Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Nate Robinson 2011-2012 Season Outlook

I didnt find a thread on him but I added him last night thinking he might start over ish smith tonight or if not sooner. With no Curry for a few games and potentially longer he could be a good source of pts, 3s, and assist base on what he did in boston while rondo was missing game.

I picked him up and I'm trying to quickly pawn him off a Curry owner for Shumpert. No one really knows what Curry's outlook for the rest of the season is. If he misses extended time, Nate Robinson is going to get some significant minutes, imo. I'm really not sure about Brandon Rush and it certainly wont be Ish Smith...

He's going to get significant playing time (reports say from Jackson). Question is, how is he going to do with those minutes? If he's successful, he can put up big numbers at the guard position (as a backup or if he eventually starts). We won't know until the next couple of games as it was just announced, Jenkins will start at PG vs the Lakers tonight. I'm tempted to add Robinson.

Any other thoughts?

He's going to get significant playing time (reports say from Jackson). Question is, how is he going to do with those minutes? If he's successful, he can put up big numbers at the guard position (as a backup or if he eventually starts). We won't know until the next couple of games as it was just announced, Jenkins will start at PG vs the Lakers tonight. I'm tempted to add Robinson.

Any other thoughts?

Do you have a link to those reports about his playing time? Not doubting you. Just want to read about that.

Curry should be back in den line-up tomorrow or next week and with Ellis/Curry will go for 30-35 minutes and Klay Thompson had a ton of minutes as backup.SG i will give Nate 15-18 minutes PT with a healthy Curry and Ellis. And assists out of Nates world.

Curry should be back in den line-up tomorrow or next week and with Ellis/Curry will go for 30-35 minutes and Klay Thompson had a ton of minutes as backup.SG i will give Nate 15-18 minutes PT with a healthy Curry and Ellis. And assists out of Nates world.

Curry won't be back for awhile. Dude just sprained his ankle 3 times in 2 weeks or something.

I would've been more excited about Nate if Don Nelson was still running the Warriors and they still played small ball and run n' gunned all the time.

Getting the bulk of the minutes off the bench and producing.

But Curry will be back tuesday

I guess it's more of a speculative add for those who don't buy that Curry's ankle issues will be completely solved by Tuesday.

At the very least, Curry owners should think about adding him for insurance. If you have room.

Realistically he is going to play behind both Monta and Curry right? So far it seems like Monta is playing his usualy 36+ minutes a night, and lets say Curry averages around 32+ minutes. That leaves roughly 26 minutes a night left for Nate. That is an aggressive estimate too because Monta is closer to 40 minutes and until Curry hurt his ankle again he was averaging well over 32 minutes aswell.

Realistically he is going to play behind both Monta and Curry right? So far it seems like Monta is playing his usualy 36+ minutes a night, and lets say Curry averages around 32+ minutes. That leaves roughly 26 minutes a night left for Nate. That is an aggressive estimate too because Monta is closer to 40 minutes and until Curry hurt his ankle again he was averaging well over 32 minutes aswell.

what was the word on curry's visit to the doctor? i haven't seen anything about it yet

Yeah I see him only getting between 20-26 mins a night... which only makes him fantasy relevant if you need 3's and assissts and can afford his sub par FG%.

Now if Curry's ankle woes continue or Monta goes down his fantasy relevancen is an entirely different story.

Has the potential for some real relevance and depending on the announcement of the "Curry plan", could be real relevant real soon. If you haven't added him already and he is available a speculative add may be in order.

Curry flew to see his surgeon, on the other side of the country, in Charlotte, yesterday. Team has a scheduled announcement today, regarding a "plan" for Curry. He's rolled it 3 times in 2 weeks. What can they do? They have to at least sit him, and possibly more. How does an ankle get stronger in any other scenario?

I don't see how you can let Nate sit in any 12 team league. The guy put up 11/5 with 3 3pms last game, in 27 minutes off the bench. If Curry misses time, Nate is in line for a nice 28 minute role, at least. Possibly starting.

While the "news" from GSW didn't givea clear plan for Curry, he has no structual damage and just has to rest it. I get the feeling he is back within a week so Nate is probably worth streaming until that time. When Curry returns Nate is instantly droppable though.

When Curry returns Nate is instantly droppable though.
I'm not so sure Nate-Rob is instantly droppable for Curry owners. Curry plays 2 games and then reinjures his ankle on a consistent basis. I'm worried I would drop Nate. and Curry would aggravate his ankle injury before Nate even clears waivers - seriously... Unless I'm confident that I can be the very first person to hit the ww after Curry tweaks the ankle (assuming that's after Nate clears waivers), and in my competitive league that's no guarantee, I'm inclined to hang onto Nate for a while to see how the rotations work out, and only drop him if he starts rotting on the bench.

While the "news" from GSW didn't givea clear plan for Curry, he has no structual damage and just has to rest it. I get the feeling he is back within a week so Nate is probably worth streaming until that time. When Curry returns Nate is instantly droppable though.

Pretty much this. Good for Curry. Hope he lasts.

I'm not so sure Nate-Rob is instantly droppable for Curry owners. Curry plays 2 games and then reinjures his ankle on a consistent basis. I'm worried I would drop Nate. and Curry would aggravate his ankle injury before Nate even clears waivers - seriously... Unless I'm confident that I can be the very first person to hit the ww after Curry tweaks the ankle (assuming that's after Nate clears waivers), and in my competitive league that's no guarantee, I'm inclined to hang onto Nate for a while to see how the rotations work out, and only drop him if he starts rotting on the bench.

I don't think Nate is good enough to hold if Curry plays.

Nate is the spark plug the Warriors need.. I think even when Curry comes back, Nate should still get consitent playing time.. When Curry comes back, I think he can be what Jamal Crawford is to the blazers.. He's usable as a util player.. Nate has to be picked up for sure, especially Curry owners..