Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigPapi44

Pablo Sandoval 2012 Season Outlook

with pagan and melky ahead of him, and posey an belt behind him i think panda will have a great year

Saw an article that says Sandoval is the emergency catcher this year, too.

Which as a Sandoval owner made me pee my pants a little bit. The very possibility of in season catcher eligibility (depending on your league rules) is a great bonus.

As for his history - people talking about 2010 - he was going through a divorce that year... I'm guessing that had something to do with his bad year, especially since he turned it right back around in 2011. I think he is going to be fine.

I was going to say "in good shape" instead of "fine" but - well, you know.

Crushes a 2 run HR.

Nice!

Panda will have a huge year. If his wrist doesn't give him anymore issues I'd say 35+ homers.

I will not stand down from this quote. Number 2.

Panda is beating the cork out of the ball early on this year. Happy to have him aboard.

Add another bomb. Not too mention he's on 15+ game hiting streak.

Heard that the ball Panda hit tonight is currently over the North Pole, should be landing sometime tomorrow in Russia

I think melky cabrera is doing a lot for the giants which is helping out sandoval. this guy is going to have a great year. the giants never had a 1 or 2 hitter. melky cabrera a 5 tool player (not the big name guy) is really providing opporunities for sandoval which is helping him. not that sandoval is not good without him. plus a healthy buster posey is also an added bonus. if melky cabrera can put up stats like last year sandoval could be the number one 3rd baseman. he will be a top 3.

Yes, since i own both this year, so far, quite pleased with both their output so far. Key for Panda is to stay healthy.

Has the HR he hit yesterday landed yet?

Panda is locked in right now. The moonshot he cracked was a pitch that in previous seasons may have missed his bat. On top of him being more patient and getting better pitches to hit (thank you Melk-man and Posey), he seems to be getting lower/more compact in his swing and can now protect the outside part of the plate vs lefties. If he can continue to lay off the high stuff, he'll be a force all season.

Has the HR he hit yesterday landed yet?

Panda is locked in right now. The moonshot he cracked was a pitch that in previous seasons may have missed his bat. On top of him being more patient and getting better pitches to hit (thank you Melk-man and Posey), he seems to be getting lower/more compact in his swing and can now protect the outside part of the plate vs lefties. If he can continue to lay off the high stuff, he'll be a force all season.

yessir. in the pitch just prior to the HR he checked swinged on a eye high outside FB while Darling gave a "Ohh" in the telecast. I could have sworn I saw the barrel past the lead edge of the plate from the front camera view, but like in Humber's perfect game they didn't show the side view. fine by me if Panda gets 4 strikes.

I know he's quietly having a good year but he just got his hit to go for the 20th game hitting streak. Certainly quieted my uncertainties about him so far.

I know he's quietly having a good year but he just got his hit to go for the 20th game hitting streak. Certainly quieted my uncertainties about him so far.

What uncertainties did you ever have about this guy? He's done nothing but rake his whole career except for the year he weighed 920 pounds.

this guy is great. he should even be considered for a gold glove. he makes some nice catches thrown by the OF in at third. next to beltre he is the best and it is pretty close.

Was that last post serious?

He's a damn good fielder. Soft and quick hands, strong arm, great footwork.

Metrics like him as well.

Well he just left the game. Didn't really look noticeable to what was hurting him. Hopefully it isn't his wrist.

Hopefully it's just something like the flu. If the broadcast mentioned anything, if someone could post, that would be appreciated.

He was running down the line with his head straight down. He didn't look in pain, so hopefully your on to something with the flu.