Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FouLLine

Javier Baez - SS CHC

Just bumped his Avg. over .300 with 15 HRs and 41 RBI in 43 games. Simply incredible. It's like he wants to make the team next year.

Just bumped his Avg. over .300 with 15 HRs and 41 RBI in 43 games. Simply incredible. It's like he wants to make the team next year.

You might need to update his stat line because he just hit his 2nd HR of the game.

Ye, sorry, forgot that I have to refresh my Baez page ever 30 seconds.

He just hit the second of the night and #33 this year. His line at AA now stands at

.307/.368/.659/1.027

He's going to be fun to own.

Want to put him above Springer now? I'm just kidding, both will be great players.

There's his 100th RBI.

12 games left -- wonder if can go another tear for 40 HRs on the year.

And this guy has a good chance to stick in the MI, worse case 3b...

Exactly, worst case 3B. I honestly think he will push Castro over to 3B.

Castro is 20th of 22 qualified Shortstops in fielding percentage. His career .962 fielding percentage at SS is pretty bad too.

Any chance he gets a September call up? I follow reports on javy probably as much as anybody, but the cubs front office has not said anything that would lead me to believe they would. Anyone else hear or read any reports?

Any chance he gets a September call up? I follow reports on javy probably as much as anybody, but the cubs front office has not said anything that would lead me to believe they would. Anyone else hear or read any reports?

No reason to throw off what he's been doing as well as add unnecessary service time. I really doubt he will be called up this year. He may make the team out of spring next year... But again, I think he'll be one of the super2 call ups in June.

HR #34 and SB #20 -- Speed an added dimension to his game with a sweet 84% success rate this year.

I really hope he sticks at SS.

Remember last year when everyone was going crazy about Wil Myers? Well think of Baez as Wil Myers only he's a year younger, can steal bases and oh yeah, he's a shortstop instead of a corner outfielder. Ridiculous offensive potential.

Sorry to be a buzz kill, but I can no longer get excited about Cubs prospects, no matter how talented. The organization is just a curse to young players. I can't think of one that has worked out over the last 30 years (can't count Sandberg as he was brought up by the Phillies). I thought Starlin would buck the trend, but his Cubitis is showing through now.

Sorry to be a buzz kill, but I can no longer get excited about Cubs prospects, no matter how talented. The organization is just a curse to young players. I can't think of one that has worked out over the last 30 years (can't count Sandberg as he was brought up by the Phillies). I thought Starlin would buck the trend, but his Cubitis is showing through now.

Kerry Wood

Mark Prior (kind of)

Carlos Zambrano

Mark Grace

Corey Patterson (kind of)

Lee Smith

Bruce Sutter

Jon Garland

Greg Maddux

And I think Hee-Seop Choi would have worked out if he hadn't got concussed.

Baez is arguably the most talented prospect the Cubs have had in the last 30 years.

Ok there were some good ones from the mid-80s..not to mention Palmeiro too. ... maybe I should have said 90s and beyond. Prior and Wood were billed as future HOFers..and sure had the talent to be but I consider both of their career miserable failures. Let's see, Orie, Walton, Dwight Smith, Luis Montañez, Gripp, Vitters, Brett Jackson, Angel Guzman..these are just off the top of my mind. Doesn't leave me too bullish about Baez, Almora, Soler, Vogelbach, etc. Maybe Baez will beat the Hendry Trend and I'm just Biased against him

And if Baez has a career like C-Patt, I think many will be disappointed.

Ok there were some good ones from the mid-80s..not to mention Palmeiro too. ... maybe I should have said 90s and beyond. Prior and Wood were billed as future HOFers..and sure had the talent to be but I consider both of their career miserable failures. Let's see, Orie, Walton, Dwight Smith, Luis Montañez, Gripp, Vitters, Brett Jackson, Angel Guzman..these are just off the top of my mind. Doesn't leave me too bullish about Baez, Almora, Soler, Vogelbach, etc. Maybe Baez will beat the Hendry Trend and I'm just Biased against him

Pretty sound reasoning as to why not to like Cyvs prospects.

You believe in flying Billygoats too? :)

Pretty sound reasoning as to why not to like Cyvs prospects.

You believe in flying Billygoats too? :)

Mock me if you will. I'm simply stating an intangible that I have noticed over the years, and just can't believe it's a coincidence that this venerable organization cannot churn out a prospect who can sustain an All-Star caliber career more than a few years. I believe they are cursed (or have major issues with their player development/coaching). Perhaps Hendry moving to the Yanks a couple years ago may have broken this curse, but in the meantime, I will avoid their prospects like I avoid women who ask me how much I make on a first date.