Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Nate Robinson 2011-2012 Season Outlook

i remember a couple of years back nate was the sixth men for the knicks he would give you a 15pts 1 stl 2 3pts and like 3 to 5 ast a game

Nate was the reason they got it to overtime and won tonight. He is the spark plug for sure...he struggled the first 3 quarters, but was clutch with fts to bring home the win. With Curry's injury concerns, Nate is definitely serviceable...especially in the Golden State run and gun system.

GS is no longer run & gun, but I agree that Nate is still serviceable due to his 6th man (spark plug) role & Curry's glass ankle.

He looked good for sitting almost a year without playing a NBA game.

I don't think the Knicks-Nate is in GS with Curry back.

If Ellis hot, Curry had problems to score. And if both on fire, the rest are in trouble in scoring. David Lee for example. They had without the Big 3 Thompson, Wríght and Rush. Nate is a pure scorer. I don't see many as 3 APG.

The Knicks hasn't a great backcourt. The starting-PG was Chris Duhon. Any Questions??

If Ellis hot, Curry had problems to score. And if both on fire, the rest are in trouble in scoring. David Lee for example. They had without the Big 3 Thompson, Wríght and Rush. Nate is a pure scorer. I don't see many as 3 APG.

The Knicks hasn't a great backcourt. The starting-PG was Chris Duhon. Any Questions??

i agreed.. those expecting Nate's numbers when he was a sixth man in NY are foolish.. but I can definitely see something like 12 pts ,1.5 treys, 80% FT, 2 rebs, 2.5 AST, .8 steals.. Those numbers are useful as a guy near end of the bench, util player.. and he has even more potential when Curry does miss some time which is highly likely..

No questions, but I did have to read your post 3 times before it made any sense.

Yeah...I had a question....is English your first language?

No questions, but I did have to read your post 3 times before it made any sense.

HAha totally agree that is some broken up english that eventually makes sense.

So it sounds like Curry could be out for another week.....Nate could have some decent value for the next few games

I'm a Curry owner. I will like to puck up Nate, but don't know who to drop. Who should I drop?

Pg - Curry, Ty, Rubio

SG- Wade, E. Gordon, M. Brooks

SF - Rudy, Gallo, R. Jefferson

PF - Ibaka, R. Anderson

C - Hibbert, M. Gasol, S. Hawes

I'm a Curry owner. I will like to puck up Nate, but don't know who to drop. Who should I drop?

Pg - Curry, Ty, Rubio

SG- Wade, E. Gordon, M. Brooks

SF - Rudy, Gallo, R. Jefferson

PF - Ibaka, R. Anderson

C - Hibbert, M. Gasol, S. Hawes

You got a better shot in posting this in the Assistant Coach forum......

Really looking forward to seeing what Nasty Nate can do tonight on primetime TNT game at home against Magic. He seems very motivated, with something to prove, I expect big things. Take your time Curry, no need to rush back...

Nate Rob is the type of guy who every time you expect something big, he will get 2 points on 1 for 9 shooting and you'll say to yourself..... "damn...so much talent...."

anthony randolph esque...

It's worth a shot.

If he doesn't pan out, I can always drop him.

But yeah, he can be a lot of fun to own. A couple years ago I had him on my team, and he was beasting.

I hope he dunks on Dwight Howard tonight.

Again...

i think even as a bench role when step comes back he should be serviceable. His kinda like jj barea in that both can create their own offense and score in buckets.

The problem is that JJ Barea is hardly rosterable

well GS doesnt have as a deep of a bench as minny. Minny they got 3 guys sharing the pg positions not including all the other guys they have playing SG. Ridnour has become more a SG as of late. Only guys GS has rotating into the guard spot is klay thompson and i think nate has won over more playing time then klay even when curry gets back.

Would Nate be better than Parsons or Rudy F?

I actually just started a thread like that in the Assistant Coach forum.

Is his value cooked when Curry comes back? Minutes are going to be hard to come by. I already tried to break down the minutes earlier in the thread but I am in serious denial about possibly dropping Nate Robinson... Also I just thought it was funny how they have such a small, poor defensive backcourt and then think to themselves "You know what the Warriors need? Nate Robinson."

he's been playing really well, nice line today - 17 pts, 3 - 3pts, 2 rebs, 10 assists, 2 steals in 34 minutes.. How many minutes do you think Nate will get when Curry comes back??

he's been playing really well, nice line today - 17 pts, 3 - 3pts, 2 rebs, 10 assists, 2 steals in 34 minutes.. How many minutes do you think Nate will get when Curry comes back??

Not enough to be startable outside a 14 team league. But I personally think Curry will deal with the ankles this whole season and his whole career. Grab him and just wait for the next sprain.