Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FantasyMerchDC

Keepers for 2012...which 2 to keep???

I need to keep 2 players for next season...here are my top choices with their respective draft round value:

This is a PPR league:

Darren McFadden (4th)

Hakeem Nicks (5th)

Calvin Johnson (1st)

Victor Cruz (23rd)

This year, I kept McFadden and Nicks...for 2012, I am leaning towards Nicks and Victor Cruz....am I wrong in thinking this? I'm thinking I may be able to snag Megatron in the draft, and McFadden's stock may slide due to his injury risk...

cruz for sure...and then i would keep calvin. i wouldn't want two giants wr if possible

*bump*

Man, after the last couple of weeks, I really am starting to think that Victor Cruz should be one of my definite keepers (23rd round draft value!!).

Torn on the other keeper though....McFadden is always hurt despite the great draft round value, Nicks is great value but always gets shut down by stud cornerbacks and plus then I'd have two Giants WRs....Calvin as a 1st round value might be too early???

Calvin and Cruz would probably be my choices but I wouldn't mind DMC either. Calvin is a must keep, I don't see any way anyone can not keep him if they have that option.

Cruz is a stud in the making and the value is great. DMC is a Top Rb but the health questions are obviously there so I would favor Cruz.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/267181-rank-these-keeperswhir/

i would keep curz amazing value and then megatron he is a beast and i wouldnt want to keep 2 wr from the same team

Calvin and Cruz. You are getting ridiculous value with Cruz and Megatron is Megatron.

*BUMP*.....looks like nobody would keep Run DMC??

I'm definitely going to keep V.Cruz as a 23rd round keeper....that leaves it down to Nicks in the 5th rd, or Calvin Johnson in the 1st rd.

I will be drafting #10 in the draft this year, if that matters at all...

Calvin & Nicks roll with. They are elite WR's and their own teams primary targets in the passing game. Sure things they are.

How long can you keep the players for? Each year the round value goes up? x years no matter what? What type of talent will be released back in the pool? How likely would you be to land Nicks, Cruz, Calvin, DMC with the #10 pick? 10 team league?

Keepers can be kept for as long as you want. Each year the round value goes up by 1.

12-team league...with the #10 pick, I could definitely still draft Nicks, Cruz, and DMC. I just see Cruz's 23rd round value as unreal. Calvin Johnson is just so much better than the others, so I think I'm gonna have to go with Calvin and Cruz.

Yeah, with that system and your ability to draft Nicks/DMC with the #10 pick Calvin and Cruz are your easy keepers. Cruz is going to be a tremendous value for a long while to come on your team.

I need to keep 2 players for next season...here are my top choices with their respective draft round value:

This is a PPR league:

Darren McFadden (4th)

Hakeem Nicks (5th)

Calvin Johnson (1st)

Victor Cruz (23rd)

This year, I kept McFadden and Nicks...for 2012, I am leaning towards Nicks and Victor Cruz....am I wrong in thinking this? I'm thinking I may be able to snag Megatron in the draft, and McFadden's stock may slide due to his injury risk...

I might go Johnson and Cruz. I wouldnt want to have to rely on two receivers on the same team every week. I'm sure thats what youre worried about too.