Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigPapi44

Pablo Sandoval 2012 Season Outlook

I've seen him go from like the 6th to the 9th round. Which is pretty good value I think which he can out produce.

Keeping Panda over Youk this year. I like him as a fringe top 5-3B with one of the best overall values, I can keep him in Round 9!

Yahoo has Panda ranked 38 overall. WOW. Looks like him at 38 and Crawford at 95 has made my decision an easy one. Especially with people like Choo, Victorino, Bruce and Bourn all in the 50-60 range.

Yes I agree with everyone above I think if your looking for 30 hr he is not your man. I believe he is a .300 hitter with a max of 25 hr and depending if some of the Giants start hitting this year I could see close to 95 rbi...

Yes I agree with everyone above I think if your looking for 30 hr he is not your man. I believe he is a .300 hitter with a max of 25 hr and depending if some of the Giants start hitting this year I could see close to 95 rbi...

He hit 23 last year in 117 games and probably played 30 with a bad wrist. If healthy I think he is a lock for 30. His power was at another level last year.

Looks at some of his bombs here. There are a lot of no doubters, even to the opposite field. The one in Detriot was impressive. The best one overall was in Colorado. That one was tatered. Oh and he's entering the Cove. I don't know many who can do that. So to say he's a doubles hitter, you obviously haven't watching him. 20 Hr's will be easy. Add to the fact that Buster is coming back and adding protection I think you have a career year with Panda coming up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3wzhQF4g_I

And he's only gotten slimmer/musclier

he was such a dog in 2010 when i kept him, swinging at every terrible pitch he saw, looking completely lost ...i didn't even pay attention in 2011. so he's got his act back together? hmm. it is interesting how no one talks about a guy who's line drive rate went up a full percentage point from his 2009 breakout and his hr/fb rate bounced back too. maybe he's ignored b/c he lost time last yr supressed counting stats. or maybe just people like me had been scorned by '10 and tuned him out completely.

I'd not seen much of him and was surprised by that opposite field power exhibited in the vids above. Was ALL of that footage from 2011?

I'm very happy to have landed him on 2 teams, so far.

My expectations for '12:

.300 - .320

27 jacks

90 rbi

75 runs

I'd not seen much of him and was surprised by that opposite field power exhibited in the vids above. Was ALL of that footage from 2011?

I'm very happy to have landed him on 2 teams, so far.

My expectations for '12:

.300 - .320

27 jacks

90 rbi

75 runs

I was just discussing Andre Ethier recently and those numbers are very similar to what we came upon. The BA is the only real major difference. Plus he is always out of shape and seems to be an annual injury risk on top of that. I know he did hit some monster shots last year so maybe he will break through power wise. He certainly has the ability to have a David Ortiz in-his-prime type impact but that offense will limit his counting stats compared to Ortiz. Another thing, where is he going to hit in the order? I would assume 4th which I think would be ideal but is there any chance he hits 3rd with Posey behind him?

Wheres everyone slotting Sandoval at this year among 3B? I think I personally like him better than Wright and Zimmerman who I consistently see him ranked below. Am I the only one?

Wheres everyone slotting Sandoval at this year among 3B? I think I personally like him better than Wright and Zimmerman who I consistently see him ranked below. Am I the only one?

No. I have thought this myself, actually and in my draft cheatsheet, I had Pablo as my #3 3B behind just Longo and Bautista. Not sure exactly why, but I think he is in for a big year.

I would select the Panda after Beltre/Wright, before Zimmerman/Lowrie.

No. I have thought this myself, actually and in my draft cheatsheet, I had Pablo as my #3 3B behind just Longo and Bautista. Not sure exactly why, but I think he is in for a big year.

Don't forget Miggy and HanRam will be 3B this year, too.

Don't forget Miggy and HanRam will be 3B this year, too.

In terms of 3Bs, obviously I would have Cabrera above him, but not Hanley. Hanley would get drafted first because of the SS eligibility, though.

I also forgot about Beltre for some reason. For me it goes (including Cabrera and Hanley)

1. Miguel Cabrera

2. Bautista

3. Longoria

4. Beltre

5. Pablo

6. Hanley

7. Wright

8. Zimmerman

9. Lawrie

10. Youkilis

When hasn't he? Nearly hit a 2 run hr in his first AB today but just got under it

Hes always going to be fat, its how he is. But, hes fine. As alluded to above he hit the piss out of a ball in his first at bat, got another great swing on one just now with the RBI double.

When hasn't he? Nearly hit a 2 run hr in his first AB today but just got under it

Remember his manager said he was tired from his offseason program? He was supposed to in the best shape and worn out from working out all offseason.

Looking like a fat pig makes me realize his work out was eating drum sticks.

Remember his manager said he was tired from his offseason program? He was supposed to in the best shape and worn out from working out all offseason.

Looking like a fat pig makes me realize his work out was eating drum sticks.

Like it or not, some guys no matter how good of shape they are in are going to be fat, Sandoval is one of these guys.