Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperJoint

Trade Knowshon for Ingram?

I was targeting Ingram in the 5th but I missed out and settled for Knowshon in the 6th. After a lackluster game Thursday I'm thinking I could buy Ingram low.

Would you do it?

I like Moreno better. There seem to be 3 viable options in that backfield right now, and Ingram isn't getting any 3rd down snaps. Moreno will share with McGahee but should see more touches than Ingram this year.

Thanks for help on mine! To me, before the season I saw Ingram as Deuce McAllister 2.0 (The one from when they had Deuce and Bush that is) with upside.

Put aside the lackluster numbers momentarily. This was a game where the Saints were playing from behind the whole way so he didn't get a lot of carries. But when you look at the carry distribution he got, I think it's actually kind of promising. If you want to draw from it that you throw out the point total and bank on what you learned from the carry distribution, I can see that logic. With the news of a split in Denver, I'd be mroe open to giving Moreno up for him.

hmmm...i think i like moreno better right now. he could be a complete bust like last year but could also break out and i see ingram as mediocre without huge downside. i'll take the high risk/reward guy for now.

hmmm...i think i like moreno better right now. he could be a complete bust like last year but could also break out and i see ingram as mediocre without huge downside. i'll take the high risk/reward guy for now.

Bust? Moreno was top 15 in PPR last year.

Bust? Moreno was top 15 in PPR last year.

I have him in a non-ppr. Too lazy to update my signature - I still have my fantasy baseball team from 2 yrs ago in there.

maybe 'complete bust' was a little overdramatic. he was top 20 with my league's ppr settings, but stil felt like a dissapointment.

Offensive coordinator Mike McCoy says the Broncos will use an even timeshare in the backfield that could become a hot-hand situation if Knowshon Moreno or Willis McGahee plays well early in the game.

The Denver Post refers to the situation as "troubling news to fantasy football players everywhere." Said McCoy, "If someone is in there playing and they're on a roll, then they're going to stay in. When they need to come out, then they're going to come out. ... We're going to roll them." The good news for Moreno is that he's a much more effective runner than McGahee. Particularly in PPR leagues, we'd lean toward starting Moreno as an RB2 against Oakland.

I think you all missed this report..... im still big on Ingram

I think it pretty obvious that the saints rb situation is going to be by committee. You should be thankful you missed out on ingram and got moreno. I do think ingram has some upside in future seasons but given that he is a rookie and seemingly not as talented a pass catcher as the other two saints rbs..dont make the trade.

Offensive coordinator Mike McCoy says the Broncos will use an even timeshare in the backfield that could become a hot-hand situation if Knowshon Moreno or Willis McGahee plays well early in the game.

The Denver Post refers to the situation as "troubling news to fantasy football players everywhere." Said McCoy, "If someone is in there playing and they're on a roll, then they're going to stay in. When they need to come out, then they're going to come out. ... We're going to roll them." The good news for Moreno is that he's a much more effective runner than McGahee. Particularly in PPR leagues, we'd lean toward starting Moreno as an RB2 against Oakland.

I think you all missed this report..... im still big on Ingram

Interesting report...but not that big of a deal McGahee hasnt been on a roll since 2007

McGehee isn't a workhorse and that is what John Fox needs for his coaching style. Can Moreno hold up? They say he is in great shape. I also shy away from rookies and saints RBs.