Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calzonesays

Byron Buxton - OF MIN

So I was reading the below scouting report and was wondering if Buxton-Beltran is a fair comparison. With the hype surrounding Correa and Seager, I find it amazing the lack of talk regarding Buxton. I was always under the impression that Byron was a better prospect than both and one of those generational type prospects. Am i totally off base?

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/articles/jeffmans/19977/2015-mlb-prospect-report-byron-buxton/

I think the hype might be because Seager and Correa are closer to the call up. Buxton will get his fair share of hype when people start thinking the call up is a few months away. Hunter played with both Buxton and Trout and really believes Buxton is on the same tier.

I believe it. I'm not sure Seager is any closer to a call-up than Buxton. LA is crowded and I could see the twins call him up after all-star break. Just a gut feeling of course. They are a bit of a different animal when it comes to business and to them Buxton is probably as good as making a trade for some help

I don't understand the service time considerations when it comes to mega-prospects like this. If he is, in fact, a generational prospect surely you're going to give him some kind of extension before his rookie deal expires in a few years? The MLB really needs to address the issue of service time and how teams effectively use it to hold players in the minors who are clearly ready for the bigs.

I don't understand the service time considerations when it comes to mega-prospects like this. If he is, in fact, a generational prospect surely you're going to give him some kind of extension before his rookie deal expires in a few years? The MLB really needs to address the issue of service time and how teams effectively use it to hold players in the minors who are clearly ready for the bigs.

It's a fair question to ask though. I wonder if that service tim has a huge impact on his call up for this yr.. Anyone have details on this?

I keep hearing references to the "conservative Twins". Are they notorious for being conservative with their players? I want to stash him but it seems as if it may not be for anything this year.

I keep hearing references to the "conservative Twins". Are they notorious for being conservative with their players? I want to stash him but it seems as if it may not be for anything this year.

I think Sano will be the first of the two Twins to be called up. Maybe once Sano is up you could potentially stash, but i don't think he will be up until maybe Sept.

I think Sano will be the first of the two Twins to be called up. Maybe once Sano is up you could potentially stash, but i don't think he will be up until maybe Sept.

Oh really? I figured Sano was still a decent ways off with the injury and the relatively high K rate in AA ball (although it isn't terrible I guess). Granted I know very little about the organization or the situation. Guess we'll see.

Another impressive day/night for this guy. He continues to fly under the radar for all the recent prospect talk which I'm ok with. Although it probably won't come until September when this guy gets the call I think he'll be something special

Thought I read in one of McDaniels chats that buxtons been clocked at 90 speed but the scale only goes to 80. Having seen him in person, he's stupid fast.

I'm really tempted to stash this guy in a keeper league but I already have Corey Seager. Will we really have to wait until September to see him?

I'd be surprised if he came up before September. I've stashed him and Correa since the first week of the season. I lost out on too many prospects to wait for either of those guys. My philosophy with keeper leagues is if you really want a prospect grab him before somebody else does or you'll regret this moment

I think there's a decent shot he gets called up before September if they are still in contention. Plus the thought is to have Torie Hunter while he's still with the team.

I think there's a decent shot he gets called up before September if they are still in contention. Plus the thought is to have Torie Hunter while he's still with the team.

Man I sure hope so. He's 2-3 with his 12th triple and a walk so far tonight. He's brought his average up fairly quickly considering how slowly he started the season. And already with 20 sb in just 57 games. He deserves to be up imo

Man I sure hope so. He's 2-3 with his 12th triple and a walk so far tonight. He's brought his average up fairly quickly considering how slowly he started the season. And already with 20 sb in just 57 games. He deserves to be up imo
His defense alone is worthy of a call up. Plus he doesn't have anyone blocking him.

His defense alone is worthy of a call up. Plus he doesn't have anyone blocking him.

Yeah I imagine Hick would slide over to LF so Buxton could man center. We'll see. I hope you're right about the pre-September call-up.

Aaron Gleeman @AaronGleeman 2h2 hours ago

Byron Buxton's first 12 games at AA: .180 AVG, .241 OBP, .300 SLG

Byron Buxton's last 45 games at AA: .306 AVG, .373 OBP, .541 SLG

He's 21.

Jon Morosi @jonmorosi 23h23 hours ago

USA Baseball wants @Twins top prospect Byron Buxton for Pan-Am Games roster if he's not called up by July, source says; .815 OPS at AA now.

Nick Nelson @nnelson9 5h5 hours ago

During his current 7-game hitting streak in Chattanooga, Byron Buxton is batting .462 with a double, a triple, 4 steals, 5 BB.

Aaron Gleeman ‏@AaronGleeman 2h2 hours ago

He's 21.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 23h23 hours ago

USA Baseball wants @Twins top prospect Byron Buxton for Pan-Am Games roster if he's not called up by July, source says; .815 OPS at AA now.

Nick Nelson ‏@nnelson9 5h5 hours ago

During his current 7-game hitting streak in Chattanooga, Byron Buxton is batting .462 with a double, a triple, 4 steals, 5 BB.

Don't understand why the Twins would allow him to play on team USA when they could use him in CF to start the second half of the yr. this kid is talented enough to make the transition and help the big club

He's 21.

Don't understand why the Twins would allow him to play on team USA when they could use him in CF to start the second half of the yr. this kid is talented enough to make the transition and help the big club
doubt they allow him with the risk of him getting hurt

He's 21.

doubt they allow him with the risk of him getting hurt

100% agree. Would make no sense to me. It doesn't do the Twins any good having him play for team USA at this point in his young career.

Wowwwww

Too soon IMO. All the talent in the world but after missing so much development last year this seems rushed.