Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FouLLine

Javier Baez - SS CHC

Another 3 hits and another 3 RBI. Can we end this charade, trade Castro and call him up.

Big game for Javier Baez tonight:

3/6 with a R scored, 2B, 3B, 3 RBI's, and K'ed once.

In 11 games since returning from the DL (returned on July 23rd):

16/45 (.356 AVG), 8 singles, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 13 runs scored, 2 HR's, 13 RBI's, 4 BB, 13 SO, 4 SB

That includes tonight's line by the way.

They really need this kid in the lineup immediately... Castro is a black hole.

Even if he comes up and stinks he'd probably outproduce him.

Big game for Javier Baez tonight:

3/6 with a R scored, 2B, 3B, 3 RBI's, and K'ed once.

In 11 games since returning from the DL (returned on July 23rd):

16/45 (.356 AVG), 8 singles, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 13 runs scored, 2 HR's, 13 RBI's, 4 BB, 13 SO, 4 SB

That includes tonight's line by the way.

en fuego. and here are the 10 games before his DL trip (5/29 - 6/7)

16/46 (.381 AVG), 10 singles, 3 doubles, 7 runs scored, 3 HR's, 11 RBI's, 2 BB, 12 SO, 1 SB

glad to see he picked up where he left off!! he's got to have Maddon's attention by now.

It's fine I'll get it back together.

It's fine I'll get it back together.

Fool me twice...shame on... ya can't get fooled again.

Another HR tonight.

The only hit but more importantly no strikeouts in 5 at bats.

The travesty continues.

#FreeJavier

Another HR tonight.

and no K's too.

There is NO way they bench Castro for Baez. It would kill Castro's trade value. The smart thing to do is bring him up in September.

If they want to bring him up before September they could, but it would just be to spell at 2B/SS and pinch hit. He's not going to stay in much of a grove doing that.

Our only hope is a post deadline trade, but I'm not sure how they could pull that off and get him past waivers.

There is NO way they bench Castro for Baez. It would kill Castro's trade value. The smart thing to do is bring him up in September.

If they want to bring him up before September they could, but it would just be to spell at 2B/SS and pinch hit. He's not going to stay in much of a grove doing that.

Our only hope is a post deadline trade, but I'm not sure how they could pull that off and get him past waivers.

Hmmm...I'm not sure his trade value can get any worse so I disagree.... Of course they could get Castro into an August trade. You think there's that many teams trying to pick up his $38 million contract? I don't. In addition to Baez, Castro could lose playing time to Tommy LaStella who's rehabbing in Tennessee.

How is Baez's fielding compared to Castro?

Possibly better, but it doesn't matter. Russell would move to SS and Baez has already shown he plays a strong second base.

Castro's trade value is zero. Otherwise he would already be somewhere else.

Guess no one wants to read

I read it, but it was pretty mundane. I didn't find anything in it to respond to.

You didn't comment on it, why would you expect anyone else to?

I don't see anything In that article other than speculating. Castro is bad. Baez is good. They may change. Ho hum.

Guess no one wants to read

I read it, but it was pretty mundane. I didn't find anything in it to respond to.

You didn't comment on it, why would you expect anyone else to?

Oh snap!

I didn't say anything to that effect. I wasn't speaking for anyone but myself. Found it useless so I had no comment.

Another 0 for 4 for Castro

That's good to see if you own Baez but he's also gone a collective 0-9 with 4 k's his last two games. He can keep having consecutive games like that

Cubs GM Jed Hoyer suggested Thursday that the team has no immediate plans to promote Baez, ESPN Chicago reports. "We would love to get him going and not just for a week to 10 day hot stretch," Hoyer said. "We want him to get into a rhythm and get established down there."
Spin:Hoyer did add a caveat, saying an "urgent need" could change things, but it sounds like the Cubs may be content to leave Baez down until rosters expand in September. Thursday's game with Triple-A Iowa marked Baez's 14th since returning from a finger injury. He went 17-for-55 (.309 average) with three homers and 16 strikeouts in his first 13 games back.