Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Ben Roethlisberger 2011 Season Outlook

Boomers an idiot.

That said, Id say with Baltimore loss, Ben is all but certain to be playing tomorrow night. Win against SF would be big, coupled with the weak schedule that remains for PIT.

I agree......Berman is an idiot.......

Oh, and Ben will definitely play now. Remember that Houston lost today too so not only is the division on the line but first round bye.....

I agree......Berman is an idiot.......

Oh, and Ben will definitely play now. Remember that Houston lost today too so not only is the division on the line but first round bye.....

AND..no 1 seed overall..Remember they got that pretty little H2H tiebreaker over the Patriots...

now Schefter is tweeting that Big Ben is true game time decision. Is this Ben milking the injury or are we all gonna be surprised when C Batch actually starts tonight?

now Schefter is tweeting that Big Ben is true game time decision. Is this Ben milking the injury or are we all gonna be surprised when C Batch actually starts tonight?

Total milkjob. He's playing. The Steelers now have a chance to get home field advantage and a first round bye after the Texans and Ravens lost yesterday. No way you pass that up--even if it means playing at well less than 100%.

I don't know anything more than anyone else here, but I'd be shocked if Ben doesn't at least start the game. 49ers are #1 against the run so Steelers will need to pass to win.

I don't know anything more than anyone else here, but I'd be shocked if Ben doesn't at least start the game. 49ers are #1 against the run so Steelers will need to pass to win.

Between that and the fact that they can gain the edge here and have a weak final two games, I just dont think they can afford not to play him. There is no way they win the game throwing with Charlie Batch at the controls.

Part of me begs this question be asked too, is Dennis Dixon really that bad that Charlie Batch is a better alternative?

Schefter's just trying to separate himself from the pack to make some noise. I would still listen to the beat writers and local guys over Schefter almost any day unless it's Denver.....

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, the Steelers "fully expect" Ben Roethlisberger (ankle) to start against the 49ers Monday night.

ESPN's Adam Schefter insisted that Big Ben will be a true game-decision because he will have to see how the ankle responds in pregame warmups after working the past three days. The good news, as Glazer relays, is that Roethlisberger "got after it harder than normal" in Sunday's walkthrough while taking all of the first-team reps. Pittsburgh's inactives should be released in an hour.

Hahah

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Roethlisberger looks as if he can barely walk. He's throwing short passes. Steelers have 45 minutes to decide if he suits up vs. 49ers.

Ben sees cameras, Ben limps around, Ben looks bad in warmups so everyone says they think he won't play, Ben plays and magically can drop back with relative ease, Ben get praised for toughness after game. Sound familiar?

BTW not saying he isn't tough or whatever, but he milks it and its gotten tiresome.

Hahah

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Roethlisberger looks as if he can barely walk. He's throwing short passes. Steelers have 45 minutes to decide if he suits up vs. 49ers.

Ben sees cameras, Ben limps around, Ben looks bad in warmups so everyone says they think he won't play, Ben plays and magically can drop back with relative ease, Ben get praised for toughness after game. Sound familiar?

BTW not saying he isn't tough or whatever, but he milks it and its gotten tiresome.

Ha, ha, ha......Ben definitely knows when the cameras are on, just like Michael Jordan did.....

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette revealed to NFL Network's Michelle Beisner that the Steelers made the decision before Sunday night's Ravens game that Ben Roethlisberger (ankle) is healthy enough to play and will start at San Francisco.

Shotgun city all night long from Pittsburgh. Clear, light wind. Lot's of fantasy football playoff points on MNF.

Roethlisberger is an absolute warrior. Say what you want about the person, but the QB is tough as nails. And you can't fake an ankle sprain. We all saw it, was brutal. They don't heal in 10 days. Guys hurt, but will gut it out. Just because he's gutting it out don't let that fool you into thinking he's milking it or he's not that hurt.

I have a lot of respect for Ben the QB.

agree with the truth returns...Ben is tough. Id try to take a few months off from work if i had a high ankle sprain, but I'm lazy as fu :rolleyes: k!

Prediction: Ben plays Saturdays, on the off-chance the Ravens lose to the Browns (won't happen). Then he sits Week 17. I think the Rams are starting practice squad guys in their secondary.

My guess is they will start Ben and try to get up by a good score then take him out. Or else they will give him a series or three then put Batch in and try to manage the game that way to rest Ben for the playoffs since it looks like Steelers will not get a first round bye in all likelihood (still possible).

Been looked horrid gimping around vs SF. I am considering starting M. Moore again this week vs NE.

I like the call to start Moore over Ben. Seems like the safe route to go.

There's a long list of guys I'd start over him. "No worse for wear" - that's a good one. The Steelers did what they could not do and allowed him to get knocked to the ground - several times. Now he's on a very short week and the Rams strength* on D is their pass rush.

* - word "strength" in context of Rams D

Naturally Tomlin has to spin his a** off after that debacle. It was painful even watching Ben play. He should have had a TD on that dropped Brown pass over the middle. Nevertheless he couldn't step into his throws often enough. You could tell he was saving himself for critical chain-moving plays, as he put the patented zip on the ball on a few throws. That's why I say "enough".

That kind of inconsistency at QB equates to a poor offensive day for the whole team - even v the Rams. They really need to run the ball 40x against the Rams and they'll still beat them 20-3.

It's getting a bit ridic by the way - the refusal to use either one of your backups (I'd prefer Dixon). I believe Dixon even started a game or two for the Steelers in the past and did a decent job - he's that much more experienced now. You wouldn't even put the guy in when it's 20-3 and less than 5 minutes left? Really baffling stuff there - don't understand that at all.