Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG SKI

George Springer - OF HOU

Astros designated 2 for assignment (Pena and Cedeno) but only one corresponding move with Villar. Could this be the time for Springer?

Unfortunately the 2nd player is Cosart, who was announced Friday and officially brought up today I believe.

JD Martinez and Barnes both left the game yesterday banged up, doesn't look serious but we've gotta be getting closer don't we? Villar is getting his chance and had a nice debut, it's about time they released springer on us.

4-6 with 4 R 2 HR 3 RBI 1 SB this weekend

Gosh, if only he would get a shot this September. He could have an impact similar to Puig and Myers.

Wow really makes sense that he is still in the minors.

This guy is killing it. .314, 29 HR, 82 RBI, 35 SB in 103 total games. Granted, 1/3 of those games are in the PCL, but still impressive.

Nick Frnaklin tore up the PCL as well. He hasn't been too shabby so far in the majors.

You could also look at half the Blue Jay minor leaguers that tore up the PCl and didn't do anything in the majors. Obviously I don't think this will happen to Springer and I don't think he is a product of the PCL, but I wouldn't bring examples like Franklin in someone else could do the same except turn it around.

Nick Frnaklin tore up the PCL as well. He hasn't been too shabby so far in the majors.

I remember reading somewhere that his home stadium is one of the least friendly hitters park in the PCL, FWIW

What I meant is that like Springer, Franklin was a highly-touted prospect before he got called up. Springer and Franklin's talent are not merely a byproduct of the league they play in (PCL).

They should be able to succeed regardless of where they play. PCL or MLB

I remember reading somewhere that his home stadium is one of the least friendly hitters park in the PCL, FWIW

Correct, least friendly in the PCL in terms of HR/GM 2010-2012, statistically 6th worst HR park in AAA

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/season-preview/2013/2614870.html

I watched a Astros game a couple of weeks ago and they had the GM on for about an inning during the game speaking about their prospects. He said Springer would be up in September and that Asher Wojciechowski would be the next pitcher ready to hit the rotation. They are just giving Springer a little more time in AAA since he has only been there for 30 games so far. He may help you win you some fantasy championships so I advise you get him now if he is available.

I watched a Astros game a couple of weeks ago and they had the GM on for about an inning during the game speaking about their prospects. He said Springer would be up in September and that Asher Wojciechowski would be the next pitcher ready to hit the rotation. They are just giving Springer a little more time in AAA since he has only been there for 30 games so far. He may help you win you some fantasy championships so I advise you get him now if he is available.

I would ask any other Astros fans who were watching the game to chime in and verify this as well... but I know they aren't any more Astros fans...

This guy has crushed every level he has played at, I can't imagine him being a bust in the Majors. Not saying he'll be an automatic all star or something but he just isn't going to fizzle out.

Fresh off the twitter

Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal 23s

Sources: #Royals acquire OF Justin Maxwell from #Astros.

Does this signal a Springer call-up?

That's my exact question.

Honestly, I don't understand why the Astros called up Krauss. If they didn't promote Springer instead of Krauss recently, I don't know why they'd do so now. I think they're waiting until September so that they don't start his clock this early.

Call him up like the Angels did Trout two years ago. If he fails, start him off in AAA next year. If he succeeds, well, enjoy ticket sales and some up-tick in season tickets.

What is there to lose?

Word is that the O's acquired Bud Norris for L.J. Hoes. If true, Hoes could simply walk over to the other dugout (Orioles and Houston playing each other tonight in Baltimore, Hoes was in the starting lineup for O's) and play tomorrow, making a Springer callup less likely.

Word is that the O's acquired Bud Norris for L.J. Hoes. If true, Hoes could simply walk over to the other dugout (Orioles and Houston playing each other tonight in Baltimore, Hoes was in the starting lineup for O's) and play tomorrow, making a Springer callup less likely.

I'm kind of getting the opinion it wont happen.

LJ hoes ? Not saying he isn't whatever but thought the Astros had a lot of suitors for Norris.

I'm kind of getting the opinion it wont happen.

Sigh, yeah. Thought the Maxwell trade was signaling a call-up, but obviously it was just to make room for the great LJ Hoes

I think the Astros have made it abundantly clear he isn't coming up before September, no reason to get your hopes up anytime they make a roster move or an injury/trade happens. I'm just sitting back and waiting until Sep 1st and then I'm going to enjoy the show.