Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calzonesays

Byron Buxton - OF MIN

Recommended Posts

when is this kid supposed to get the call up? any insight on that?

i think it's 50/50 that he could get a shot later is year. If not then obviously 2016 for sure as long as there are no more injuries. Last year really sucked for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whats holding the twins back from just calling him up now?

He missed a huge amount of time and development last year with injuries. Let him cook awhile longer. If I was Minny he wouldn't be up this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit his second triple of the night, but was thrown out at home trying to stretch it into an inside the park homer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 for 5, 1R, 2B, 3B (10th), 4RBI

This game was a continuation of last night's game which was suspended. Second game will be played right after this one is finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

September call up this year or sooner? He's been pretty hot lately right?

I'd say July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

September call up this year or sooner? He's been pretty hot lately right?

I'd say July.

That seems early, but I'd love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

September call up this year or sooner? He's been pretty hot lately right?

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_28056036/minnesota-twins-byron-buxton-red-hot-not-ready
This is promising actually. Not that he'll keep up that slash line for the next 2 months but still he left room for a call up in 6 weeks.

That article was from 20 days ago, ~3 weeks ago. He's still in AA. Does anyone think he'll make the jump straight from AA? I know he's mashing but he's still only 21 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

September call up this year or sooner? He's been pretty hot lately right?

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_28056036/minnesota-twins-byron-buxton-red-hot-not-ready
This is promising actually. Not that he'll keep up that slash line for the next 2 months but still he left room for a call up in 6 weeks.

That article was from 20 days ago, ~3 weeks ago. He's still in AA. Does anyone think he'll make the jump straight from AA? I know he's mashing but he's still only 21 years old.

While I do think Buxton should crack the MLB squad before September call ups. I don't think they should just bypass AAA. That's more of a thing pitchers do. Hitting is a skill that generally takes more refinement. While Buxton is having a nice season in AA, he isn't exactly killing it in terms of his triple slash line.

Let him continue to develop. Promote him to AAA in June. Then if he has a few hot weeks in AAA then start considering a call up. Right now a .829 OPS in AA with nearly a strikeout a game on the season isn't justifying a call up. Yes he is starting to get hot and is a premier talent. But he needs to stay hot.

If I was to bet on it, I'd say early to mid August he'd be up. Which would be great for him to get to play with Torii Hunter. As Trout constantly talks about how Torii helped break him into the big leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Twins being in the race could accelerate his call up as well. But I'd say there's a 1% chance he gets called up before Super Twos (coming up soon) and a 99% chance he is up in September. I'll say 60% chance on late June and a 90% he's up in August.

Just throwing out some %'s there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had a terrible start to the season which has really depressed his overall slash line. He also started the year wit ha 15/2 K/BB to begin with, since that point hes done much better with a 24/13 and is carrying a .302 average in the last 30 days. Guy is just acclimating to AA and at a young age, coming off a lost season. Im not in a rush to see him come up this year, but hes showing me everything I wanted to see at this point. His legs are healthy, as noted by the 13 SB and 11 3B and hes thrown in 6 HR as well as 6 2B. Hes got the ability you rarely see and so long as he stays healthy (hes played in every game so far I believe) big things are in store.

I will say I dont see a ton of value to him going to AAA at all, mainly as hte better prospects and talent pool live in AA. AAA is far more for career minor leaguers than it is high end talent, while Im sure hell get some time there, I dont think its overly important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hits and 3 more stolen bases today. I would love to see him up sooner than September but I'm not getting my hopes up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was reading the below scouting report and was wondering if Buxton-Beltran is a fair comparison. With the hype surrounding Correa and Seager, I find it amazing the lack of talk regarding Buxton. I was always under the impression that Byron was a better prospect than both and one of those generational type prospects. Am i totally off base?

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/articles/jeffmans/19977/2015-mlb-prospect-report-byron-buxton/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was reading the below scouting report and was wondering if Buxton-Beltran is a fair comparison. With the hype surrounding Correa and Seager, I find it amazing the lack of talk regarding Buxton. I was always under the impression that Byron was a better prospect than both and one of those generational type prospects. Am i totally off base?

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/articles/jeffmans/19977/2015-mlb-prospect-report-byron-buxton/

I think the hype might be because Seager and Correa are closer to the call up. Buxton will get his fair share of hype when people start thinking the call up is a few months away. Hunter played with both Buxton and Trout and really believes Buxton is on the same tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.