Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Ben Roethlisberger 2011 Season Outlook

Yea, these are not the Pittsburgh Steelers of old. They are a throw first team. Big Ben has 3 young fast receivers and the experienced Health Miller and Hines Ward! He will continue to post some great fantasy numbers.

Yup. I've had Ben the past 4 years in my league. NO ONE in my league likes him. Best value QB in fantasy in my opinion. And with that schedule? Pfft, I'll take it.

but this year he's gotta overcome his O-line... how's the O-lines health these days, has anyone come back from injury or near return?

Solid matchup this week @ home vs a Pats secondary. The O-line issues shouldn't be too bad here since the Pats have a non-existent pass rush. Should be high scoring affair so he should pass a ton.

but this year he's gotta overcome his O-line... how's the O-lines health these days, has anyone come back from injury or near return?

He's had to overcome his O-line every year for the past 5 years

According to Weather.com, 40-plus MPH wind gusts are in the forecast at Paul Brown Stadium for Sunday's Steelers-Bengals game.

It's something that could affect Andy Dalton's deep passing, although he was never going to have much success slinging the ball against Pittsburgh's shutdown pass defense anyhow. Steady 20-30 MPH winds and "a few" afternoon showers are also in the Steelers-Bengals forecast. Don't panic over this news -- it's just wind -- but it's worth keeping in mind for over/under purposes and can be used as a tiebreaker for fantasy football lineup decisions.

I was already having a gut feeling I should start Tebow today. Will this affect Ben's projected numbers and the amount of times the Steelers will be airing it out? Maybe more of a run heavy game plan?

I have no choice but to roll with Big Ben, since Palmer had a thurs night game.....that or I roll with Grossman, hah.

just have to hope big ben can either rush in for a td, or hit those short passes in the redzone.

I'm also in the same boat with Big Ben and Tebow. Kind of want to roll the dice with Tebow but I've let weather forecasts burn me way too many times. Will probably roll with Big Ben.

I'm also in the same boat with Big Ben and Tebow. Kind of want to roll the dice with Tebow but I've let weather forecasts burn me way too many times. Will probably roll with Big Ben.

Been struggling with this decision all week in one league. Can't bring myself to bench Roethlisberger, wind or no wind. He's got a huge arm and played in crap weather his whole life, it shouldn't be an issue. Not sure when the Steelers arrived in Cincy but more worried about him being 30 minutes away from Miami (OH), hopefully he's not hungover. Tebow was in his room praying and drinking milk last night, so he's got that going for him....

Been struggling with this decision all week in one league. Can't bring myself to bench Roethlisberger, wind or no wind. He's got a huge arm and played in crap weather his whole life, it shouldn't be an issue. Not sure when the Steelers arrived in Cincy but more worried about him being 30 minutes away from Miami (OH), hopefully he's not hungover. Tebow was in his room praying and drinking milk last night, so he's got that going for him....

LOL! That's hysterical but probably true.

This is hilarious. Love these boards.

I'm in a 2-QB league, and I'm starting BigBen and Tebow. So my team is a living contradiction, hahaha.

Ben Roethlisberger broke his right thumb in last Sunday's win over the Bengals.

Now there's reason for some concern. Although Roethlisberger finished out the Cincy game without a problem and says he will play when the Steelers come out of their bye, the damage is to his throwing hand. That's always a tricky injury to play with, even if he's fitted with some kind of glove or wrap. It's a situation to monitor closely during the bye. Charlie Batch is the backup.

Can anyone provide examples of players that have, and have not played through this injury? And in the case of playing WITH the injury, how'd they do?

Can anyone provide examples of players that have, and have not played through this injury? And in the case of playing WITH the injury, how'd they do?

I think Brett Favre played with a broken thumb before. It was a long time ago though. I can't remember how he did with it.

@ScottBrown_Trib Scott Brown

Ben broke his right thumb in cincy game. He said it he will play in KC

If Big Ben says he'll play, he'll be fine. I don't know how he does it. If his health was in such a poor state that he was in a wheel chair doing an imitation of Steven Hawking behind the Center I'd still at least consider starting him he is so tough.

If Big Ben says he'll play, he'll be fine. I don't know how he does it. If his health was in such a poor state that he was in a wheel chair doing an imitation of Steven Hawking behind the Center I'd still at least consider starting him he is so tough.

Well define 'fine'. Tough it out and play through it, sure he'll be fine. Put up good fantasy numbers...dunno

Mendy will have to rise to the occasion but he'll still be fantasy relevant but won't deliver the big numbers I bet. I'd def look elsewhere if I could but if he's all you have I doubt he'll be a disaster. He usually plays well to very well when hurt.

I'm sure he'll still play, but he'll be limited by that thumb, no question.

He's got a bye anyway, he'll be fine

Yeah he's on bye, but a broken thumb on his throwing hand will take longer than 2 weeks to heal fully. It'll affect him.

the LT Starks is ok right? I just wanted to make sure. I remember seeing a clip of him before the bye week down on the ground like he was hurt but didn't hear anything else on him. Before they signed Starks Big Ben was horrible since he didn't have time to throw so just wanted to make sure.

I'm sure many will consider benching Ben against Cleveland's "elite" pass defense, but take a look at the QBs the Browns have faced so far:

http://www.fftoday.c...owed&LeagueID=1

Alex Smith and Matt Schaub have been their toughest opponents. I think Ben still throws for 250 yards and two TDs.