Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Braun 09

!2th Pick out of 14

Hello all

I'm drafting 12 out of 14 owners and not sure what to do.

Thinking of taking Tom Brady and bringing that back with mjd/turner/ or go wr

What would you do?

I would grab Rodgers, Rivers or Brady. I like CJ, R. White or H. Nicks after that (assuming AJ is off the board)

(I'm not touching MJD this year)

so you would pass up the likes of brees/brady if avaiable

I would because if you grab a top QB early you take a big hit at RB or WR. A guy like Romo or Big Ben could be had in the 3rd or 4th and still give you an upper tier QB.

As the first guy said, I would pass on an elite QB to get a higher rated RB, RB's, or RD/WR. As stated, the QB's are fairly deep this year and you will be able to grab an good QB later on (rounds 3,4,5). However, the drop off between top tier Rb's and Wr's is more significant.

As you can see on my team... I didn't grab a QB until round 8 (unforunately for me Bradford, Stafford, Eli, and Flaco were all taken right before my pick so I had to go with Cutler). While I am not that happy about Cutler I think he is in his second year of the Mike "Air it out" Martz offense and will be serviceable/good.

I would pass on Brees. Not Brady.

I would because if you grab a top QB early you take a big hit at RB or WR. A guy like Romo or Big Ben could be had in the 3rd or 4th and still give you an upper tier QB.

I again agree with BJ here, I think Romo will be very good this year. He is one of the more underrated fantasy QB's out there.

As the first guy said, I would pass on an elite QB to get a higher rated RB, RB's, or RD/WR. As stated, the QB's are fairly deep this year and you will be able to grab an good QB later on (rounds 3,4,5). However, the drop off between top tier Rb's and Wr's is more significant.

As you can see on my team... I didn't grab a QB until round 8 (unforunately for me Bradford, Stafford, Eli, and Flaco were all taken right before my pick so I had to go with Cutler). While I am not that happy about Cutler I think he is in his second year of the Mike "Air it out" Martz offense and will be serviceable/good.

In a 14 team league you gotta go with a QB in that spot. The position is not that deep. And a RB at that spot is pretty much a crap shoot.

I was thinking if a top 5 qb is there i'm landing him.

I have 12 minutes b4 draft and will keep posted on rd/picks so everyone can help me along!

In a 14 team league you gotta go with a QB in that spot. The position is not that deep. And a RB at that spot is pretty much a crap shoot.

Well agree to disagree... there are alot of good QB's out there. It really is going to depend on his scoring format and how the draft plays out. If there is a run on RB's right away then I think he needs to grab one right away possibly even two.

SCORING

Passing --

TD Pass (PTD) 6

2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2

Every 25 passing yards (PY25) 1

Rushing --

TD Rush (RTD) 6

2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2

Every 10 rushing yards (RY10) 1

Every 1 rushing attempts (RA) 0.1

Receiving --

TD Reception (RETD) 6

2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2

Every 10 receiving yards (REY10) 1

Every 1 receptions (REC) 0.5

Miscellaneous --

I'd go WR too. Unless you're taking Vick, to me it's a pick-em from Rodgers through Romo. Any of those guys could have a huge year this year. All are talented and have good targets, have had good seasons in the past etc. If you take an RB, you can try and grab a Brandon Marshall or a Brandon Lloyd later if you like those guys...if you take a WR, guys like Shonn Greene seem to fall in a lot of drafts.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=239938

average draft position i could land fritz/white/jennings

or

turner/mendhall/dmc/gore

or

turner/mendhall/dmc/gore

WR - Safe - White, Upside - Fitz

RB - Safe - Mendenhall, Upside - DMC

or

turner/mendhall/dmc/gore

Depends on what you want since this isn't PPR I would go with one of the RB's, I think I would take Turner here, just not sold on DMC and I think Gore will be there for you on the return.

or

turner/mendhall/dmc/gore

Depends on what you want since this isn't PPR I would go with one of the RB's, I think I would take Turner here, just not sold on DMC and I think Gore will be there for you on the return.

i went with turner

came back with gore

now wr run?

came back with gore

now wr run?

Interesting to see the differences in how people value players, I'd want Mendenhall and DMC over Turner and Gore but that's what keeps this stuff interesting B)

Likely go WR I would say depending on how things go...watch how the WRs and QBs go off the board...can you get Romo or better in round 5? In a 14 team league I imagine you can't go later than 4...maybe even 3 for a QB?

Tough call, I like Gore because SF offense goes through him and he has a nice schedule to rack up some major points but by the time you draft again all the top receivers will likely be gone.

felix jones is still avaiable and is a hot commodity

no/yes

romo/ryan/scuab/bradford