Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calzonesays

Byron Buxton - OF MIN

Well, there goes $101 of my $200 FAAB!

Saw him thrice in the minors dude is a one of a kind talent hope he does not have the jitters

So now that he's back in AAA, will we get updates daily here?

Are there ever *daily* updates in the MiLB forum?

Are there ever *daily* updates in the MiLB forum?

See the AJ Reed thread. Yes lol.

Just check MILB.com if you need a daily update and there's nothing here.

Yesterday he went 2-3 with 2 runs, 1HR, 1SB, 1BB

I was coming in to comment the exact same thing. His forum is the most frustrating thing for me to read in the MLB section. Seems like no one understands these players go through an intense maturation process to the bigs. The talent is still off the charts and if any bimbo wants to sell low in dynasty/keeper format I would be all over it.

I don't think the Trout comps were fair in the first place.. Because that dude in Anaheim is one of a kind. But I can still easily see a 15+ HR 50 steal guy with a solid average and gold glove D

I was coming in to comment the exact same thing. His forum is the most frustrating thing for me to read in the MLB section. Seems like no one understands these players go through an intense maturation process to the bigs. The talent is still off the charts and if any bimbo wants to sell low in dynasty/keeper format I would be all over it.

I don't think the Trout comps were fair in the first place.. Because that dude in Anaheim is one of a kind. But I can still easily see a 15+ HR 50 steal guy with a solid average and gold glove D

I get it. He's a 22 year old who was rushed to the majors. Plus I read that he always has trouble transitioning to the next level. Can't wait until he is ready. Probably won't be until next year.

I get it. He's a 22 year old who was rushed to the majors. Plus I read that he always has trouble transitioning to the next level. Can't wait until he is ready. Probably won't be until next year.

Don't forget about the path guys like Odor took... that's what I'm halfway expecting from Buxton... give him till July in the minors, then let it rip.

Another HR today off of Eduardo Rodriguez (Boston). Starting to tap into some power over the past week or so.

Great to hear that he's showing his offensive talent again. Do people think his confidence was just shot in the bigs? He didn't really show much pop which has very quickly returned in AAA which is a bit odd. I've just taken over a keeper team with him on the farm, great that he doesn't seem to have lost too much of his luster then. I'm hoping we see him again at some point this year, but when he is red hot and confident, for now I think the biggest thing to work on is lowering his K rate.

Gut feeling this guy has an above avg impact in the 2nd half of the fantasy season. He needed to reset in AAA. Still big on this guy

Gut feeling this guy has an above avg impact in the 2nd half of the fantasy season. He needed to reset in AAA. Still big on this guy

Right there with you. I've bought low in several dynasty leagues.

2/5 last night with a K.

Hitting very well in the month of May thus far in AAA though:

14/39 (.359 AVG), 3 HR's, 7 RBI's, 8 K's, 4 BB's, 1 SB

2/5 last night with a K.

Hitting very well in the month of May thus far in AAA though:

14/39 (.359 AVG), 3 HR's, 7 RBI's, 8 K's, 4 BB's, 1 SB

The power returning is a great sign. Is the Twins AAA ballpark meant to be a homer friendly environment?

I'd like to see him start running wild on the bases too. Though I guess they are understandably being cautious with him this year after the bad injuries he's had.

The Twins made a very shortsighted move to call him up in the first place, he needs continuous AB's at AAA for a few months now to really get his confidence back. Promising signs again so far.

2/5 with 2 steals, a walk and 2 runs in his first game back.

Took a long time for another update, thanks. Thought he was struggling, seemed his back was ailing,

Roaring return with 4 hits in his 2 games back from injury.

Now at .315/.370 with 3HRs and 4SBs (0CS) since his return to the minors. Good stuff. His confidence must be returning.

Think he could be called back up in early June when the Twins start their next homestand? He's crushing it in AAA right now.

Think he could be called back up in early June when the Twins start their next homestand? He's crushing it in AAA right now.

Possible, but the Twins suck, and common perception seems to be that he was completely rushed. And think they're happy he's crushing and have no reason to rush him up again. My gut says he's down another month. Make sure he's ready for good.

As an owner I'm more than ok if they leave him until the ASB and let him really light it up and gain lots of confidence before he's back in the bigs.