Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JD5016

Dez Bryant vs Julio Jones

Dez Bryant is making owners mad based on his talent level but tendency to squander it via injury or boneheadedness....

Julio Jones, on the other hand is dominating as a rookie; already with 2 100+ yard games...more than Dez had all season last year.

In a dynasty league which of these 2 WRs would you take to be a long term stud for your team, and WHY?

Both studs long-term but I'd take Dez. He's just been hurt so much. Once he gets 100% healthy he'll be unstoppable.

Dez is super talented and explosive. I had him last year and wished I could have had him this year. He plays on a very good offense that should be pass friendly for years to come. He has elite measurables, especially in strength and speed. That said, he seems to be very injury prone, which could just be luck, related to his conditioning, usage on punt returns, or just his hard-charging style. He seems like a bit of a knuckle-head with the off field stuff we have read about, including spending absolutely ungodly amounts on his jewelry, and with money he did not in fact have. Dez has also had some problems learning the playbook. I read that he actually never knew the Cowboy playbook last year, at any point.

Julio Jones is the opposite of Bryant in many ways. Julio is also big, strong, fast, all that. But he seems to be more intelligent and more of a student of the game. I have read that Jones won the respect of his veteran teammates, even before the season started, with his superior preparation and passionate practice play. He made it through training camp without any injury setbacks, something Bryant has never done.

Atlanta is a running team, or has been, but seemingly they would like to transition to more of a passing attack. They have a good QB in Matt Ryan. Julio helped lead his team to a national title in college, while Dez Bryant got kicked out of the NCAA for lying about his interactions with Deion Sanders.

I actually don't think this one is a particularly close call. Julio Jones is the choice in a keeper league.

SCHOOLED! Incredible reply!! Good work!!

Please, if you have more to say on this topic in rebuttal to others, please do.

Dez is super talented and explosive. I had him last year and wished I could have had him this year. He plays on a very good offense that should be pass friendly for years to come. He has elite measurables, especially in strength and speed. That said, he seems to be very injury prone, which could just be luck, related to his conditioning, usage on punt returns, or just his hard-charging style. He seems like a bit of a knuckle-head with the off field stuff we have read about, including spending absolutely ungodly amounts on his jewelry, and with money he did not in fact have. Dez has also had some problems learning the playbook. I read that he actually never knew the Cowboy playbook last year, at any point.

Julio Jones is the opposite of Bryant in many ways. Julio is also big, strong, fast, all that. But he seems to be more intelligent and more of a student of the game. I have read that Jones won the respect of his veteran teammates, even before the season started, with his superior preparation and passionate practice play. He made it through training camp without any injury setbacks, something Bryant has never done.

Atlanta is a running team, or has been, but seemingly they would like to transition to more of a passing attack. They have a good QB in Matt Ryan. Julio helped lead his team to a national title in college, while Dez Bryant got kicked out of the NCAA for lying about his interactions with Deion Sanders.

I actually don't think this one is a particularly close call. Julio Jones is the choice in a keeper league.

FWIW Dez's suspension was a joke. He had lunch with Deion or whatever. I think It's a toss up quite honestly and you really can't go wrong, but in a few years after Turner and Gonzo are retired I wonder what that offense will look like.

I own both and im gonna end up keeping one (maybe even both)

I'm leaning towards Dez right now, but if the TD's start coming for JJ he's going to be it because he's less of an injury/idiot risk

Regardless, having both is awesome, but my squad it 0-4 so im already starting to plan on keepers for next year lol

TDs are a major, major factor here. Dez scores, and he scores a lot!

Touchdowns totals are pretty tough to predict. I suspect that Julio Jones is going to end up with around 6 TD's this year. Bryant will probably get about 10. But Jones will be more consistent with reception numbers and yardage totals. So it also depends on your league's scoring system. I still see them as roughly equal players, with Julio Jones as the better long term prospect due to his plus character which equates to staying out of trouble, studying the playbook, and remaining in tremendous shape.

You're tenacious little dude

Hahahaa, yea just anxious for responses bc of a possible trade.

Id rather have Dez, just cause hes more of a TD threat then Julio, i dont really think you can go wrong with either but id still choice Dez over Julio in a dynasty league.

Hahahaa, yea just anxious for responses bc of a possible trade.

Cancel the trade. Go get AJ Green. He'll be better than both of them

Perhaps he is better, but the offenses in ATL and DAL are set up to produce now AND for years to come

Touchdowns totals are pretty tough to predict. I suspect that Julio Jones is going to end up with around 6 TD's this year. Bryant will probably get about 10. But Jones will be more consistent with reception numbers and yardage totals. So it also depends on your league's scoring system. I still see them as roughly equal players, with Julio Jones as the better long term prospect due to his plus character which equates to staying out of trouble, studying the playbook, and remaining in tremendous shape.

And that stuff is SO important. For real.

Work ethic is what makes great players. I think you can count on Julio Jones.

And that stuff is SO important. For real.

Work ethic is what makes great players. I think you can count on Julio Jones.

I absolutely agree...

I didn't ention that this is a PPR league...that's got to give Julio even more of an advantage, right?

What about just based on this year, which gives me a better chance this year?

What can anyone even say after this post?!?!? Definitely schooled. I agree though, Julio Jones really wants to be a star in the NFL and is going to do what it takes to get there - practice. Hes bound to be rookie of the year just slightly favored over rookie WR for the Bengals, A.J. Green, who hasn't hit as hot of a start as Jones.

Dez Bryant will always be good because he is an extremely talented athlete but he won't get those high numbers like Jones.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=251336 - VOTE IN MY POLL AND COMMENT IF YOU CAN!