phillies2626

Tim Lincecum 2012 Season Outlook

Let me know the last time he went through a rough stretch at 90/91. This stuff started the 2nd half of last year.

What? His velocity was like this two years ago when he struggled badly. He was throwing 89-91.

Mocking Lincecum owners for being legitimately concerned is rather foolish.

I'm an owner as well bro. The amount of negativity on here is absurd. Your post is rather foolish...look at the posts people are panicking after 3 STARTS!

I'm an owner as well bro. The amount of negativity on here is absurd. Your post is rather foolish...look at the posts people are panicking after 3 STARTS!

What silver lining can you glean from these starts? Please enlighten us.

I feel sad. Please come back to us Timmy.

I know it sucks. I'm still confident he'll come back to us though don't listen to all these pessimists. His track record is too good for this to last.

Statistically he's the worst sp in the league after 3 starts.

he'll be fine...lincecum has always been a slow starter and starts heating up around may

he's keeping the walks down so thats a good sign

Did he really ditch the slider? Fangraphs shows he has not thrown one this year. Might want to bring that back if he wants to succeed.

he'll be fine...lincecum has always been a slow starter and starts heating up around may

Finally someone not talking nonsense.

:lol: Another one.

still waiting on that silver lining you see in any of these 3 starts...

What? His velocity was like this two years ago when he struggled badly. He was throwing 89-91.

^^^^^^

anyone care to refute this...Because if he is right...then you guys may be overracting a bit. It looks bad right now. But I im not sold he completely lost it yet. He will be on my bench until further notice however

I would also like to know WHY he isnt throwing the slider...and he just had a 1-2-3 inning too...

Edited by Slatykamora

Did he really ditch the slider? Fangraphs shows he has not thrown one this year. Might want to bring that back if he wants to succeed.

He quit throwing it because it hurt his arm...maybe not :unsure:

• Like 1

His career splits would seem to directly contradict this claim. His April career split is 2.76ERA with a 1.19WHIP, May is 3.11ERA and 1.17WHIP. Theres no real slow start and heating up that happens as June and September are his worst months.

He does go through some bad stretches but if he has another poor one tonight (which he is) there is cause for concern. As previous posts have alluded to his velocity is down and hes currently limiting his pitch variety. Hes completely abandoned his slider so far this year and the big benefit he used to have was the difference in velocity of his fastball and changeup, as his fastball velocity drops this becomes a far less effective combo. Im not sold that hes lost it, but theres some bad trending going on here.

Enough already, folks. Keep it about Lincecum, not each other.

Thanks.

I find it funny how the little blurb under his name in the forums says "looses 20 pounds?" and not "Looses ability to get people out?" But he is through three, I think thats a first for him this year.

Well he has retired 8 in a row since getting off to that rocky start... Make that of what you want...

Just as I was coming to post that I liked what I was seeing from him he gives up a double and Halladay knocks one in. FML!

Well he has retired 8 in a row since getting off to that rocky start... Make that of what you want...

Then goes 91, 89, 89 (ripped double to Galvis), 89 RBI to Halladay.