Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Jerome Harrison 2011 Season Outlook

How did they find a brain tumor during a physical? Do they normally MRI people's heads during physicals? That's a pretty thorough physical.

All thoughts and prayers to Jerome Harrison and his family. Hoping for a successful surgery and recovery.

He probably complained of some on going headache and lingering impairment based on where the tumor was located. Then advised him for further testing.

Wow, thank goodness for the trade to get him checked out. The Lions backfield is falling apart...

Awful news to hear, but this may not have been diagnosed for another few months, or more.

So why was Jerome inactive for the Lions if Detroit knew nothing about the tumor? Was the tumor affecting his play and led to him beign scratched?

So why was Jerome inactive for the Lions if Detroit knew nothing about the tumor? Was the tumor affecting his play and led to him beign scratched?

I can only guess, but I would assume headaches...

I heard a pretty outlandish conspiracy theory on this whole mess.

The Lions and Eagles very well may be fighting for a wild card spot at the end of the season. Detroit may have had some inkling that Harrison would not pass a physical, hopefully they didn't realize the problem was a tumor, but they knew something was up given his usage last week. They deal with Philly right before the deadline, then the deal is voided when the tumor is found (blessings to Harrison and his family on a quick recovery). Now the Eagles are stuck with Brown, unable to trade with another team, and having to deal with the possible chemistry issues of welcoming him back.

That could be some Hollywood type stuff if the Lions DID know about the tumor. Thanks a lot to James Woods in Any Given Sunday for making me so cynical when it comes to NFL medical staffs.