Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Nate Robinson 2011-2012 Season Outlook

Not enough to be startable outside a 14 team league. But I personally think Curry will deal with the ankles this whole season and his whole career. Grab him and just wait for the next sprain.

He has been playing well enough to be starting in a 6 man league, let alone a 14 team league. Sure it won't last, but he has been playing lights out since GS signed him. He is one of my highest rated players, and with Curry's ankle recovering routinely being pushed back, I think you have to start him.

Just loving this guy. Won me some money tonight, gonna play him again tomorrow! Go go Nate!

/Jealous of you guys who have him in your leagues.

Solid game today from Nate Rob. Very pleased.

Even when Curry comes back next week, the chances of Curry re-spraining his ankle is 100%. History is on our side, (Nate Robinson owners.)

Curry's sprained that thing about 9 times already. He's weak as peanut brittle. And I love me some peanut brittle, btw.

Nate Robinson will maintain his role and production. They need him to relieve Monta & Stephen. He's perfect for the Warriors to be successful.

Solid game today from Nate Rob. Very pleased.

Even when Curry comes back next week, the chances of Curry re-spraining his ankle is 100%. History is on our side, (Nate Robinson owners.)

Curry's sprained that thing about 9 times already. He's weak as peanut brittle. And I love me some peanut brittle, btw.

Nate Robinson will maintain his role and production. They need him to relieve Monta & Stephen. He's perfect for the Warriors to be successful.

Yeah I'm thinking if Curry plays 30+ mins and has no set backs in GS's next game it's time to drop Nate.... He didn't even muster 19 mins in Curry's return where Curry was cautiously played. Once Curry is back around 36 mins a game I think Nate's value will be kaput.

Looks like he might be relevant in smaller leagues again with the news that Curry may have plantar fasciitis.

Looks like he might be relevant in smaller leagues again with the news that Curry may have plantar fasciitis.

Justin Phan @jphanned:

Steph Curry does NOT have plantar fasciitis. Strained the tibialis posterior tendon in his right foot. X-rays came back negative.

3:45 AM - 23 Feb 12

I'm thinking about grabbing Nate in a deep league, cuz with Monta possibly gone, if (or rather when) Curry gets injured again, Nate should play major minutes at 1, wouldn't he ?

Im trying to decide whether to pick up Nate or Rush... both are avialable and one of them has to come out ahead with this Ellis Deal... Nate seems to be the one that does more when given minutes, and he does have the advantage of being the backup guard to Curry as well... Thoughts on who benefits the most here???

I'd say Nate, because Rush has Wright and Klay Thompson taking some of his minutes

Speculative adders picking up Nate for playoffs? Looks likely Curry is going to get shut down IMO. GS has nothing to play for but lottery balls.

wait until the trade deadline finishes fellas.

I dont see nate`s numbers being that high even if he was starting either......his game isn`t fantasy friendly (to me) because he`s a shooting guard, stuck in a midget guard body. he`s good on a hot streak however.

I dont see nate`s numbers being that high even if he was starting either......his game isn`t fantasy friendly (to me) because he`s a shooting guard, stuck in a midget guard body. he`s good on a hot streak however.

He'll return top 50 value if Curry goes down (which seems VERY likely)

An all midget, all gump team: Fat Ray Felton, Robinson, and Marcus Thornton (with giant smurf Ekpe Udoh at the 1).

It sucks how bad his assist and FG% numbers are. I grabbed Dragic for Rubio, but need a fantasy playoffs beast (Dragic might be useless by then). If he's looking good these next couple (and Chandler doesn't sign), I think I'll go for him.

I made the move to pick him up. I am looking at him more as a threes/steals guy with upside in dimes. For reference, I dropped JR Smith for Nate and consider it a major upgrade. So people looking for dimes, steals, threes, and points should make the move pending you can take the hit to your fg%.

I picked up Nate last night, because I figured Curry would get shutdown or atleast limited minutes.

I did as well. Even if Curry comes back, he will just roll/sprain his ankles again. He's clearly incapable of playing more than one or two games without aggravating an ankle. It's quite irresponsible of the Warriors to continue bringing him back. You have to be truly incompetent and stupid not to realize that Curry cannot stay healthy, and that he should be shut down.

I picked him up based on the Ellis move.. If curry truly is shut down this is just bonus points.

Most people in this thread are probably 5'9 or less, it's funny how they call him a midget...I guess they are midgets too.

Also, I think its time to add this jerk. He will probably get all the minutes he can handle as it seems very likely old man ankle curry is done for the year. And if your not down with that I got two words for ya...

Nate is a ball hog and wont average more than 3 dimes, but I can take whatever I can get since Curry is shutting down. :wacko:

I guess it is somewhat of a valid

point. I just looked u

p his stats and the guy has never ever been a starter. Hes obviously just way to undersized. his best season he averaged 17 4 and 4 with 1.3 steals and 43% shooting. but that was with dantoni system of duhon crawford and lee. if i remember correctly he had a timeshare with crawford. anyhow, hes locked into a gs system that does not score that many

points......so is his line close to 14 4 and 3. I guess its serviceable.