Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FouLLine

Javier Baez - SS CHC

The Bad: broke his streak of multi-hit games

The Good: had a hit, a SB, and no Ks

The hitting streak continues though. I've been impressed with how consistent Baez has been this season despite battling injuries and how bad it went for him at the major league level last year.

Not to mention he lost his sister, whom he was reportedly very close to. If I lost my sister, I'd break down like a machine with no bolts..much less thriving at one of the highest levels of baseball.

If he didn't have my respect before this season, he's definitely earned it this year & I just hope everything falls his way from here on out - not even just for fantasy purposes but as a fan of the game and players that have a talent and passion to play it the way Baez does.

how long is Russell going to be out?

going back to Castro should not be an option. Baez could come up and play either SS if Russell is missing time, or play 2B instead.

what more does Baez have to do?!

Soler goes on the DL, and the Cubs call up La Stella.

La Stella? come on now.

was hoping Baez would be the guy once I saw the Soler news...didn't even know Russell was hurting, too

Cubs manager Joe Maddon said Monday that there are no immediate plans to promote Javier Baez.

Jorge Soler's oblique injury has opened some playing time at second base because Chris Coghlan will have to move back to the outfield, but Baez isn't being considered as an option yet. That could change when rosters expand on September 1. Baez, 22, is batting .304/.372/.518 with 12 home runs, 55 RBI, and 15 stolen bases in 62 games this season at the Triple-A level.

Aug 24 - 12:36 PM

September 1

Yeah it seems like they will wait until rosters expand in another week....

I hope La Stella goes 0 for every AB. which isn't a stetch.

is there somethign that would effect Beaz in a contract type situation or whatever if he was to come up before the rosters expaneded in Sptember? I really can't understand why Baez isn't up right now if it was entirely based on production. Baez has been killing the ball. there is now an open opportunity with the Cubs for playing time. yet the Cubs decide to go with light hitting La Stella.

Are people grabbing him in a redraft when/if he comes up?

Are people grabbing him in a redraft when/if he comes up?

I absolutely would.

Agreed.

I hope La Stella goes 0 for every AB. which isn't a stetch.

is there somethign that would effect Beaz in a contract type situation or whatever if he was to come up before the rosters expaneded in Sptember? I really can't understand why Baez isn't up right now if it was entirely based on production. Baez has been killing the ball. there is now an open opportunity with the Cubs for playing time. yet the Cubs decide to go with light hitting La Stella.

The only thing I can think of is that they want to keep trade options open for the off-season and they don't want him to come up and struggle again & mess w/ the trade value he's built in AAA. If this is the case I'd also expect that he won't be an everyday starter when rosters expand. : /

Either way tho, I'm all in on this guy in keepers for 2016. Would take a gamble on him in redrafts too b/c he could come up and get real hot for a bit.

Think he's motivated and/or mad he didn't get the call after Soler being put on the DL... 3-3 with a HR, 2 runs, 2 rbis and a stolen base so far tonight through 6 innings.

wow - now that's how you respond to LaStella's callup...

4-4 w/ a 2 run HR and a SB. Might still get 1 AB b4 the night is over

Think he's motivated and/or mad he didn't get the call after Soler being put on the DL... 3-3 with a HR, 2 runs, 2 rbis and a stolen base so far tonight through 6 innings.

Something that stuck out to me watching his at bats on TV last year and then watching him live in ST this year is his competitive arrogance...which is a good thing. It's mostly why I was pretty sure he'd figure it out.

Also, it's possible he's used the rough year he's had this year to further focus. I'd pick him up in all formats.

I think when he gets back to the majors he's going to rake.

wow - now that's how you respond to LaStella's callup...

4-4 w/ a 2 run HR and a SB. Might still get 1 AB b4 the night is over

and a walk in the 5th AB. hell of a night.

one more thing of note. his last 3 starts have been at 2B/SS/3B respectively.

one more thing of note. his last 3 starts have been at 2B/SS/3B respectively.

Rich man's Zobrist

I had to add him in my keeper league after tonight's game. I may not even keep him next year but at least I'll know nobody else can if I'm rostering him.

Seems like a .250 hitter with plenty of power. Should be streaky in the bigs. Which is still awesome at MI. Uggla part two.

Anyone really expecting even a .280 outside of maybe one or two high babip years?

Seems like a .250 hitter with plenty of power. Should be streaky in the bigs. Which is still awesome at MI. Uggla part two.

Anyone really expecting even a .280 outside of maybe one or two high babip years?

Edit: Uggla without the walks.