Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Ben Roethlisberger 2011 Season Outlook

He looks great here in August. My question is - is he fully healthy? He had the broken foot last year and to my knowledge he never went under the knife. Ben needs his feet to remain the unique fantasy QB he's always been. Any insight on the foot injury?

I almost always (unless one REALLY falls) wait on QB in my drafts and end up getting some pretty good values. This year I ended up with a platoon of Big Ben and Stafford as my QBs and I feel very happy about that. I think another year of chemistry with Mike Wallace and the coaches saying they wish they passed more last season, he should be primed for a very solid year. He averaged 32 passing attempts/game last year, so over a full season he could approach 550 or more throws. If you extrapolate his numbers from last year to a full season, you'd get just over 22 TDs and over 4200 yards. I think he's got a good chance to exceed those numbers (assuming he stays health for a full year).

How's everyone feeling after week 1 that has him as a starter? Got him on a couple teams where I took him before Stafford went and kind of regretting it. Losing Colon isn't going to help him either... Panic or stay pat?

How's everyone feeling after week 1 that has him as a starter? Got him on a couple teams where I took him before Stafford went and kind of regretting it. Losing Colon isn't going to help him either... Panic or stay pat?

Schedule gets much easier. Lot of WR's. All I wanted out of week 1 was Ben not to get hurt by Ray Lewis and company.

Ben always has really bad weeks, i'm just worried about bradford's injury and the steeler's o line

Ben always has really bad weeks, i'm just worried about bradford's injury and the steeler's o line

Since 2007 Ben has had sub-par games against the Ravens. They play him well.

Anyone who owns him or watches the Steelers, how do you feel about him so far after two games?

He hasn't been playing up to his full potential yet, but I like the way his schedule sets up, especially later in the season. So, is it reasonable to call him a Buy Low candidate?

Anyone who owns him or watches the Steelers, how do you feel about him so far after two games?

He hasn't been playing up to his full potential yet, but I like the way his schedule sets up, especially later in the season. So, is it reasonable to call him a Buy Low candidate?

He walked into a hornets nest in week 1, that was easily the most difficult game he'll have all year. So I give a mulligan there. SEA was very lousy, just didn't get some breaks. He would have had another long TD to Wallace but a blatant PI call set up a 1 yard Mendenhall TD. He also had his knee rolled into and left the game for a period of time.

Their schedule is pretty darn easy going forward. He likely won't put up Top 5 QB numbers but he's a more than serviceable QB in 10-12 team leagues.

I wouldn't be worried about him, he has arguably the easiest passing sechedule, but the O-line worries me.

It's good to pick a good QB backup like ftizpatrick or etc just in case.

I have Bradford, but he is worrying me a lot.

Ben Roethlisberger attended Findlay High School in Ohio. He currently plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers as their quarterback!

My heart was in my throat when he got rolled on, but I feel confident with him each week. He posted a QUIET 298 yards Sunday, as it felt as if it were in the flow of the offense. Got me 20 points in both weeks. As a poster said, his schedule is ridiculously easy. Im OK with him.

has been less than the sleeper many of us were hoping for. o-line seems to be a mess and mendenahall isnt helping. all that being said, whos rolling him out there this week against hou? see a new orleans type shoot out or will hou shut down pitt?

has been less than the sleeper many of us were hoping for. o-line seems to be a mess and mendenahall isnt helping. all that being said, whos rolling him out there this week against hou? see a new orleans type shoot out or will hou shut down pitt?

It's a promising matchup, but I truly expect him to get lit up by their pressure. If he makes it through the season I'll be shocked. I'm rolling him where my alt. option is Flacco against the Jets but I'm not expecting a good game at all.

im debating with ben and grossman @ stl this week (cant believe its even close). with wallace, ward, brown and sanders, ben clearly has the receivers to succeed, just needs enough protection to get them the ball....

Picked him in the 5th to be my starting QB. Wish I didn't.

I will be rolling out Newton instead of him, Cam's worst game is basically the same as Ben's best game this year. Ben will be stuck on my bench until that Oline shows some progress.

SteelersDigest Steelers Digest

by Fantasy_Guru

"Ben Roethlisberger is on crutches as he boarded the team charter for the flight back to Pittsburgh."

Picked him in the 5th to be my starting QB. Wish I didn't.

I will be rolling out Newton instead of him, Cam's worst game is basically the same as Ben's best game this year. Ben will be stuck on my bench until that Oline shows some progress.

Must be nice to have Newton.. that is a super luxury.

I'm screwed, guy's a bum this year behind that line.

Must be nice to have Newton.. that is a super luxury.

I'm screwed, guy's a bum this year behind that line.

Did the stupidest thing I could have done - Benched Newton at the last minute for Big Ben... Got my question answered by one of the ESPN experts this morning and he said that I should go with Ben because the Bears will make Newton look bad.

Wow, always trust your gut I guess....

Did the stupidest thing I could have done - Benched Newton at the last minute for Big Ben... Got my question answered by one of the ESPN experts this morning and he said that I should go with Ben because the Bears will make Newton look bad.

Yup, feel the same way. Happened with my defense choice this week and it almost caused me another loss.

The Big Ben injury is a big concern, walking boot and cruches as he was going on the bus?

Someone in my league just traded Ben for Tolbert before the games this week, I feel sorry for the guy getting Ben.

Might need to sit Wallace next week if Ben doesn't play, Steelers need to sign some FA o-lineman because these second/third stringers just aren't doing it for them. Any more of this crap and Ben isn't going to finish the season.

Damn, I planned on trading him after this game, but with this performance, plus the state of the o-line, no way anyone takes him. Though I'm curious to know his injury status because it worries me a little for the team.

My team is looking to probably be 4-0 if Rice has a decent game but Ben is my only QB. Very worried. Line looks awful and this boot is not good. Only guy left to pick up in my league is Hasselbeck. I can't believe I might resort to replacing Ben with Hasselbeck. Never could have foresaw that preseason. If Ben's injured I hope they go Dixon instead of Batch, he has more fantasy upside I think, especially against SEA.

Did the same thing. Had my question answered by CBS expert. Put up a poll on this site that was majority "start Ben". Deep down, I was thinking that the Bears defense isnt very good anymore. Went with Ben. Watched Cam throw darts across the field, escape pressure when it came, and have a great fantasy day. Now, I'm down 20 with Rice/Bucs D vs Ravens D. So its a crapshoot. Start Cam, I win huge.

Dear Cam, here are the keys to my fantasy season. I have no more reservations. Let's ride.