash until the playoffs. Thoughts?

Anybody stashing this guy for the playoffs?

HOU, STL, & ARI

Their reg season schedule is tough until then but you may be able to buy low and stash until the playoffs. Thoughts?

I'm stashing him but hoping to have a better option by then, his upside is soooo limited. Even with good matchups this year you are lucky if he got an average YPC and a TD

Tough Schedule coming up.

Could lose carries to scott.

Could come out after the bye(suspension) refreshed and ready to roll.

Thoughts on him rest of year? His playoff schedule is overrated!

Verdict now? Didn't see the bengals game; how was he running overall? Did the fact they were down a few scores make Cinci go away from him?

Is this what I can expect week in and week out from him +/- a TD? Seems to be based on prior performances. Glad at least he's not in a timeshare with Scott.

Verdict now? Didn't see the bengals game; how was he running overall? Did the fact they were down a few scores make Cinci go away from him?

Is this what I can expect week in and week out from him +/- a TD? Seems to be based on prior performances. Glad at least he's not in a timeshare with Scott.

He had 20 carries, they have a great defense so he should have around 20 carries every game. He is what he is. A solid not spectacular plug in. I wouldnt wanna rely on him as an RB2 but wouldnt mind having him as an RB3 where you can plug him in during good matchups. He has great matchups in week 15 & 16 which is why I traded for him to put on my bench.

yeah, he's a plodder. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. he benefits from getting a lot of volume, but i am slightly concerned because scott looked pretty good yesterday. my fear is that it jumps to more of a rbbc, but benson has been vocal about wanting a lot of touches, so maybe this doesn't happen (and his contract is up after this year, so cincy can essentially run him into the ground). scott is a must-own handcuff for benson owners, btw, because he's shown he can come in and pick up the slack, if not out-perform ced.

yeah, he's a plodder. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. he benefits from getting a lot of volume, but i am slightly concerned because scott looked pretty good yesterday. my fear is that it jumps to more of a rbbc, but benson has been vocal about wanting a lot of touches, so maybe this doesn't happen (and his contract is up after this year, so cincy can essentially run him into the ground). scott is a must-own handcuff for benson owners, btw, because he's shown he can come in and pick up the slack, if not out-perform ced.

I disagree. Scott is only worth a roster spot if there are no other legit backups on the wire. Unless Benson goes down with a season ending injury Scott isn't going to get enough carries to do much. If Benson is down for the year it seems like the Bengals don't think Scott is an everydown back so it would still be a RBBC.

Benson sucks though. No upside and brutal schedule coming up.

its hard to handcuff your backup RB in some leagues

yeah, probably not feasible in shallow leagues with short benches. i'm just saying if benson goes down, scott would pick up where he left off. the hell he won't get a good workload; he had 20+ touches vs the seahawks when benson was suspended.

yeah, probably not feasible in shallow leagues with short benches. i'm just saying if benson goes down, scott would pick up where he left off. the hell he won't get a good workload; he had 20+ touches vs the seahawks when benson was suspended.

That was one game when they knew Benson was coming back. I'm betting its different if he is done for the year. Also the coaching stuff must have been too impressed since he went right back into his same old role.

So what are we looking at with AJ Green and Ray Lewis likely out?

I was going to sit him...but with the aforementioned outs...I think I can rely on him for his usual 20ish for 85ish for no or maybe 1 TDish?

In back to back weeks, Benson came only fractions away from scoring a TD. Two weeks ago the Bengals were at the GL and Benson got tackled but reached and came up half inch short. If that.

Last week, they ran power left at the GL but the fullback never sealed inside and the linebacker got him. If the FB does his job, Benson scores.

Just Sayin...

So what are we looking at with AJ Green and Ray Lewis likely out?

I was going to sit him...but with the aforementioned outs...I think I can rely on him for his usual 20ish for 85ish for no or maybe 1 TDish?

on benching him, I'd say it would depend on what your other available options are. I would really try to avoid using Benson on the road at Baltimore this week.

on benching him, I'd say it would depend on what your other available options are. I would really try to avoid using Benson on the road at Baltimore this week.

That's how I felt until AJ Green went down, who I was going to run at flex instead of Ceddy. Damian Williams would be the other guy. On the other hand, I'm damned near close to benching Roddy and rolling with Williams.

Anyway...I wasn't crazy about Ceddy this week, but the Ray Lewis injury, and my assumption that the ground game will be more relied upon with Green out...has me hopeful that Ceddy gets it done...but I wanted to see what other people thought.

That's how I felt until AJ Green went down, who I was going to run at flex instead of Ceddy. Damian Williams would be the other guy. On the other hand, I'm damned near close to benching Roddy and rolling with Williams.

Anyway...I wasn't crazy about Ceddy this week, but the Ray Lewis injury, and my assumption that the ground game will be more relied upon with Green out...has me hopeful that Ceddy gets it done...but I wanted to see what other people thought.

Im feeling the same way. I figure Cincy will emphasize the run, and Ray being limited makes the matchup all the more attractive. I don't have a lot of hope that he'll explode for more than 100 and a TD which I think is his best possible outcome as the Ravens still have a great front line and a formidable LB corps even without Lewis. But as an RB3 is probably his worst matchup of the year Id take 75, a checkdown or 2 (I'm in a PPR), and that touchdown in a heartbeat.

I'm also playing Gresham this week, so I'm definitely putting my money where my mouth is.

It's like reading tea leaves. Orange and black, Bengal flavored tea leaves.

Rolling him out again this week. My RBs are weak across the board (Sproles is my #1) so I don't really have any other options week in and week out. Fortunately the playoff schedule is good, if I can hold onto my 5th spot.