Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatjonny2001

Ersan Ilyasova 2011-2012 Season Outlook

Thoughts on the remainder of the season with Bogut out (due to an ankle fracture).

He came in and played significant minutes at center and power forward last night and grab a crap load of boards. With Gooden at center and Ilyasova playing well lately, I would think Skiles is going to give him a run at some serious playing time (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is not healthy with tendinitis in his knee and his minutes are restricted). He can contribute across the board and would help as a util player on your roster.

I was able to snag both Gooden and Ilyasova but I actually think Ilyasova has a bit more potential because of his multi-cat contributions. More of a fantasy-friendly game.

For what it's worth, last year as a starter (in 28 mins per game), Ilyasova averaged:

10.5 points, 7 boards, 1 assist, 1.0 steals, 0.5 blocks, 0.7 threes, 1.4 to's, 45.2% fg, 92.7% ft.

If he were to replicate those types of numbers -- and considering Luc Richard is in and out, and Bogut's out, I have to think Ilyasova will get at least 28 minutes - then we'd be looking at a pretty productive guy.

I was able to snag both Gooden and Ilyasova but I actually think Ilyasova has a bit more potential because of his multi-cat contributions. More of a fantasy-friendly game.

For what it's worth, last year as a starter (in 28 mins per game), Ilyasova averaged:

10.5 points, 7 boards, 1 assist, 1.0 steals, 0.5 blocks, 0.7 threes, 1.4 to's, 45.2% fg, 92.7% ft.

If he were to replicate those types of numbers -- and considering Luc Richard is in and out, and Bogut's out, I have to think Ilyasova will get at least 28 minutes - then we'd be looking at a pretty productive guy.

Completely agree. In deep leagues (like mine), I just picked him up.

Gooden or Illy or Dunleavy it is up in the air.

Gooden or Illy or Dunleavy it is up in the air.

As for Dunleavy, he's taking time away from Livingston. It really comes down to Gooden, Ilyasova, Leuer and Sanders to hold the fort for the rest of the year. However, it will be Gooden and Ilyasova holding value.

some more reports are saying that bogut could be out for about 2 weeks instead of ROS, which in my opinion is weird considering how vastly different those two reports are. how should we be acting at the moment? should we be taking a wait (until tomorrow) and see approach with ersan?

some more reports are saying that bogut could be out for about 2 weeks instead of ROS, which in my opinion is weird considering how vastly different those two reports are. how should we be acting at the moment? should we be taking a wait (until tomorrow) and see approach with ersan?

Rotoworld is reporting that now, either I have to drop him or I dont meanwhile Illy is going to get picked up.

Is this guy a deep league grab or all leagues? A big who can board and hit treys is a valuable commodity

Had to make the choice between him or Gooden and I chose Ily because of his multicat abilities. His last two rebounding efforts of 11 and 19 brds are pretty crazy too. Hope he becomes a stud with Bogut out or I'd regret not picking up Gooden instead

So what numbers can we expect (or hope) from Ersan?

12 PPG - 8 REB - 1 STL - .5 BL - .5 THREES - 44% FG - 77% FT

Had to make the choice between him or Gooden and I chose Ily because of his multicat abilities. His last two rebounding efforts of 11 and 19 brds are pretty crazy too. Hope he becomes a stud with Bogut out or I'd regret not picking up Gooden instead

Keep dreaming.

I don't see any reason he can't average the 19 rebs he got the other night.

Tyrus Thomas and his 9 blocks says, "hi"

true dat

Head coach Scott Skiles announced that Drew Gooden will start at center for the Bucks with Andrew Bogut out, but that Ersan Ilyasova will also play as center in certain situations as well.

Playing Ersan at Center... I don't know how many teams that would work against.

Head coach Scott Skiles announced that Drew Gooden will start at center for the Bucks with Andrew Bogut out, but that Ersan Ilyasova will also play as center in certain situations as well.

Playing Ersan at Center... I don't know how many teams that would work against.

What should we make of this? Is this good or bad for Ersan? I'm hoping he gets like 30 minutes per game.

He'll probably see 25-30 minutes either way worth a deep league flier

Not in a 12 man league?

did he get hurt? Has only played 10 minutes and we're already a few minutes into the 4th.

You woke up from the dream