Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Ben Roethlisberger 2011 Season Outlook

I think I'm pulling the plug on Big Ben. I took him in about round 6 or so and was lucky enough to get Stafford and I used him every game. Ben is just taking up space and things are looking worse. I play with all Pittsburghers but no one is daring enough to buy low on him.

It really bothers me because I seen what looked like a soft schedule and a passing offense that was evolving, but with their line issues they refuse to address and Ben's injury and major turnover problems, I can't wait on him any longer.

If Big Ben can't go.. who do you think Steelers will start? Batch or Dixon? I'm in an 18 team leagues and there are no available QBs on the wire..

I think I'm pulling the plug on Big Ben. I took him in about round 6 or so and was lucky enough to get Stafford and I used him every game. Ben is just taking up space and things are looking worse. I play with all Pittsburghers but no one is daring enough to buy low on him.

It really bothers me because I seen what looked like a soft schedule and a passing offense that was evolving, but with their line issues they refuse to address and Ben's injury and major turnover problems, I can't wait on him any longer.

I won't drop him for the reasons you stated....I'll just get another guy off of waivers Hasslebeck, Orton, one of those guys and hope they get it together in the meantime.

well supposedly not a fracture... wow thank god.. i own wallace lol..

I can't wait any longer on Ben. I don't blame him, that line is a mess. But never the less, my fanstasy season is about to be over if I don't make changes in my league with Ben at QB. What a huge disappointment, I was expecting a great year out of him. 3TD's thru 4 weeks, I just can no longer absorb having a 20 point differential between my QB and my opponent's QB.

What sucks is that now I have to trade assets away from other areas of my team because of my weakness with Ben.

Ben Roethlisberger will wear a steel-toed shoe in Sunday's game against the Titans.

Roethlisberger's sprain is near the front of his left foot. His mobility could very well be compromised, and he's playing behind turnstiles on his offensive line. Big Ben is a low-end QB1 this week. Roethlisberger did participate in Wednesday's practice walkthrough, reconfirming that he's likely to start.

I hate to do it but he's on my bench. Starting Matty Hass instead...oh boy lol

I hate to do it but he's on my bench. Starting Matty Hass instead...oh boy lol

I'm doing the exact same. I've always liked Big Ben but he's hurt, his offensive line's in shambles, and people are bumping up Tennessee defense expecting a lot of sacks. It just sounds like a bad situation.

I'm doing the exact same. I've always liked Big Ben but he's hurt, his offensive line's in shambles, and people are bumping up Tennessee defense expecting a lot of sacks. It just sounds like a bad situation.

+2. Hassy is producing even against defenses like the Ravens.

Wow... Dilemma here...

Anyone buying low? Might be a huge value especially in 2 QB leagues...

I'm thinking about trying to move Cutler+ something for him but still concerned about the risk...

Might be a situation where you wait this week for him to have a bad game against TEN while proving he can actually get on the field with his foot and buy even lower then...

looking at starting alex smith or dalton over him this week.....have things gotten this bad????

Just dropped Bradford and picked up Hasslebeck.

Im gonna start hasslebeck and see how reothlisberger does this week and then maybe pick up bradford again for his week 6+ schedule

He's ranked at the bottom of the league amongsts qbs in points scored.

the teams running game is suffering from injuries.

he's hurt.

the line still sucks.

But he has lots of talent and the potential is there with the receivers.

also the defense isn't as good this year so they may need to throw more in some games.

How's he do rest of year? Mediocore qb2 with upside?

He's ranked at the bottom of the league amongsts qbs in points scored.

the teams running game is suffering from injuries.

he's hurt.

the line still sucks.

But he has lots of talent and the potential is there with the receivers.

also the defense isn't as good this year so they may need to throw more in some games.

How's he do rest of year? Mediocore qb2 with upside?

Pretty much. But with the amount of surprise QBs performing well (Hass, Freeman, Newton) coupled with the fact that the demand for QBs isn't too high atm (save for injuries) then at this point he's nothing more than a thrown-in in a deal. I'd still try to hold onto him and just wait for an injury to some brittle/mobile QBs (Romo, Vick) because i'm sure someone wouldn't mind taking a chance on Ben just for his rep.

OK, Ben owners...any chance he's a good buy-low candidate? I just have a hard time imagining that he's going to suck all year. Of course, there's no logic to that. But it just seems like if there's a team and guy who can turn things around, it's the Steelers and Ben.

I think he's a buy low. He has enough of a track record that proves he can be a fantasy asset. He has the weapons but the offense is banged up right now (Mendenhall and the O-line). I think he'll rebound nicely once he gets healthy and they patch up that O-line.

Help is on the way guys, Max Starks is back and starting this week for them. I think within a few weeks the Steelers offense can get back to how it was last year, as long as they stay healthy.

Max Starks is gonna be huge.

I feel really uneasy playing Hasslebeck over Reothlisberger, but I like Hassle's hot streak right now and their o-line. Steelers going to be stopping the run for sure so Hasslebeck might be passing alot.

Godspeed to anyone who starts Ben this week!

thanks, ill need it (no other options)....

Big Ben is back in business? I think Starks being back on the left side is going to be big for him..

Big Ben is back in business? I think Starks being back on the left side is going to be big for him..

I think what helped the most is Sanders and Brown got targetted less and he went to Wallace, Ward, and Miller more often who can actually catch a ball.

Yea but he did get sacked like once against the top rated defense in the NFL atm.

so is this guy going to be a top 5-8 qb the rest of the way? he's got a top 5 receiver playing in a contract year and a pretty well-balanced offense with an easy schedule after the next 2 weeks. i'm starting to wonder if his value is nearing or greater than that of a matt stafford.